Animated Toy pictures

Mike

They shall sell well with kids! I'm kind of impressed with the dinobots though I was originally very pisssed off when I saw they were going to be in the toon because that = no more dinibots in the classics line but they are not as bad looking as I thought they would be!

I like the G1 look of "First Strike" Voyager Prime... hopefully I'll see the regular version soon. That, 08 Bumblebee, Arcee, Dropkick, and Towline WERE going to be all I wanted out of the line (not counting the new molds in the Real Gear Robots), but some of the new figures look pretty darn good. (I do have to wonder about Evac - will his mini-Scorponok be repainted as Pincer?)

And yes, once you get past the chunkiness of the vehicle modes, the animated series stuff looks awesome... very on-model, very full of personality. Bumblebee I really like... The Voyager Prime looks much better than the Deluxe figure... I wonder what's with Bulkhead's spring weapon thing.

Hmmm......The animated figures.....hmmmm.

I'm usually VERY open minded about the new lines. However, I think these are just going to be too kiddy for me. I hope this is just another attempt (like the Tonka and Gobot Transformers a few years back) to bring in younger kids into the world of Transformers. If this is the general direction of the entire line....I'll REALLY be looking forward to more GIJOE!

Classic line and the movie repaints are probably going to be more for the adult kids ;)

Lord Vokk

I'm loving all the new figures, Classics/New movie molds/Animated.

I especially like that fat plane with the Cyclopean eye from the Animated line.

The Decepticons are pretty cool looking, in a kind of almost urban vinyl sense. I'm not really fond of Soundwave being a box on wheels and having a giant guitar, but Blitzwing, Starscream and Lugnut are cool looking. I still won't watch the show, but that has never stopped me from getting the toys before.

Y'know, not bad. Not bad at all. So far my only reaction to the new animated series was really a reaction to the fans...reaction.

Let me explain, everyone that saw that image of animated prime was screaming bloody murder. All I could think was "been there, done that". The same people that hated all the movie designs and ended up liking them just as the movie came out are the same ones who are bashing the animated designs now. Just wait until the show and toys are out and *most* of them will fall in love with it.

Anyway, I'm not actually a fan of the toys from what I can see. I like the alt modes being very animated, but the bot modes are just a little too strange for me. I'll decide when I see them in stores, but from the looks of it I'll probably be too preoccupied with movie toys and classics.

The show looks ok, we'll see. I didn't really watch rid, armada, energon, or cybertron (or any of the anime g1 spin offs). The only shows I could stomach were the first 2 seasons of g1 and Beast Wars. Going back season 3 isn't bad it's just sort of boring. Haven't seen beast machines in so long, but I'm sure it's pretty good too.

Not really interested, too stylized and Playschool-ish for my tastes, but I don't DISLIKE them, per se. I do like the character the faces have, and the so-called "clunkiness" G1 style, especially in this age of Michael Bay's Johnny 5 on steroids look.

I'm interested in seeing how the series turns out, considering it'll at least be a departure from the anime crap we've been getting since Beast Wars ended.

Okay. I'm sold. I really like these, but I don't know that I'd collect 'em. I really like Starscream's design. And it just occured to me that Optimus Prime, a firetruck, has an axe...like a firefighter would have. (lol) *duh* That's a pretty-cool little touch there. Again I don't know if I'll actually buy any of these, but I like the concept. Definitely kid-friendly.

I'm more excited about the Classics Sunstreaker. Somehow I missed Sideswipe though...

Y'know, not bad. Not bad at all. So far my only reaction to the new animated series was really a reaction to the fans...reaction.

Let me explain, everyone that saw that image of animated prime was screaming bloody murder. All I could think was "been there, done that". The same people that hated all the movie designs and ended up liking them just as the movie came out are the same ones who are bashing the animated designs now. Just wait until the show and toys are out and *most* of them will fall in love with it.

Anyway, I'm not actually a fan of the toys from what I can see. I like the alt modes being very animated, but the bot modes are just a little too strange for me. I'll decide when I see them in stores, but from the looks of it I'll probably be too preoccupied with movie toys and classics.

The show looks ok, we'll see. I didn't really watch rid, armada, energon, or cybertron (or any of the anime g1 spin offs). The only shows I could stomach were the first 2 seasons of g1 and Beast Wars. Going back season 3 isn't bad it's just sort of boring. Haven't seen beast machines in so long, but I'm sure it's pretty good too.

Well I was on board with what they were doing with the movie from day 1. I even threw a lot of support behind Energon and Armada. But this.....THIS is just plain goofy. And by that I mean ##$%$#ed.

I guess if you liked the Go-Bots line that was out for preschool kids then you should like these but I think it looks like something puked out from the playskool side of Hasbro.

Now the other stuff they showed looks awesome, I can't wait for that! I think I nearly had an accident in my pants when I saw Sunstreaker and Sideswipe! Also, the new movie line figs look great as well.

Looking at the bright side, my wallet shall enjoy the prolonged recovery time to start the 2008 year.

Well you can't be mad about the stylization of the toys. They are suppose to do that to reflect the cartoon. So if your mad at anything it should be about the stylization of the show, NOT THE TOYS. I think what they did with the toys is amazing, if your going to talk about toyz critique it like a piece of art. Say u didnt like this part, this joint etc. I think they did there job and did it well.

Is it me or do i see that this Prime goes through a transformation. Right now he's a young Prime, and latter i see him turning into that Optimus Prime by looking through those pix.

I bashed the show from day one and will continue to do so; even if the show doesn't suck (which, frankly, with what we've seen so far, I don't know how it can't), it's not appealing to me personally. But then I haven't enjoyed a TF show since BW, but I still bought the toys. I have no interest in the Autobots here, but like I said, I am digging the Decepticons. I like Blitzwing's chunky tank mode, hehehehe...