Elite Operations Playsets at Big Lots?

GIJoeKing65

This is cool news...I really want the HQ, bridge playset, and that patrol boat! I've been looking for that Patrol Boat forever!

I've been a huge fan of the World Peacekeepers/Power Team Elite vehicles and playsets. Best deal I ever found was at a local drugstore (Eckerd's) where they had a ton of PTE Humvees and trucks on sale for $3 each. I got about 10.

I went to TRU, my comic shop and Big Lots today.

They were setting up the Power Team Elite World Peacekeepers aisle based on a plan-o-gram with colored photos of the toys.

They had almost everything out bridge with a Jeep, a Watch Tower, 4 types of Humvees, the A-10, the dune buggy, and the figures. They didn't have the Howitzer, or the tank and those were on the plan-o-gram.

I loved the F-18s I got a few years ago from Sears. I want to A-10s but $30 each is a bit steep this month. I decided I would try out a Humvee. I couldn't decide between the green camo-flat bed and the olive drab tarped Humvee truck. I went with the camo-flatbed based on the extra gear.

I love it except they should have molded an engine. You can see air or the ground through the engine grates. It is pretty solidly built with opening doors and transparent plastic for windows. The wheels are solid and roll nicely. They seem to be rubbery and the Humvee rolls fast. The extra gear is nice and includes three oil drums, two gas or water tanks, two (hard) sand bags and a wooden (plastic) crate.

The figures are surprisingly well articulated and wouldn't be bad with a better head sculpt or better paint application on the face. The weapons are rubbery but okay for Joes.

I love it. I will probably but the truck Humvee next and maybe an A-10 next month. I can't wait for August 20th and payday. I was pleasantly surprised in the quality for $15.

Blue Box had an A-10 Thunderbolt II at Target?

Or did you mean the cheap "Elite Force" stuff that Target had early this year.

By the way, this company M & C Toy Centre Ltd. who makes Elite Operations, World Peacekeepers has this as their U.S. client list:

American Sales, Biglots, Cherrywood, Dollar General, Duckwall , Far East Brokers, JCPenney, KB Outlet, KB Sears, KB Toys, Kerr Drug, Kinney Drug, Lakeshore, NAMCO, ToysRus , WRT, Wisconsin Toy

I don't know what to make of that, but I wish there was an online dealer.

By the way, this company M & C Toy Centre Ltd. who makes Elite Operations, World Peacekeepers has this as their U.S. client list:

American Sales, Biglots, Cherrywood, Dollar General, Duckwall , Far East Brokers, JCPenney, KB Outlet, KB Sears, KB Toys, Kerr Drug, Kinney Drug, Lakeshore, NAMCO, ToysRus , WRT, Wisconsin Toy

Here they got a comparison between the BBi (kiddie one) & the PTE one...

http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic...=a&start=15

Yep Dollar General had them too.

The previous online dealers never did get good service from M&C Toys so they went under. PowerteamUSA.com & PowerteamHQ.com

JCPenney & Sears has some online.

Wisconsin Toy is a middle man type company. They sell a lot of closeout stuff wholesale.

Unfortunately, BBI stuff kinda sucks. Yeah, the more expensive stuff is very well detailed. But it is also pretty damn expensive. I would expect a BBI A-10 to easily be $50 or $60.

But the worst thing is they aren't really "play-worthy". The cockpits are too small to hold figures. Yeah, they fit, but good luck getting them back out again.

the regular BBI jets are usually $75-80+ if they ever bring one out(super detailed ones), you can bet it'd be close to that rather than $50-60ish

I also thought BBi's adult Elite Force jets would be $70-100, but then again the Black Hawk and Apache were $60 at TRU but are now $30 at Target and the MI-Abrams was $50 at TRU but $30 at Target. I am still hoping the F-18 will be at Target closer to Christmas time for a $40-50 price-tag.

That being said, I am quite happy with my pair of Power Team Elite F-18s. I really want at least one of their A-10s.