new dcuniverse wave 1

shokker

I'm liking what I see so far. That metamorpho is amazing and I have to buy them all to get him. The only one I dont' want is penguin (not big on collecting bad guys) but who cares, I need metamorpho parts! I hope that image is the chase reddy the article was talkign about on tni, cause I'm hoping to get the version without the gloves if there is one (the modern age one)

eh, i was actually expecting flash, wonder woman, MMH, GL, hawkman/girl, and maybe green arrow for the first wave. still hate single jointed knees and elbows, but oh well. these are the clostest things to super articulated DC figures i'm sure we will ever get.

As I don't really follow DC as much as I do Marvel, none of these are on my must have list. But as always, I will get them anyway and I'm glad Mattel has the full license, even though this first way still seems Supes and Bats centric (with the exception of Red Tornado). Not too thrilled about the classic Batman - I'd rather get the previous Batman repainted with a black cowl and cape. All of them look pretty good, except for Penguin IMO. He's not rotund enough, and the orange is kinda garish, it seems more of a classic look then a modern one.

Are they just gonna keep reusing the same base figure? I mean, I don't really have any problems with that if it fits and everyone is supposed to be the same height and build, but it seems lazy haha.

Is anyone else disappointed that Metamorpho, though beautifully sculpted, is just a big statue?

He should have had more normal limbs so he could do more than just fly, float or whatever he's doing. The rest look great. Penguin must be doing Atkins or something because he looks a bit slim.

Yeah you can't really do much with him other than display him as is.

Is anyone else disappointed that Metamorpho, though beautifully sculpted, is just a big statue?

He should have had more normal limbs so he could do more than just fly, float or whatever he's doing. The rest look great. Penguin must be doing Atkins or something because he looks a bit slim.

Yeah you can't really do much with him other than display him as is.

i think he has another foot coming with etrigon. he has another foot at his side, look at the pics again. so you can pose him differently not just the flying position.

eh, i was actually expecting flash, wonder woman, MMH, GL, hawkman/girl, and maybe green arrow for the first wave. still hate single jointed knees and elbows, but oh well. these are the clostest things to super articulated DC figures i'm sure we will ever get.

yeah... I am tired of the single joints too.. but would you rather have those, or the new Hasbro ball-joint knee monstrosities?

I also too would have rather had more iconic characters than those chosen... but then again, I think Mattel knows they have to stretch things out a bit. Then again, Batman is the only big name from the bunch, followed by Penguin.... and we already have a bunch of Batmans.

seeing that they are only doing 5 per wave, I think my top 5 would have been:

Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Flash

Wonderwoman

Aquaman

Green Arrow

I am only worried that they will wait too long to produce characters I like, and they will kill the line before we get there... (MOTU anyone)... they better not be putting 3 Batmans per case

I love the way these look. Orion looks awesome with the detail in his battle armor and Etrigan is fierce! I don't care if Metamorphoa is statue-esque, he's still cooler than most of the BAF's from ML (Modok, Mojo). Red Tornado looks meh, and so does Penguin. Batman has been working out it would seem, but these are only minor quibbles. So long as Mattel can fix their case ratios and distribution woes, I'll keep buying these guys. How long til WW Chi-Town? I can't wait to see me a blue Superman. I have always wanted one.

They all look great. Im glad they didnpt go with the big names that fast, but the figures we`re getting are awesome, nonetheless. I do dislike the single joints, but they look awesome!

I love the way these look. Orion looks awesome with the detail in his battle armor and Etrigan is fierce! I don't care if Metamorphoa is statue-esque, he's still cooler than most of the BAF's from ML (Modok, Mojo). Red Tornado looks meh, and so does Penguin. Batman has been working out it would seem, but these are only minor quibbles. So long as Mattel can fix their case ratios and distribution woes, I'll keep buying these guys. How long til WW Chi-Town? I can't wait to see me a blue Superman. I have always wanted one.

Actually, like someone else have said eariler, Metamorpho isn't a statue figure. He is a regular figure like the rest as in having the same points of articulation. He just happens to have a lot of additional accessories. Think Sandman from the SMC or the SM3 line.

