Piper Revel Puzzle

cmderinchief

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all over this figure.....Piper was one of my favorite wrestlers when I was younger.....plus I have no problem whatsoever with Slaughter being a part of the Joeverse....I know some collectors absolutly LOATHE Slaughter and the whole concept of him but when I was little Slaughter was the coolest thing since sliced bread......He always introduced the Joe cartoons when they were on the "Cartoon Express" back in the day and he was a real life Joe!!!! To a little Joe Fan this was monumental.......bring on Piper....to me it also goes perfect with the 25th line being launched........

I could care less if people like him or not......I'm kinda glad he won't be that popular....cause that means I'll actually be able to get one easily.

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know I just wish they would show us the figure and the card art......it really grinds my gears when they take forever to show us something......its not exciting to me at all. If anything it just gets me P'O'ed. Its not just with the Piper figure its with everything........just show us stuff......!!!!

I'm a bit leary about the line:

'Wearing his classic wrestling gear'

I'm hoping that's meaning his entrance attire, and not just some blue underwear like tights.

As am I but from what we can see he appears to be wearing his leather jacket so I assume he will be wearing his kilt as well. I wonder what parts they will sue from his legs?

piper is one of my all time favorite wrestlers it seems fitting that the biggest heel in the 80's is now in cobra.i can't wait to see this figure.

imo he will be wearing a kilt,boots,white or black shirt w/cobra logo,and a leather jacket.that what he wore in the 1980's and 90's.

God bless,

john #US1#

You know I just wish they would show us the figure and the card art......it really grinds my gears when they take forever to show us something......its not exciting to me at all. If anything it just gets me P'O'ed. Its not just with the Piper figure its with everything........just show us stuff......!!!!

Yeah, some other people complained about this inside the GIJCC forum. I don't like the game either, but there is two months to con, so he has to drrrraaaagggg this stuff out as much as possible. :) It reminds me of the frosted mini-wheats commercial --

"The kid in me really wants to see the stuff now; the adult in me is busy with work and travel and often forgets to look until evening time." @lol@

Not a big "Rasslin" fan. Not sure why the Joe-verse is being polluted with it.

Maybe they can have a cage match between the Steriod Freaks of the WWF and Cobra La.

Maybe next year we'll get NASCAR. Yee-Haw!!

So obviously count me in as not getting one. Easier for those who want it.

Maybe they can have a cage match between the Steriod Freaks of the WWF and Cobra La.

You can keep the sterotypes to yourself too. Wrestling fans take about as kindly to "steroid freaks" and "NASCAR" references thrown their way as people who collect action figures take kindly to "living in mom's basement" comments.

cool, one less totally awesome way above the fray free thinking super dude that wants this figure, that means more for me, the red neck rasslin loving turd...

@loll@

It really has little to do with "Rasslin" as you put it.......for me at least.....I'm a child of the 80's...I grew up playing with GI Joe's/Thundercats/MOTU.....and another huge part of growing up in that 10 years of greatness...(as a kid) was the Golden Age of Professional Wrestling.....back when wrestling really was Entertainment.....I haven't watched it since like 94 or something when I was like 14-15 and it got to be too silly but back to my point.

Its cool for the same reasons that Slaughter was cool to me when I was little......he was a mail away figure that fit into my Joe-verse....he was a pro wrestler and as I stated before a "real life" GI Joe......I feel like I'm talking for some other Joe fans when I say that its just cool as hell and kinda a throw back to that time period. Its also cool that they are at least tying in his character to Destro and the IG's.

Goes well with the 25th line as well....IMO.

Oh and I hate NASCAR.......boring as hell.

(Now there will be like 5 posters flaming me about what I said about NASCAR) oh you gotta love the internet. @smilepunch@

You can keep the sterotypes to yourself too. Wrestling fans take about as kindly to "steroid freaks" and "NASCAR" references thrown their way as people who collect action figures take kindly to "living in mom's basement" comments.

could not have said it better myself

You are right, I apologize, they aren't all Cage Matches... ;)

And it is not a "Basement" it is an "Apartment" and all the other Dungeon Master's think it is awesome.

I watched Wrestling in the 80's like everybody else, but I don't want them in the Joe Universe. Plain and simple. So if they make a Von Erich Family pack, I'll be all over it (although there is only 1 left alive that could come to the Con).

To quote more 80's..."Don't cross the streams" or perhaps "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter"...

Sorry to have a different opinion than yours, but it happens.

ANYWAY...

I want to get one.. and see if I can hunt down a Slaughter from last year.. but I'm kinda waiting to see what he looks like.. I'm afraid he's gonna have some crappy pleather coat and a cloth skirt @loll@ here's to hoping he doesn't..

I wonder what Piper thinks about training evil terrorists.. :o