My day at SDCC

jinx723

For my first time at ComicCon I actually enjoyed it, one things for sure you can't see everything in one day. I guess that what I get for procrastinating, today(Friday) was the only day left when I registered. Anyway, I spent alot of time at the Hasbro both and all I have to say is "good things are coming for G.I.Joe". I spoke with John(didn't get his last name) from Hasbro. As we all know the next two waves were displayed and they looked awesome, especially Serpentor (they combined OG Serpentor with the DDP Serpentor and he looks great. The new Zartan "WILL" change colors, it was even marked on the carded figure. The two waves were tagged as being released a month apart (Sept & Oct) with possibly another wave before Christmas. They want to try and release a wave every two-three months. The Cobra Pack 2 has a Cobra symbol that will play the opening Cobra theme from the G.I. Joe Movie. They are working on fixing the articulation problem with the 25th figures, somehow it was a screw-up from China. The customs were done by Dwight himself, he worked on the line but is no longer with the G.I. Joe brand. As for Joe-Con they'll be displaying figures that are not at ComicCon and they have a list of figures that'll be out in 2008. He didn't go into detail because Hasbro wants us to have something for Joe-Con instead of telling us everything at SDCC. I for one will be thanking them once again at Joe-Con for everything they've done and what's in store for us. One bad thing though, the Destro exclusives were sold out by noon today convention screw-up. They did say we'd be getting the Pimp Daddy Destro at Joe-Con but didn't say which one. Oh I almost forgot they're trying to get us a live-action G.I. Joe Movie for 2009. Considering that I worked on my birthday this past Monday to make it to SDCC, it was worth it and to top it off I found the Cobra five pack and the wave 1 singles at TRU the day before my birthday. What an awesome week!!!

YO JOE!!! #US1#

Happy belated birthday! Thanks for the info Jinx and glad you had fun at SDCC.

I'll add my comments in as well (not trying to thread jack)

Yeah it was a nice time and actually it was a blast to talk to John, he was very laid back and was talking to everyone going by the booth and answering questions as best as he can. Sometimes that occasional "I would say more, but right now I can't". The figures all looked great and he told me what we see carded is the final product. I did ask him about a BAT coming out and he said "definately Yes". I think that it will be like a V1 too since John was talking about the BAT figure and someone mentioned that they did not like the VvsV bats and John seemed to be more for the bat that actaully had a computer looking design on his torso. I asked him also if the shirts that they were wearing, "Tele-Viper, Zartan and a few others (for got the names) were hints of figures coming out and he said that they were the figures that they liked. I also asked him about the red ninja and John said, "a child is not going to notice that it is a repainted SS, we are trying to reach out to collectors, old and new. All in all he said that there are a lot of possibilies for the line (mail in figure/battlepoints offer, gi joe cartoon), but it will be based on the success of the line, he added, "which if this is any indication of what we saw here as (SDCC)......" John also said that the customs were ment to be on display to show that there are ways with "a little elbow grease" to make custom figures. He would not say if any of the figures shown were indications of future figures. I did get a feeling that we might be getting a cartoon pack on Lady Jaye since he was talking a lot about that figure while I was there.

* somethings that I asked about but got a "I would like to say more but right now I cannot"

- DD comic pack figures

- Comic pack figures

- hints what to expect at the con, he did say, "we will be revealing some stuff", then stoped himself.

It was a great time at SDCC and it was cool to talk to other collectors at the Joe Booth.

Sounds like great news for GI Joe and I'm glad they are fixing the articulation problems with the figures

and trying for a live action movie by 2009? AWESOME NEWS!! Now I hope they get the story and characters right