Animated series trailer

Wheeljack35

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoilers for those not having seen the link above:

The crowd really seemed to love seeing the Dinobots and Arcee, and hearing Starscream's voice. The toys definitely look like they fit the look and feel of the series, and I even like the girl's jetpack/bicycle...

Pretty interesting overall. Let's hope it doesn't suddenly start jumping all around Cartoon Network's schedule in mid-series, and ending up airing at 5 in the morning...

Guest DavAnthony

Looks like crap in my opinion. More stylized crud, annoying stylized kid, and that awful Japanese light effect every time someone moves quickly.

Just not my thing but for those of you who dig it, I hope you enjoy it.

I could love with the style ... However I hate BBs voice & I hate the way the humans are drawn... I don't think I'll like this new series...

I'll give it a chance, the stories will be the deciding factor for me. I too am sick to death of the "motion" backgrounds that everthing seems to use these days, hopefully they die out sooner rather than later.

I'll give it a chance, the stories will be the deciding factor for me. I too am sick to death of the "motion" backgrounds that everthing seems to use these days, hopefully they die out sooner rather than later.

I'll give it a chance also

When I first seen the trailer I dreaded that anime motion background

oh yeah, this was awesome :D I loved every bit of it!!!

Dinobots, yeah!!! 3 of them!!! Slag, Swoop, and Gimlock, that's awesome.

It's a damn good thing I start my new job next month :D

Well. I'll have to admit I'm intrigued now. When I saw the teaser pics earlier last month or so, I was dead-set against it. But now...I'm not so sure. I've always been open to animated takes on favorites (i.e. Sigma 6, Batman TAS, etc.), but it never occured to me to apply the animated style to Transformers. Yeah, I'm interested. And I noticed something carried over seemingly from the live-action film, the mouth/face-guard that can be retracted. I really like that concept. It's like you see them going into battle mode when they do that and they look much cooler, then later when they retract it they can emote alot better. Very interesting. I like how the fans in the video clip there would cheer and clap for the Dinobots, and it was kinda bittersweet when the cheered for Starscream, as if to say, "Yeah, Chris Latta (sp?) may be gone, but we're paying tribute to him by emulating him for a new era." It was a nice nod that wasn't lost on me. And...is that army truck supposed to be Hound or Ironhide? And was he inspired by Ben Grimm, a.k.a. The Thing from Fantastic Four? (lol) I really mean that in a nice way. I like the design...whoever he is. Pretty neat.

oh yeah, this was awesome :D I loved every bit of it!!!

Dinobots, yeah!!! 3 of them!!! Slag, Swoop, and Gimlock, that's awesome.

It's a damn good thing I start my new job next month :D

Yeah but they're the dumbest looking Dinobots I've ever seen!!! I'd take Energon Grimlock in a heartbeat over those abominations.

I watched the trailer and still can't help but think it MAY be enjoyable if I drop a couple of hits of acid before watching each episode. Otherwise it's way, way, WAYYYY to kiddie. Even if the subject matter isn't so much, the look is, and that's enough.

All I know is, if this takes off....then I weep for the future of TF's. I really do!

People need to quit whining about the stylized animation, its going to be a mainstay for quite some time. It looks fine, it fits for a kid's cartoon, its proven itself already with other popular kid's shows, and it should be kept in mind that these aren't exactly made for the 20-30 year old crowd that seems to constantly demand a return to the "old style."

The trailer looks alright, I'll be giving the show a shot. It was nice to see characters like Grimlock and Arcee included, which should go to show that the producers are actually trying to please the oh-so-finikcy old school fan base while maintaining a look that'll attract younger viewers. Only complaint I have are the face deigns for Bumblebee and Optimus, looks way too plane. While I'm not fond of the little girl, I can tolerate it as long as she isn't some annoying Powerpuff Girl knock off. Admittedly, I wasn't a fan of Spike either *gasp* so the inclusion of kids in TF and G.I. Joe never did anything for me.

Guest DavAnthony
People need to quit whining about the stylized animation, its going to be a mainstay for quite some time. It looks fine, it fits for a kid's cartoon, its proven itself already with other popular kid's shows, and it should be kept in mind that these aren't exactly made for the 20-30 year old crowd that seems to constantly demand a return to the "old style."

