Animated series trailer

Wheeljack35

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you dogging on someone because they collect robot heroes?

Wow dude, you win the internet. No contest, everyone else should just pack it up and go home.

*Sigh* It'd help if you... y'know... read the posts. I'm not going to explain it again when it's all right in front of you.

Sorry bud, FAB line is not meant for toddlers. It's meant for little kids, not adults.

The animated figs however compare more to the Go-Bots line. Big difference.

But hey, we're all a bunch of big kids with toys anyway. This just happens to be where I draw my line. I can only regress so far! :P

Ok then, the robot heroes. Those even LOOK like toddlers. I'm sure you have them all.

Nope, never touched them. I think they're pretty goofy looking to. Then again, I only collect the figures that transform. I'm not into any kind of statues, busts, the 3" titaniums none of that.

Are you dogging on someone because they collect robot heroes?

Wow dude, you win the internet. No contest, everyone else should just pack it up and go home.

*Sigh* It'd help if you... y'know... read the posts. I'm not going to explain it again when it's all right in front of you.

Don't think nothing of it I know him in real life he is pulling your leg

Sorry bud, FAB line is not meant for toddlers. It's meant for little kids, not adults.

The animated figs however compare more to the Go-Bots line. Big difference.

But hey, we're all a bunch of big kids with toys anyway. This just happens to be where I draw my line. I can only regress so far! :P

Ok then, the robot heroes. Those even LOOK like toddlers. I'm sure you have them all.

Nope, never touched them. I think they're pretty goofy looking to. Then again, I only collect the figures that transform. I'm not into any kind of statues, busts, the 3" titaniums none of that.

I apologize then I misjudged you. You have every right to rip on the animated series now ;)

Oh i loved TT series I could get use to this ... I just ... can't stand half the voices! + theres going to be lil girls flying around in jetpacks?... WTF?.. lame lame and lame! I am starting to miss those damn kids from galaxy force already :D hell give me that s***hole kicker over that! :P I wana see stuff like that & I'll watch power puff whtever

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=8206

clip from the actual show on the front page.

I rest my case, hyjinks, stupid slapstick and campiness abound. We even have the disrespect of Prime by having "prowl" or whoever that is supposed to be knocking on his speech. At this point if you like it, then that is the type of show you enjoy. So enjoy it, however...to me...it's CRAP

Enjoy the show!!!

First of all, I'll say I liked Teen Titans.

Secondly, your forgetting a fundamental factor. The show is geared towards KIDS. As is the toyline. If adults can be entertained by it as well, so much the better. You also have to consider the "competition" for a kid's attention.

Guest DavAnthony

I rest my case, hyjinks, stupid slapstick and campiness abound. We even have the disrespect of Prime by having "prowl" or whoever that is supposed to be knocking on his speech. At this point if you like it, then that is the type of show you enjoy. So enjoy it, however...to me...it's CRAP

Enjoy the show!!!

Secondly, your forgetting a fundamental factor. The show is geared towards KIDS. As is the toyline. If adults can be entertained by it as well, so much the better. You also have to consider the "competition" for a kid's attention.

That's fair, however the original was geared towards kids, as was Beast Wars and Beast Machines and a person didn't loose any brain cells while the watched them. So the arguement that networks like Cartoon Network or animation companies use stating it's "geared towards kids" is just a cop out to me that they are lazy and don't want to put in any serious effort to make quality work.

Ah beastwars! I remember a thing on the news saying how great it was that kids liked Tfs again & adults could sit back and enjoy the humor of it all :)

@soap@

Ok I'm not posting any of my opinions to flame. Let me get that out in the open first for those who think I am. It's the hazard of online communication where you can type the words, but can't really communicate the context very well, so that which may be said in jest comes off looking like I'm being kind of a jerk about it. Trust me, I'm not.

I'm not a crying fanboy for the good 'ol days or anything like that.

It's just, Hasbro HAS in the past created cartoons that were very appealing to both kids and adults. This new animated series seems to be getting about a 40/60 reaction from what I can tell, maybe even 50/50 (pos to neg) which is probably more than a lot of the more recent past shows got.

To me, at this point the stories content is irrelevant. It could be mindblowing stuff, but I just CAN'T get past the look. I've checked out all the shrunken and stylized superhero shows done in similar ways and I couldn't get into it for more than 5 minutes. I didn't even realize a story was going on cuz the overall look of the shows just gave me a very sudden and extreme case of ADD.

I'm not gonna waste time and energy bashing Hasbro. It's CN who wanted a show done in this way. It's a formula that seems to be working well with them and they never liked the TF shows done in the recent past. Somehow I'm thinking that's more or less the reason it got exiled to early morning limbo and not so much due to the ratings as it was assumed. It just seems that CN set out to make those shows fail by always giving them HORRIBLE time slots.

I just think it would be a good thing for Hasbro to find a way to do more to keep everyone interested. Strike while the iron is hot so to speak. Like I said before, 3 years is a long time to wait for another movie and if I'm at Hasbro, I'm not wanting to risk losing too much momentum.

In the long run I believe that a good series or animated DVD movies could be a big boost for them until the sequel is ready. I'm sure the new animated series will do that well enough, but there's also a big missed opportunity with others.

