Is the 2 pack Cable's costume comic accurate to anythig he ever wore?

Bigsexy944

The reason I ask is because I know its a Wolverine re-use. It looks like it could be accurate and I don't follow the comics as closley as I used to so I don't know how accurate it is. Did he wear it? When and where?

i like the head sculpt on that figure.

I really wish they'd do the costume he wore when he was a member of the X-Men after Cyclops died, with the visor around his neck. That was one of the only designs from that time period that I actual loved. Phoenix's was great too. Now I'm rambling.

Yes hight is what I am wondering hte most about as well! I can se a lot of customs coming out of this one :) I am already thinking head and arm swap if possible ..

Cable reuses the X-men Stealth Wolverine body.

http://marvelousnews.com/database/index.php?itemid=765

It has two normal arms so all you'd have to do is switch the head and cut the claws off.

You can grab it for under 5 dollars at KB right now. It would be a better and cheaper choice for a custom base than the upcoming Cable.

As for size the Wolverine is very tall. http://marvelousnews.com/database/index.php?itemid=775

I think both two packs are great repaints and I can't wait to find them. They are excellent excellent uses of existing molds.

Totally agree. It even took me a few minutes to figure out who they rehashed. Still can't figure it for Marvel Girl. By the way, I think that if you don't like the Cable, at least is worth it.

Cable is nicer looking then the ML6 one, taller(like he should be) and has a neat costume(yes not comic accurate but still), has two guns etc etc.

And if some of you hate this then you must of hated some of TBs reuse/crap, ML3 Magneto anyone?

Hasbro isn't doing anything with these two packs that TB hasn't already done, reuse/non comic looks.

ML7 Apoc only appeared in comics in that look after the figure was released, ML11 Ultron anyone?

People calling Hasbro Hasblow and stuff over this need to either shut up, or call Toybiz Toyblowz, its only fair :P

Hey I was the biggest Toy biz basher on the planet before, and their laziness pissed me off to no end as well. ML3 is a perfect example.

What makes it worse is that TB can pull off some stellar figures if they really wanted to. Black Panther, Storm, Ultimate cap, the Pitt, Sentinal etc. are simply amazing. Then other figures were pure and utter crap.

The even sadder thing is Hasbro is worse. There are a couple really decent figures but even their best are ruined by te fact that there are no pait washes and the figures end up looking cheap.

I don't recall Cable ever looking like this, but he doesn't really have a definitive costume. He switches quite often compared to other characters.

I don't like the ML6 one all that much because he is too short and his hips are weird.

I love the Stealth Wolverine body, and this reuse is pretty nice, even if not comic-accurate to anything.

The head sculpt on Cable is great too. Its unfortunate that I will have to pick up that ugly Marvel Girl to get him... but I will.

Cannonball is a bit skinny, butits okay.. and Domino is cool, just wish they painted her black and white instead of black and blue

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

This sucks. I used that Wolv. for a Cable custom I started like, right after that body came out. Now my injunuity will look like I just copied theirs. CRRRRRRAAAAaaapppp. @grumpy@ . I hate their head sculpt though. I used a DCSH Supes head with a little paint and it looks much better.

i give props to hasbro on this one, their reuse of molds and the choices they made look pretty good. I knew what mold each fig was based off of right away but that doesnt mean they dont look sweet. i will def get the cannonball and domino figs... depends on how cable and marvel girl (jean grey) end up looking like..

btw toujisuzuhara, i think marvel girls' mold is actually from the new upcoming hasbro ML marvel girl (rachel grey). Both series are coming out at the same time too.

Will it be too much to ask that Cable will actually be able to hold his guns? Also, it would be nice if they had included a holster on the left leg too...

My first thought was, whoa Cannonball = ML7 Ghost Rider! I've seen that custom before! My second thought was, whoa Cable = Stealth Wolverine!, I've seen that custom too! Someone pointed out Domino, being X-Treme Rogue and ya, Marvel Girl is an obvious reuse of the single pack Rachel Grey Marvel Girl. That smile is freakish.... or ugly.... can't tell just yet, hopefully they do some fine tuning to her face, everything else looks cool.

For being reused bodies, these are creative and good choices. I'd rather have some reused or even rehashed bodies than not getting these two-packs at all. It's not like they're re-using ML1 Iron Man's body.... that would just be mad! Mad I say!

It has two normal arms so all you'd have to do is switch the head and cut the claws off.

You can grab it for under 5 dollars at KB right now. It would be a better and cheaper choice for a custom base than the upcoming Cable.

As for size the Wolverine is very tall. http://marvelousnews.com/database/index.php?itemid=775

See thats not right. Its a re-use of the body with a different paint job and the arms on the new Cable figure are not the same as the 1's on the stealth Wolvie. If you look again you can see the figure uses the old Cable arms on a Stealth Wolvie body with a extra place to store another gun on the back and a new head.

See thats not right. Its a re-use of the body with a different paint job and the arms on the new Cable figure are not the same as the 1's on the stealth Wolvie. If you look again you can see the figure uses the old Cable arms on a Stealth Wolvie body with a extra place to store another gun on the back and a new head.

Yes I'm aware. I was replying to the post above mine. :

Yes hight is what I am wondering hte most about as well! I can se a lot of customs coming out of this one smile.gif I am already thinking head and arm swap if possible ..

I was pointing out that you can get the body with 2 normal arms for under 5 bucks at KB right now, so he'd only need to swap heads and cut off the claws for his custom. He won't have to change out the arms like he would on the Cable.

• 5 months later...

I just picked up the Cable/Jean Grey 2-Pack, today, on clearance for $13.00 @ Wally World. I don't have the Toybiz ML-6 Cable. Does anyone have a side-by-side height comparison pic of these two Cables? The new Hasbro fig still seems a little short, to me.

From what I've read, above, it seems most of you were going to like the Hasbro Cable better. Does everyone still feel/think that way? Did I get the better figure?

i cant bring myself to buy this pack

i have the ml6 cable and i think hes far superior to this one

i dont like the head sculpt,i dont like the costume,and i dont like jean

maybe when it goes for under 10 id get it for fodder,but 13 is still too much for something i want nothing of

when they come out with a cable that is like 6'8 and buff as hell,ill consider buying a new cable, but until then,ml6 gets it done for me

The Marvel Girl figure isn't too bad, I just wish they'd added the Phoenix symbol to her chest, like what is shown on the front of the box. Has anyone tried a head swap of the two Cable figures? I like the ML6 Cable's head more than I do the new one and I was wondering if anyone could take a picture of the end result.