Animated series trailer

Wheeljack35

So what I get from your "reply" is that just because kids are used to eating junk food you should never try to turn them on to a sirloin steak. Um...okay..yeah your right.

At one point kids were used to decently animated shows with quality voice acting, storytelling and musical scores. Then came Pokemon and the various forms of copied garbage that has come out of that. So obviously simply keeping something the status quo because it's "what the kids are used to" didn't prevent a de-evolution in animation. So why can't the flip side happen, where a company grows a set and tries to put some effort into design and non-stylized trash?

okay I've finished my "wanning"

Be my guest and risk several hundred thousand dollars of production on higher quality and original artwork with deeper storylines, then see how well that fares when 1) the kids don't pick up on it or 2) their over-protective parents disallow them from watching it, opting for a friendlier cartoon.

New MOTU? Easily one of the best cartoons to have relaunched from 80's nostalgia. Also the biggest commercial failure. Too much money thrown into production, not enough interest from the demographic that a cartoon series needs to survive. Piss and moan about "stylized crap animation" all you want, refuse to support the new series, doesn't really matter. When it comes down to it, the fans of the 80's series isn't even going to come close to making or breaking the new effort.

I don't have anything against criticizing a show that's proven to suffer from poor production, writing, and execution. You saw a three minute clip thrown together to draw attention to the screen, and began another rant about "stylized crap." What do you suggest? Single frame animation with recycled scenes, like the old He-Man? Or to be the first cartoon series to use groundbreaking artwork that'll cost more to animate and risk flopping midway through the first season, so network execs can chalk it up to "lack of interest for the product?"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DavAnthony
So what I get from your "reply" is that just because kids are used to eating junk food you should never try to turn them on to a sirloin steak. Um...okay..yeah your right.

At one point kids were used to decently animated shows with quality voice acting, storytelling and musical scores. Then came Pokemon and the various forms of copied garbage that has come out of that. So obviously simply keeping something the status quo because it's "what the kids are used to" didn't prevent a de-evolution in animation. So why can't the flip side happen, where a company grows a set and tries to put some effort into design and non-stylized trash?

okay I've finished my "wanning"

Be my guest and risk several hundred thousand dollars of production on higher quality and original artwork with deeper storylines, then see how well that fares when 1) the kids don't pick up on it or 2) their over-protective parents disallow them from watching it, opting for a friendlier cartoon.

New MOTU? Easily one of the best cartoons to have relaunched from 80's nostalgia. Also the biggest commercial failure. Too much money thrown into production, not enough interest from the demographic that a cartoon series needs to survive. Piss and moan about "stylized crap animation" all you want, refuse to support the new series, doesn't really matter. When it comes down to it, the fans of the 80's series isn't even going to come close to making or breaking the new effort.

I don't have anything against criticizing a show that's proven to suffer from poor production, writing, and execution. You saw a three minute clip thrown together to draw attention to the screen, and began another rant about "stylized crap." What do you suggest? Single frame animation with recycled scenes, like the old He-Man? Or to be the first cartoon series to use groundbreaking artwork that'll cost more to animate and risk flopping midway through the first season, so network execs can chalk it up to "lack of interest for the product?"

You seem to defend this crap so enjoy it. I don't you do. Difference of opinion. Most people seem to be settling for half-assed design,voice acting and storytelling. So be happy we are in an age where there is a lack of quality in just about everything so Obvioulsy your tastes and outlook seem to be winning in the market nowadays.

The He-man cartoon failed for two reasons

1-Cartoon Network-lack of promotion, abrupt schedule changes. Do I need to say anymore..I think just saying "Cartoon Network" should sum it up.

2-Mattel screwed the pooch with the toy line and kids that were into the cartoon soon lost interest because they couldn't find the toys. The ratings were high in the beginning as time went on they dropped due to lack of tie-in.

Half assed voice acting? A lot of these guys are from G1, and the voice director is Susan Blu who did arcee, and has directed voices in many cartoons including the original ninja turtles cartoon (which imo had some amazing voice talent from james avery, uncle phil on fresh prince, to the guy who did that really impossibly hard to do krang voice).

