Takara's Masterpiece Starscream US edition

Doom Saber

Actually, both the Hasbro and the Takara ver are priced the same. So the only money one probably saves by buying the Hasbro ver over the Takara is probably the shipping and handling, which like an extra 10 dollars. If I recall, Hasbro will be priced at 80. However, because of tax for gettin the domestic version, it would probably be the same as getting the japanese figure plus shipping.

:) :) Hm, so far it looks great. Ah hech, anyone puts out the lesser battle damage has my vote. I don't know which one to get. It may depend on the amount of battle damage and whether any weapon modification.

Actually, both the Hasbro and the Takara ver are priced the same. So the only money one probably saves by buying the Hasbro ver over the Takara is probably the shipping and handling, which like an extra 10 dollars. If I recall, Hasbro will be priced at 80. However, because of tax for gettin the domestic version, it would probably be the same as getting the japanese figure plus shipping.

http://tformers.com/Masterpiece-Starscream.../7983/news.html

I doubt that hasbro will price a transformer at 80 plus dollars nowadays...

I could have sworn that an official price was posted from botcon or elsewhere where it was around 80.

they know the fans will pay it, cuz its 40 bucks cheaper then getting it from Japan

Im sure they could sell it for $30 and still make a profit, but that just wouldn't be smart in a business sense

they know the fans will pay it, cuz its 40 bucks cheaper then getting it from Japan

Im sure they could sell it for $30 and still make a profit, but that just wouldn't be smart in a business sense

I like that idea... ^_^ ... at least they can guarantee it not being a shelf warmer like MP Optimus was... his priced dropped down to that range on clearance anyways...

I could have sworn that an official price was posted from botcon or elsewhere where it was around 80.

I don't thinkl Hasbro would be that foolish. If they were both at the same pricepoint, I would say 9 out of 10 collectors would just default to the Takara version and they know it. Now, knock off 20 bucks and I can go right to the store and pick it up? Now they have my attention....

It's not really battle damage - just weathering effects. Personally, I prefer the 20th Anniversary Prime - the weathering tends to "bring out" the figure more. I don't mind what I'm seeing on Starscream, and it'll probably look even better in person.

That being said, I wouldn't like my 20th Prime as much if I hadn't put on the custom stacks from Agesthreeandup.com. That sort of thing is much more important to me, and if it turns out that Starscream's missiles are altered in any way it'll make the decision quite easy for me.

I don't suppose we've got side-by-side pics of these versions, do we?

I'm just talking about the Hasbro and Takara "US Edition" ones, not the original Takara. I'd like to see which I like better, and I know it's not the first version...