Animated Toy pictures

Mike

Before, I was looking forward to the toys, but the series... not so much.

After viewing the clip and seeing the toys....I'm feeling better about the series. The toys.... good god, I hate that style in toy form. I can't stand the alt modes.

The new classics can't come out soon enough. :(

(which, frankly, with what we've seen so far, I don't know how it can't),

Yeah because, y'know, like how they changed all the robots for that feature film, and since so many thought they sucked, they don't know HOW it could be any good @rolleye@

I recall that same kind of rhetoric posted through the past TWO YEARS in regards to the TF movie. How, because they strayed "so far" from what made TF, TF, that the movie would utterly suck and be a flop.

I can understand dislike of the aesthetic style and how its reflected in the toys, but honestly, it is FAR to early to say "it will suck" since people have said the same thing about every major change in TF in the last DECADE.

Yeah because, y'know, like how they changed all the robots for that feature film, and since so many thought they sucked, they don't know HOW it could be any good @rolleye@

I recall that same kind of rhetoric posted through the past TWO YEARS in regards to the TF movie. How, because they strayed "so far" from what made TF, TF, that the movie would utterly suck and be a flop.

I can understand dislike of the aesthetic style and how its reflected in the toys, but honestly, it is FAR to early to say "it will suck" since people have said the same thing about every major change in TF in the last DECADE.

I still stand by my opinion that the movie sucked. Whether or not it was a huge success isn't the point. I was one of the guys who went from hating the new designs to liking them and I still do. It wasn't the TF designs that I disliked about the movie, it was most everything else. I own a lot of movie toys because they appeal to me for the same reason a lot of TFs and toys in general do; I like the aesthetic design and I like to fiddle with things (also I'm an artist with a penchant for sculpting, so I appreciate them on that level too.)

You can feel however you want about the new show, but from everything we've seen and heard I have decided that I don't like it. I hated Teen Titans, I don't like the super powered angle (and G1 abilities were abilities described in pseudo-science, not actually super powers like Superman), I don't like the human super villain angle (and before you bring that argument up, The Mechanic or whatever his name was in the Marvel comics was an incredibly lame character) and I don't like the Decepticons being more in the background. Furthermore, I haven't been shouting "It will suck!" about every new direction they have taken in the past. I liked both the show and toys from BM, which most people hate. I liked the gimmicks like Minicons and Cyber Keys, which a lot of people hate. I even liked the look of the TFs in animation in Armada, Energon and Cybertron, it was just the rest of the aspects of the shows that were childish and stupid. So I'm not somebody who pisses and moans every time something gets changed, I just don't think this will be a good show. Am I biased by my personal opinion? Sure I am, but don't lump me in with the type of fans who are presently crying over the fact that that supposed upcoming Ironhide repaint isn't red just because I think a highly stylized, overly kiddified, dumbed down cartoon in that horrible American-show-trying-to-look-like-Anime style isn't the best idea for the franchise.

And really, why do you think it's going to be so awesome then if it obviously doesn't suck?

Big, BIG difference with the new cartoon compared to the movie. With the movie there was always a bit of mystery with it and people just didn't really know if would really work. With this, we've seen this animation style before and anyone who has ever seen a Teen Titans episode should have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

I've never hated anything for being new and different, hell, I welcome it! This may different for TF's, but it's nothing new.

I'm actually a bit grateful that I won't have to worry about searching for anything for the first few months of next year....you're all welcome to them. Enjoy!

Cliffjumper doesn't look too bad. The Blackout repint looks like crap though. They could have done a better job with the coast guard colors. A Lamborghini Sunstreaker kicks all sorts of ass, and I really hope they make it. The new series is stupid. Once again Hasbro wipes it's ass with the fans to produce junk that they think will sell to kids but probably won't. The Soundwave with guitar is easily the worst idea.

Cliffjumper doesn't look too bad. The Blackout repint looks like crap though. They could have done a better job with the coast guard colors. A Lamborghini Sunstreaker kicks all sorts of ass, and I really hope they make it. The new series is stupid. Once again Hasbro wipes it's ass with the fans to produce junk that they think will sell to kids but probably won't. The Soundwave with guitar is easily the worst idea.

Yeah... cuz bringing classics back is totally wiping their ass with the fans, riiiiight. @rolleye@

Well looks like I'll be focusing on Classics and beefing up my G1 collection next year anyways. Those toys are ok, but not really my thing. Good for the kids though, simpler designs and TFs for the younger fans.

I think Hasbro is trying to split the lines up some by interest to give everyone something they like. TF Animated and smaller movie toys like FAB = for kids, while Universe/Classics and larger movie toys are more retro/collector products.

Maybe Hasbro doesn't really get how much we'd all really LOVE a good tv show.

Perhaps one day they'll consider the idea of making an "adult swim" type of show. Maybe even some straight to DVD animated movies that were a bit more edgy and "realistic" (and I use that word loosely) for the teen and up crowd.

I don't mean to ever come off as someone not grateful over the movie and all that we've gotten. But the problems with that are that first, it's gonna be insanely profitable. For a movie not aimed for the kiddies it sure did pretty well. So why not follow up with something more on key with what the movie did?

Imagine how well a cartoon series that takes more after the movie could do. Or like I said, straight to DVD animated movies. Roll with the momentum!

Ok, the kiddie show is fine. I have no problems with it. I understand all the hows and whys for the reasons CN wanted the show done in this fashion. But we're in all likelyhood looking at 2 1/2 to 3 years before we see a movie sequel and that's a pretty long time to wait with nothing but teaser lines to look forward to.

On the other hand, they created a lot of new interest with the movie. Think about all the people who might wanna check out the next cartoon series when they see it coming and imagine the shock at what they'll see... #WTF#

what model car is sunstreaker, looks like the front end of a Gallardo, and the back end of a Mclaren F1

Gallardo. Over the past few years, Hasbro has made cars look similar to real cars, but different enough as to not get sued for making car likenesses without permission.

On the other hand, they created a lot of new interest with the movie. Think about all the people who might wanna check out the next cartoon series when they see it coming and imagine the shock at what they'll see... #WTF#

Or maybe they'll think it's cool, what about that? ;)

Maybe there would be more interest in the toon if it was like the movie, maybe not..bottom line imo is, how many of those people would shell out cash for the toys? Not too many, me thinks; it's best to use the movie as a springboard for a new generation of tf fans, not as a 20-something fan's ideal toon.