I mean I can understand you don't like the animation. I'm not a fan of it either. But how can you rip on storytelling when you haven't seen an episode? And how can you rip on voice acting when it's some of the top in the business and some of the actors are from g1/beast wars?

You're prejudging based on the look alone. When the show comes out just watch the first episode. If you still hate it you can #$#@# about storytelling and voice acting all you want. But until then keep it quiet on things you don't know about. On the flip side you're not going to see me or anyone else interested in the show ranting and raving about how good the storytelling is when we haven't seen an episode.

You're entitled to your opinion as long as it's an informed one.

Hey, why are we complaining so much? We have a new cartoon, it's GOTTA be better than Armada, and maybe even Energon!

Give it a chance first! Remember me saying that all the time w/ the movie? Well, it just so happened that [mostly] everyone that gave the movie a chance, LOVED it. So chill, again, please. :D

Hear hear :)

The He-man cartoon failed for two reasons

1-Cartoon Network-lack of promotion, abrupt schedule changes. Do I need to say anymore..I think just saying "Cartoon Network" should sum it up.

Whereas Family Guy was a huge success after its cancellation due to Cartoon Network and Adult Swim.

Your argument reeks of personal bias and a general "la la la not listening" mentality, bye bye credibility.

You don't like how it looks, that's fine. You wont be the first or last to beat that point to a bloody and drawn out death. But like its been mentioned a couple times now, you've already passed judgment on the series as a whole without any solid basis. Crappy voice acting? Think you were already served foot on that one, some of the best in the industry are on board with this. Story? Unless you have some inside source, then please, do share some of the script!

But hey, its all good natured debate right? At least you can enjoy the new Spectacular Spider-Man...

unless of course you think it looks like crap, too :D

Not too fond of the look, but I don't hate it with a passion either so I'll give it a chance. They'll get major points from me if they bring back all the dinobots (in cartoon and figure form). Besides, if it does turn out to be crappy each TF series runs for only about a year anyway before they revamp it again so no big deal.

Oh, and when did Odin give Prime Mjolnir? :P

How come Arcee and the Dinobots look G1 and none of the "main characters" do?

The g1 Theme is inappropriate. From what we know, the Decepticons are not the only (and I'm thinking, the main) antagonist of this series.

It will be interesting to see how the little girl fits in. With G1 I liked the fact that Spike was older. But then the "human characters" had to get younger with each incarnation of Transformers. I mean how old is this kid if she's riding a tricycle or "Big Wheel"?

Yeah, you know what, you're right...

The producers obviously care more about catering to the tastes of a small percentage of wanning 20-30 something year old fans who continually find reasons to not like any new effort because it isn't what they grew up with. They certainly aren't targeting a younger generation, especially with a children's cartoon. That would just be ridiculous. Why stop there? Do away with any form of recognizable artwork to alienate viewers who've become accustomed to a certain style in their Cartoon Network and 4Kids TV lineup. Why focus on a growing demographic of easy to please kids when there's hundreds, possibly even a thousand "original" fans that still have time to watch early morning cartoons.

That's where the ratings are, the unemployed fanbase of the 80's! Its sure to keep their product rolling.

Hey now careful! I'm a fan of the 80's and sorry to disappoint but contrary to your belief I'm not unemployed and I don't whine for a return to g1.

I've actually enjoyed EVERY cartoon series to varying degrees up to this point and as anyone around here can tell you I defended the movie 100% from day 1.

One of the greatest things about Transformers is that they've never been afraid to break new ground. But THIS....this is conformity and THAT'S what I can't stand about it.

Cartoon Network basically told Hasbro that this was what THEY wanted. Who knows what direction this might have taken if Hasbro just played it their own way.

Hasbro's greatest successes came when they did something totally new. Nothing about this style of animation or plot seems original at all. The only thing original is the fact that the characters are transforming robots and not Teen Titans. It pretty much ends there.

I do believe that at least part of Hasbro would like to find a way to aim for a broader appeal, I just don't think they really know how. It was easy in the old days, cuz toons were on network tv, but now it's all cable and not every kid had access to it. So the shows that do come out seem to have to be able to meet certain standards. TF's haven't been doing that.