172.jpg

As you can see, red torrando comes with both arms and with two attatchments (one of which looks like a gun or his foot in a clear base.) Looks like he has a normal hand under that big mallet considering that it is probably like his other arm (Orion comes with the lava hand) and seeing that you can tell on the 2up? pic here:

052.jpg

So I guess he comes with two larger hands and two transforming feet to be inserted into his normal limbs.

I am happy they did Metamorpho this way. I mean I can have him lookin normal with my other toys or have him with his transforming limbs and such.

If retail cost remains the same, I think Mattel offers for more bang for your bucks as oppose to Hasbro. I mean the paint aps are better and we get a BAF that has accessories. I guess Mermorpho can be compared to annihlius(sp?) where as it is a 5 inch figure. However, unlike Annihilius, Mermopho appears to require only 5 figures (Batman for the leg, Penguin for the torso with head included, Red Torrando for the arms and two attatchments, Orion for an attatchment, and Demon for the leg though I do not know who comes with one of the final leg attatchments )

Because of Metamorpho, I wonder if Penguin's Penguin (displayed as a two up next to two up Penguin) have gotten the axe.

There are fantastic, but as said...kind of strange choices.

Series 2 is also lacking Flash, Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Arrow, and Lantern. Series 2 consists of:

- Aquaman, Black Manta, Superman Blue, Harley Quinn, and Firestorm.

I don't think Mattel would be stupid enough to not make a Lantern - if not a few - as well as WW, Flash and the previously said. I can only assume, with Superman Blue being made - Superman Red will also be made at some point. I think Joker is worthy of this line as he's not been given SA and a more casual Lex Luthor would not hurt - but other then that I want basically all new characters. I really hope the rescuplts and steady flow of Superman/Batmans end.

Look at wave 1 of ML if you can remember that far you had IM, Toad, Hulk, Cap, and i think there was one more, but even there you didnt have your "BIG" names in there. When i say big i mean popular. So im glad they are doing this this way, that just means they are gonna sweeten the pot all the more along the way!

awesome!! ir very cool the new wave! Orion and etrigan rules!!! Batman 60's is very retro and red tornado is fine, but prefery martian manhunter

DC comics won this year?

Look at wave 1 of ML if you can remember that far you had IM, Toad, Hulk, Cap, and i think there was one more, but even there you didnt have your "BIG" names in there. When i say big i mean popular. So im glad they are doing this this way, that just means they are gonna sweeten the pot all the more along the way!

Hulk, Iron Man, and Capt. America aren't heavy hitters in your world? They're not Spider-Man or Wolverine...but common...those are three of Marvels biggest and most well known character - especially Hulk. You can't say that for Orion, Metamorpho, The Demon, and Red Tornado. Plus they've been trying to acquire the license for SO long to specifically diversify the line, and then they get it...and don't give us the obligatory in the first wave (Flash, Lantern, Wonder Woman, MMH)? It's just kind of odd to me, but forgive my questioning...the figures are still amazing and welcome characters - strange choices for first wave or not.

I agree that Hulk, IM and Cap are some of Marvel's biggest names. While not Spidey and Wolverine they're still pretty recognizable to the general public. As for the DC Universe wave 2, I think we're not getting a JLA themed wave because it doesn't make business sense. In wave one we have;

Orion

Etrigran (Demon)

Penguin

Red Tornado

campy Bats

In wave two we're getting;

Blue Superman

Firestorm

Aquaman

Harley Quinn

Black Manta

So, in two waves we're getting three of the JLA. Campy Bats and Blue Superman don't necessarily count maybe, but Aquaman certainly does. They're just spacing them out. Don't put all you eggs in one basket? By spacing out the big names, who we all want, Mattel is almost guaranteeing this line will sell at least until we've got the core members of the League. It's a business strategy, no more and no less. Makes count sense to me too. I'm sure Mattel knows there are those of us who have complained about this or that and have posted, "I'm done with this line" or something to that effect. By bringing in the ENTIRE DC Universe they make those stop and take notice. Now they're teasing us with dribs and drabs of a Justice League shelf in the big toy display case. We're all salivating over a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lanter, Martian Manhunter shelf to stand tall next to Cap, IM, Hulk, Wolverine, Spidey. We are all now Mattel's #$#@#.