I would probably suggest a straight to DVD animated movie series based on the Classics/Universe line. Start it off with the original Classics figs as characters and build it to eventually include the new figs that will be coming out in 2008. I would do a mixture of new story ideas with taking bits straight from the g1 series in an up-to-date way.

That would help on many levels and not the least of which would be to diffuse the backlash of the new animated show.

Now it may never happen, but who knows. Throw the idea around enough and it just may reach the right people.

Animated Series = Teen/Adult

vs.

Cartoon = Kiddie

This new Transformers series is a "CARTOON"!

Which would you rather have; an animated series, or a cartoon? Why can't they make both? A cartoon shown during the day for the kiddies, and an animated series for the teens/adults shown later in the evening.

I'm tired of this Japanese Anime meets Western Toony-Cartoon style of animation.

The Batman

The Spectacular Spider-Man

Jackie Chan Adventures was the only show I liked in this style, but, of course, they had great stories and plots. Unfortunately, because of its popularity all the cartoons started going with that style. I'm okay with Teen Titans, because the stories made up for the subpar animation. However, I still wish it had more realistic animation.

I seem to be one of the few who love 3D CGI. The more realistic an animated feature looks, the better, for me. 2D cell cartoons still have their place; Maya & Miguel, Dora the Explorer, Go, Diego, Go, etc. However, superheroic, action-packed stories need more realistic animation.

Heck, though made to look cartoony, Disney channels "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "My Friends Tigger & Pooh" is done in 3D CGI, and I prefer that style of animation over the stylized animation that's being used for the new Transformers cartoon. I wish those two Disney shows had better stories, though. I understand, however, that their meant as an educational tool for children, but I hate how they're wasting that technology on a kids show. They can use that tech to make more realistic looking animated series.

Look at "Beowulf". That's all 3D CGI, baby! YEAH !!!

I'll admit it, though. I'm biased towards 3D CGI. I'm an artist. I was in the Livingston County Art Guild during my 4 yrs. of high school, and I was a member of the National Art Honors Society for my last 3 yrs. of high school. Plus, I went to college for AutoCADD. As an artist, I'm a perfectionist, and I want my art to be photo-realistic. I can do that better with CGI than I can with any other medium out there.

Of the teens/adults, who would want a collectors item that looks like a toony-cartoon?

This is just my opinion, so, you can take it with a grain of salt, if you wish. However, my opinion is just as valuable as someone who likes or dislikes this style of animation.

Enjoy the show!!!

That's fair, however the original was geared towards kids, as was Beast Wars and Beast Machines and a person didn't loose any brain cells while the watched them. So the arguement that networks like Cartoon Network or animation companies use stating it's "geared towards kids" is just a cop out to me that they are lazy and don't want to put in any serious effort to make quality work.

I agree, though Beast Wars wasn't really meant for kids I don't think. That was a pretty expensive show to make. Take a look at a lot of the better shows that were on. Justice League, for example. Cartoon Network set that to FUBAR with crappy time slots, among other things. Look at the shows that are on now.

Cartoon makers seem to think kids are overly stupid. Combine that with the "need" for cheap animation and you get the cartoons we see now. Too some extent that is right. But it's more the fact that cartoons have other competition so the idea of spending more money to make a show "better" is seen as a waste.

I agree with Sci-Fi's assement that animated series = teen/adult and cartoon = kiddie.

aren't ALL cartoons meant for kids? :P

All "cartoons" are meant for kids, but not all "animated series" are intended for kids.

the little toungue smiley face means I was joking ;)

im a grown adult, and I watch cartoons :D like.. real cartoons meant for kids lol

WHO doesn't like cartoons!!? Some people say they don't, but they still watch Family Guy or the Simpsons!! Those are cartoons, even if they ARE meant for adults! :D

I just won't get it if this ends up being a lot more well liked than any of the Armadaverse shows.

All 3 of those shows had one fatal flaw, they had way too much fluff.

If they had simply cut the flashy transformations scenes out and instead made them to fit in more with the flow of the action along with just getting more to the point with the stories then they all could have been good shows.

I don't hate the idea of the epic story arc, but I just think it needs to be brought along in a gradual way among the more episodic format. Little hints here and there of a bigger story to come. The Armadaverses arc was way too drawn out and too many people lost interest before they started getting good, which in most cases wasn't until the middle to end of the series run.

Now we all know this show is meant for kids first. If anything it will appeal more to smaller children. I've gotten opinions from more than a few kids (nephews and their friends) ages 10-17 who all LOVE Transformers and they ALL hated this preview.

They couldn't even watch it all...they begged me to make it stop.

My nephews are Bumblebee freaks. They said, "what the hell did they do to Bumblebee?!?! #WTF# "

It may be that CN just sees no point in trying, but that doesn't mean Hasbro shouldn't be trying to still reach that crowd. The idea of straight to DVD animated movies seems to be the most logical way to go.

With roughly 3 years to wait for a movie sequel it would be nice to see them crank out a 3 movie animated series to keep us busy and help maintain interest among all ages and interests.

And I said before, they could use the original Classics to start and as it goes on incorporate the new Classics/Universe line as that comes out, so there's something that actually supports the line.

That could be a win for everyone!

Man...I should work for Hasbro! :P

too much fluff is RIGHT!!! @hmmm@