Let the kiddies love it, that's fine. I don't quite get collectors getting into what's basically a playskool type style and toyline, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Let the kiddies love it, that's fine. I don't quite get collectors getting into what's basically a playskool type style and toyline, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

This coming from someone who I'm sure owns the movie's fast action battlers (y'know the figures meant for toddlers).

Besides, if it does turn out to be crappy each TF series runs for only about a year anyway before they revamp it again so no big deal.

So true. That almost kind of takes away the excitement, way to go! ;) This isn't the series I would want to run longer than a year, but in the future I'd like a show that just continues until it loses steam rather than automatically reinventing transformers every year.

This coming from someone who I'm sure owns the movie's fast action battlers (y'know the figures meant for toddlers).

Sorry bud, FAB line is not meant for toddlers. Good luck finding any that could even come close to figuring out how to transform Frenzy....hell find me one that even knows what he is in the first place.

FAB was meant for kids period who just wanted simpler transformations. Hasbro felt the deluxe and above lines were rather complex and more suited towards teenagers and adult collectors. Personally, I don't see much difference between FAB and a lot of the deluxe Armada figs (some FAB's are better) which a lot of people collected.

The animated figs however compare more to the Go-Bots line. Big difference.

But hey, we're all a bunch of big kids with toys anyway. This just happens to be where I draw my line. I can only regress so far! :P

Sorry bud, FAB line is not meant for toddlers. It's meant for little kids, not adults.

But hey, we're all a bunch of big kids with toys anyway. This just happens to be where I draw my line. I can only regress so far! :P

Ok then, the robot heroes. Those even LOOK like toddlers. I'm sure you have them all.

Hey, why are we complaining so much? We have a new cartoon, it's GOTTA be better than Armada, and maybe even Energon!

Give it a chance first! Remember me saying that all the time w/ the movie? Well, it just so happened that [mostly] everyone that gave the movie a chance, LOVED it. So chill, again, please. :D

Yeah this show doesn't look half bad and defiantly will have plenty of G1 nods. After suffering thru the Unicron trilogy I defiantly can't wait for something fresh and new. I prefer the old look to the stylized designs, but the main thing to me is the storyline and good character development and it seems that's two aspects the developers are focusing on a lot from the news bits.

It looks better than I thought it would. the animation is nothing like the original, but things change. Transformers is nearly 25 years old, and as the times change, so does the product. If it did not change with the times then it would have died off after G2. Remember how different Beast Wars was from G1?? New voices, new (Better) stories and it was done in CGI. I did not like Armada, Energon and Cybertron. But I gave all 3 of them a fair chance, and I will do the same with this one.

when does it air?

January

that gives me time to save up money for the toys :P which I guess will be out around november/december

Guest DavAnthony

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=8206

clip from the actual show on the front page.

I rest my case, hyjinks, stupid slapstick and campiness abound. We even have the disrespect of Prime by having "prowl" or whoever that is supposed to be knocking on his speech. At this point if you like it, then that is the type of show you enjoy. So enjoy it, however...to me...it's CRAP

Enjoy the show!!!

Sorry bud, FAB line is not meant for toddlers. It's meant for little kids, not adults.

Ok then, the robot heroes. Those even LOOK like toddlers. I'm sure you have them all.

all toys are for kids according to the company's so this argument is null and void! PS don't be going bashing on some robot heroes :P they rock! @firedevil@ @loll@

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=8206

clip from the actual show on the front page.

I rest my case, hyjinks, stupid slapstick and campiness abound. We even have the disrespect of Prime by having "prowl" or whoever that is supposed to be knocking on his speech. At this point if you like it, then that is the type of show you enjoy. So enjoy it, however...to me...it's CRAP

Enjoy the show!!!

Rattrap disrespected Primal in the first episodes of Beast Wars when he was an inexperienced leader, so it's not like animated is setting a precedent here.

Are you dogging on someone because they collect robot heroes?

Wow dude, you win the internet. No contest, everyone else should just pack it up and go home.