The trailer looks alright, I'll be giving the show a shot. It was nice to see characters like Grimlock and Arcee included, which should go to show that the producers are actually trying to please the oh-so-finikcy old school fan base while maintaining a look that'll attract younger viewers. Only complaint I have are the face deigns for Bumblebee and Optimus, looks way too plane. While I'm not fond of the little girl, I can tolerate it as long as she isn't some annoying Powerpuff Girl knock off. Admittedly, I wasn't a fan of Spike either *gasp* so the inclusion of kids in TF and G.I. Joe never did anything for me.

yeah...okay, thanks for the advice I think I'll keep "whining" about a style that I think is sub-par in the hopes that someday we can get actual effort in animation. Okay done "whining" now, until I get another urge to comment on this stylized crap.

During that annoying anime intro where the background is moving about a thousand miles per hour and the characters are all flying to the camera and back I kept waiting for one of the autobots to yell

"PICKACHU I CHOOSE>>>>YOU!!!!" Then we got a shot of the little mutated-looking girl and that made up for it.

Lets face it, this series has the best potential since G1. That's pretty damn good if you ask me! I'm not a huge fan of the light motion anime effects when they move. I wanted it as far away from true anime as possible. But still, i'm interested in the show. I haven't watch any of the other shows because they sucked! I'm watching this one!

This is freakin' sweet!

I loved every bit of it, no matter what some of you say :P

I especially like the Dinobots and Starscream's voice! "Brilliant strategy, mighty Megatron!"

As for the complaints about the animation style: remember that Sunbow's version is also heavily stylized. the difference is that you're already used to their style.

Oh, and I dig the tune! Please keep that as the theme, CN! Pretty please? :D

yeah...okay, thanks for the advice I think I'll keep "whining" about a style that I think is sub-par in the hopes that someday we can get actual effort in animation. Okay done "whining" now, until I get another urge to comment on this stylized crap.

During that annoying anime intro where the background is moving about a thousand miles per hour and the characters are all flying to the camera and back I kept waiting for one of the autobots to yell

"PICKACHU I CHOOSE>>>>YOU!!!!" Then we got a shot of the little mutated-looking girl and that made up for it.

Yeah, you know what, you're right...

The producers obviously care more about catering to the tastes of a small percentage of wanning 20-30 something year old fans who continually find reasons to not like any new effort because it isn't what they grew up with. They certainly aren't targeting a younger generation, especially with a children's cartoon. That would just be ridiculous. Why stop there? Do away with any form of recognizable artwork to alienate viewers who've become accustomed to a certain style in their Cartoon Network and 4Kids TV lineup. Why focus on a growing demographic of easy to please kids when there's hundreds, possibly even a thousand "original" fans that still have time to watch early morning cartoons.

That's where the ratings are, the unemployed fanbase of the 80's! Its sure to keep their product rolling.

Yay, Arcee and some Dinobots! ^_^ The anime stylings are alright... yea, a bit annoying, but they're not going to go anywhere soon. FOr some reason the sound on my computer isn't working, so I didn't get to HEAR what was going on, but everything still looked a little weird to me. I guess I could adjust to it, though.

Guest DavAnthony

Yeah, you know what, you're right...

The producers obviously care more about catering to the tastes of a small percentage of wanning 20-30 something year old fans who continually find reasons to not like any new effort because it isn't what they grew up with. They certainly aren't targeting a younger generation, especially with a children's cartoon. That would just be ridiculous. Why stop there? Do away with any form of recognizable artwork to alienate viewers who've become accustomed to a certain style in their Cartoon Network and 4Kids TV lineup. Why focus on a growing demographic of easy to please kids when there's hundreds, possibly even a thousand "original" fans that still have time to watch early morning cartoons.

That's where the ratings are, the unemployed fanbase of the 80's! Its sure to keep their product rolling.

So what I get from your "reply" is that just because kids are used to eating junk food you should never try to turn them on to a sirloin steak. Um...okay..yeah your right.

At one point kids were used to decently animated shows with quality voice acting, storytelling and musical scores. Then came Pokemon and the various forms of copied garbage that has come out of that. So obviously simply keeping something the status quo because it's "what the kids are used to" didn't prevent a de-evolution in animation. So why can't the flip side happen, where a company grows a set and tries to put some effort into design and non-stylized trash?

okay I've finished my "wanning"

The way I look at it is Hasbro wants the children of the newer generation to have there own G1..be it in a sesame street style of Transformer but they are bringing back the classics line for the collectors

Hey, why are we complaining so much? We have a new cartoon, it's GOTTA be better than Armada, and maybe even Energon!

Give it a chance first! Remember me saying that all the time w/ the movie? Well, it just so happened that [mostly] everyone that gave the movie a chance, LOVED it. So chill, again, please. :D