Piper Revel Puzzle

cmderinchief

Not a big "Rasslin" fan. Not sure why the Joe-verse is being polluted with it.

Maybe they can have a cage match between the Steriod Freaks of the WWF and Cobra La.

Maybe next year we'll get NASCAR. Yee-Haw!!

So obviously count me in as not getting one. Easier for those who want it.

You can keep the sterotypes to yourself too. Wrestling fans take about as kindly to "steroid freaks" and "NASCAR" references thrown their way as people who collect action figures take kindly to "living in mom's basement" comments.

You are right, I apologize, they aren't all Cage Matches... ;)

And it is not a "Basement" it is an "Apartment" and all the other Dungeon Master's think it is awesome.

I watched Wrestling in the 80's like everybody else, but I don't want them in the Joe Universe. Plain and simple. So if they make a Von Erich Family pack, I'll be all over it (although there is only 1 left alive that could come to the Con).

To quote more 80's..."Don't cross the streams" or perhaps "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter"...

Sorry to have a different opinion than yours, but it happens.

It wasn't a matter of having a different opinion it was your lack of diplomacy in stating your opinion that was the problem.

Anyhow, the artwork for Piper looks promising. While I understand why it makes sense making him an Iron Grenadier I would have prefered a Cobra symbol on his shirt. I'm sure Piper is going to love having people asking him about the "Iron Grenadiers" everywhere he goes now when he probably doesn't even know what Cobra is.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the forum is messed up

The filecard is totally revealled. Sounds kinda interesting, glad he is tied in with Destro. I am hoping he will be in the 25 anniversary formart. Ok so now weve seen the file art, when do we get to see the finished product? Are they going to be doing to hasbrotoyshop.com sale afterwards as well since they did that with destro? I want to see the figure itself before i pass judgment.

The filecard is totally revealled. Sounds kinda interesting, glad he is tied in with Destro. I am hoping he will be in the 25 anniversary formart. Ok so now weve seen the file art, when do we get to see the finished product? Are they going to be doing to hasbrotoyshop.com sale afterwards as well since they did that with destro? I want to see the figure itself before i pass judgment.

I hope he is in RAH format, i like the 25th line, but i prefer the rah line. #US1#

I'm betting they do the bottom left piece next.. we'll see a hint of Piper, but that's it, lol.. then we'll have to wait the weekend and then finally on monday we'll see the rest... do they show them on the weekend?

I'm betting they do the bottom left piece next.. we'll see a hint of Piper, but that's it, lol.. then we'll have to wait the weekend and then finally on monday we'll see the rest... do they show them on the weekend?

Depends on what kind of mood they're in. ;)

Anyway, I'm all over this figure. I wonder if it will be an original head sculpt, or how they will pull that off, otherwise.

Jami- Yep, it's an all new head sculpt, and even has a kilt believe it or not.

any idea as to whether or not it is RAH or New Sculpting?

Jami- Yep, it's an all new head sculpt, and even has a kilt believe it or not.

any idea as to whether or not it is RAH or New Sculpting?

I asked that same question at the MC forums. The only response I got was that it had a new head sculpt, which made me conclude that the fig was an exisiting mold (ARAH or new...I don't know). I do know that the final product is not ready yet for viewing.

I like the Scottish/Clan Destro connection.

I wonder if they'll ever try to get CM Punk to join COBRA. He can be Storm Shadow's apprentice that took over training the Arashikage Ninjas that stayed with COBRA. I mean, he's got the Cobra insignia tattoo and the Arashikage Clan tattoo.

CM could bring the younger generation into G.I. Joe ARAH.

Since the card appears to be a 25th Anniversary Card, im guessing it will be a 25th sculpt. Now they just need to take that Slaughter custom shown at SDCC and release it. A wreslters 2-pack.

Ya know, we #$#@# and moan about the club not giving us something unique. When they do, we #$#@# and moan again.

BTW, Maurader sells in-scale folding seats. I think I may have to get one for ol' Hot Rod.

i NEED this piper figure!!!!! gah and i cant get to the con either

If it is like the past, the Piper fig will be on sale online in the GIJCC store a few weeks after the con. There will be a member and non-member price though.

Ya know, we #$#@# and moan about the club not giving us something unique. When they do, we #$#@# and moan again.

BTW, Maurader sells in-scale folding seats. I think I may have to get one for ol' Hot Rod.

I'm happy with a majority of what they put out, i'll offer my thoughts though whether its bad or negative, i'm still glad they are putting out products. Personally i cant wait for this figure.

I'm happy with a majority of what they put out, i'll offer my thoughts though whether its bad or negative, i'm still glad they are putting out products. Personally i cant wait for this figure.

FULL card art is up!!!

From what I can see, and knowing how GIJCC puts together stuff according to whether molds are in the same factory or not, I'm seeing the following parts:

head- original sculpt (know that for sure)

torso-Salvo/Hannibal

arms-VvV Shipwreck/Hannibal (I'd rather see Rollbars arms instead though/better pattern match)

jacket-Hannibal

waist-??

thighs-possibly JvC Nunchuk or DTC Spirit

feet-DTC Spirit

weapons-who cares, as long as he's got fists?

I know part of this list is likley wishful thinking due to molds being not being available all in one factory, but it'd be nice if they were able to choose the best parts to frankenstein each figure. I'll see about maybe mocking one of these up today so you guys can get an rough idea.

I think that if they MAY have allowed for a new part to be tooled in the kilt, but that's just a guess given that all the rest of the budget for new parts would have been used on the females. I certainly hope so at any rate, but I guess a recycled SW part would work okay....best choice would obviously be soft goods....hey, I can dream.

well since the filecard makes no mention of him wrestling, people that bitched and moaned about the wrestling aspect can hush lol