Piper Revel Puzzle

cmderinchief

Never got into the whole wrestling thing, but like anybody who lives out from under the rock, I know who the key players are, and like enough of them (as the "characters" they portray) that I easily became a fan of Slaughter (per his role in G.I.Joe) Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Andrea the Giant and Piper for their work outside of the ring and in Hollywood, especially Piper.

I don't get into the wrestling thing, but I dig the hell out of it for G.I.Joe characters...don't ask me why? Maybe I view the attitudes they portray in wrestling, with some of the eccentric, arrogant, gung ho attitudes of G.I.Joe? A good match!

Watching a couple of ninja dudes, dancin' around, flippin' over each other and prancing like a couple of pixies on crack, like some ancient art of ninja-erobics....gets OLD quick! I'd rather watch Slaughter body slam ol' Nemesis Enforcer and give him a couple of pile drivers. ^_^

I'd take a wrestling connection over all the ninja bullsh@# any day. Bring back Slaughter, give us this Piper, bring Big Boa back to life, same for Croc Master, Raptor and Mindbender (ALL reeking of Wrestling eccentricity in appearance and brawniness) and put Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow on "hiatus" until the end of the 25th line, and I'll be a happy Joe! ^_^

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't have said it better myself, VH. Sgt Slaughter is one of my all time fav Joes and I would absolutely love to see a 25th version done to show Beachhead how a Drill Instructor really does it.

This idea of Piper is awesome and I can't wait to see the actual product. Only question is is it 'ARAH' classic style or 25th Ann. style -either way is cool, but he is rocking a 25th package.

Couldn't have said it better myself, VH. Sgt Slaughter is one of my all time fav Joes and I would absolutely love to see a 25th version done to show Beachhead how a Drill Instructor really does it.

Yes indeedy! ^_^

This idea of Piper is awesome and I can't wait to see the actual product. Only question is is it 'ARAH' classic style or 25th Ann. style -either way is cool, but he is rocking a 25th package.

I'm thinking it's going to be in the new style, which is probably a good thing that they do it that way, especially if we see a lot of old characters redone, like Slaughter and the others, and my feeling is, they might as well match if they do. :)

I don`t know, I always thought Roddy Piper to be really lame. Heck, he was big when I was little and now he`s basically a nobody. Would have preferred one of the newer wrestlers, not a guy in a kilt! I still have horrible memories of Hulk`s TV Cartoon where Roddy was always the bad guy. LAME!

Just for the record, Piper is one of the original bad-asses of wrestling. He has had a hell of a career and his mic skills set the precedent for years to come.

Anyway, does anyone else have a problems with the package art showing Piper's kilt ending above his knees? It's not a friggin' mini-skirt, it's a kilt! Hopefully, the figure won't mirror that.

Anyway, does anyone else have a problems with the package art showing Piper's kilt ending above his knees? It's not a friggin' mini-skirt, it's a kilt! Hopefully, the figure won't mirror that.

It probably will just to give the legs some degree of articulation.

Doesn't mean you should look up his kilt though. :huh:

Just wondering. Maybe others have noticed a trend here. The lines or people who like and dislike the Piper character seem to be split along the same lines of those who are going to the con and those who are not. Interesting......

Just wondering. Maybe others have noticed a trend here. The lines or people who like and dislike the Piper character seem to be split along the same lines of those who are going to the con and those who are not. Interesting......

You are just a conspiracy theorist @smilepunch@

heh heh heh....just trying to stur the pot. Only those (edit - a couple now) on the JBL boards have taken the bait.

Edit: Relax folks, relax. ;) Why all the seriousness??

Good call on the parts Aly, I kinda figured the Hannibal jacket and I saw that metal piece on his shoulder so I was thinking the Hannibal/Salvo/Steel Brigade torso too.. I think you're right about the Spirit lower legs.. but doesn't he have big honkin' straps on his thighs? So I doubt it's his upper legs too..

anyway.. I want one, I loved the old school Piper.. the guy freakin kicked Cancer's ass too.. so he's alright in my book, lol... I wonder if they're gonna be true to the whole "under the kilt" thing.. :o

I am not going to the con and I am VERY Excited about this figure, as a matter of fact, I havent yet been to a convention, but I have all the sets and exclusives

Have they shown the actual figure yet? What am I missing? @hmmm@

Here's the mockups, as I put together in the list. Not garaunteed to be correct, but just my guesses.

Piper_mockups.jpg

And VH, no, I don't think they have, unless they did it in the Club Forums.

Yep! I'd say your mock up is damn near dead on!

Somehow, I overlooked the club exclusive nature of this figure, and was thinking it would be a 25th style sculpt, but obviously they're going with some old VvV molds here. ^_^

Hopefully they'll have a few left over?

in one word: GARBAGE

111kiltsnm6.png

@firedevil@

whistling.gif

Would've loved to have this. To bad it's an exclusive. Damn.

Would've loved to have this. To bad it's an exclusive. Damn.

you can always ask someone to pick you up one

What's the MSROP?