New Walmart exclusives

nagauthier

I want these... but there are no walmarts near me. I will have to get these either on ebay or from someone on the boards like I did with the Giant Man wave ;). Toysrus wouldve been better, not only 'cause there are some in the vicinity, but because they actully offer them ONLINE. Too bad Toysrus got shafted with the crappy Silver Wolverines.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toys 'R' Us Silver Wolverine sucked. Alot of #$###. But these look like great exclusives. And Draven I'm not trying to whine. Just stating a fact. And I shouldn't have to go to ebay or beg some one here for a hook-up. I should be able to find them at a Wal-mart near me. That's why they are called Wal-Mart exclusives. It kinda kills the term if they aren't at Wal-Mart.

New molds mean they take the toy seriously. Repaints are the lazy way out. No real effort. New molds entice us with soemthing new.

LOL, you actually think that??

They take their business and profits seriously. If a existing mold is close enough to the design and styling of a new figure, it makes complete sense to re-use it.

A toy-line like this wouldn't be viable if every figure had totally unique parts--its been that way for over 40 years now--Every toy company employs a re-use procedure in their toys,

And they are not "repaints" if they have any new molded parts.

It also cost a lot of money to make new figures. I think it cost like thousands of dollars just to make a cast of a small item like a weapon. Even though Hasbro is doing a less subtle job in reusing old molds, other companies do it as well. For example, Some of Mattlel's DCSH figures are retooled or repainted much like ML. Clark Kent, Cassie Batgirl, Lex Luthor, etc.. have retooled parts. I rathered have a retooled toy as oppose to none at all. At least, we can get a Cannonball and another Cable this way. And who didn't see the Rachel Summer's figure will be remade into the classic Marvel Girl?

too bad there's nowhere where people can hook up other people :(

I go to the slaughter house and hook people up on the meat hooks in the freezer.

The fact that these or other figures are repaints doesn't bother me. The key question is whether or not the figure looks good. Sometimes original sculpts turn out badly and sometimes repainted fiures are perfect choices for a new character. I thought these looked pretty good. The only thing that disappointments me is that I would really like a FA X-Men box set, and if we are already getting Marvel Girl, the odds might be slim. All four figures looked good. I was skeptical about the re-use of Ghost Rider's slightly odd body, but the paint scheme was interesting. Supposedly these are coming out at the same time, in October or November.

I hate to burst your bubble but that Marvel Girl Second Costume so a FA X-men box set is still possible. Has Anyone any info on the Black Queen Exclusive i saw on another Web Site (and before you say it it was of the SDCC display)

only thing i know of the black queen is that she will be a toys r us exclusive. she will probably be out around september or october.

WHat a bunch of whiney cry babies! If you want something bad enough you will get it and getting them as exclusives is better than nothing at all. Personally WM is the best place for exculsives in my book. Never not found a WM exclusive easily. :)

Draven

Indeed not being able to find stuff and having to beg for hookups or ebay is nothing new to me @loll@

I will be more than happy to try and help you out man! I can't help everyone out but as Psycho Johnny can tell you, I am willing to help non USers out!

Draven

I've wanted that Jean for AGES!!!! I MUST HAVE IT!

For me, since I never got the Ghost Rider or Rogue figures that Cannonball and Domino use for bodies, they're entirely new figures for me, and I'm happy to see them since I've wanted both those characters for a while to continue to fill of X-teams up.

The new Cable looks good too. I have the TB one, but at least this one comes with guns and a holster even to hold one. Plus it looks like they used the TB version's arms for the figure.

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) looks okay...but where's my Jim Lee designed 90's version of her!? >_< If Hasbro makes her in that costume I will bow to them willingly since she's really the only one left I need for my Blue and Gold teams...aside from maybe Forge *hugs his custom made blue and yellow costumed Banshee*

thankfully my local walmart gets ALL of these... to bad the fat, stupid, crap face scalpers always get there first.

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) looks okay...but where's my Jim Lee designed 90's version of her!? >_< If Hasbro makes her in that costume I will bow to them willingly since she's really the only one left I need for my Blue and Gold teams...aside from maybe Forge *hugs his custom made blue and yellow costumed Banshee*

13) Will we see the Jim Lee version of Jean Grey in Legends. Hasbro says it’s on their radar.

Luckily I have like 8 WMs around me to track these down. Like Draven, I will have no trouble getting extras for my fellow TNIers that may not be as fortunate. Just keep an eye on my signature when I post and you'll see what I have available.

If the repaint works then it should be no problem. The photos show what appears to be a well done, perfectly proportioned and faithful rendition of Cable as depicted in the comic version. If you're not happy with that, create your own custom one. I once in a while do a little bit of my own paint washes to improve less than perfect action figures. What we see in comic conventions are usually the 'show' models and won't necessarily translate to the retail outlets. Case in point, Lord Thor and the Blob. They looked absolutely stunning in their preview last year at the Toy Conventions. But what do we get in WalMart. Skin tones molded in plastic and minimal paint washes.

Oh boy...I'm in re-paint heaven...or make that "re-paint Hell"...

But...Domino, Cannonball, and 70's Marvel Girl are new figs, so I'll probably pick them up.

Definately want Domino, (always liked that extreme Rogue sculpt.) Wish she came with more guns though...

Making these no effort attempts at junk Slave-mart exclusives just proves Hasblow should give the license up to someone who can make quality figures.

I preferred ToyBiz, but that just isn't a solid argument against Hasbro. I mean yea, they're repaints, but they're repaints of (mostly) TB bodies. That Rogue they turned into Domino was one of the best female bodies made so far! If they want to reuse more of Toy Biz's molds that's fine by me as long as they don't reuse the Scarlett B!t@#!! #yuk@#

Tell the truth i like them. Not only are we getting three X-factor character but hasbro has brought out characters that i taught was goin to be made eventually. The only thing i dont like is the cannonball costume chioce but at least we get him right. and i don't have a Wal*mart but by the looks of things they will be out very soon as they are in the box already

Don't you mean X-Force?

Tell the truth i like them. Not only are we getting three X-factor character but hasbro has brought out characters that i taught was goin to be made eventually. The only thing i dont like is the cannonball costume chioce but at least we get him right. and i don't have a Wal*mart but by the looks of things they will be out very soon as they are in the box already

Don't you mean X-Force?

Yea I mean X-force i alway get them mix up. :P

Reissuing the same toy repainted is nothing new.. Remember how Hasbro got you to buy the same transforming jet six times by calling it Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, and Ramjet? But your imagination filled in the rest.

So when I buy that Cannonball/Domino two-pack, I won't be thinking to myself "Hey, now I have the variant purple Ghost Rider with no flaming head figure!!!" or "No I have the extreme Rogue disguised as a dalmatian figure!!" I will have a Cannonball and Domino figure. Hasbro can reuse parts of figures all day long if I get more original characters.

And for all you whiners out there, the more of Toybiz's molds that Hasbro continues to reuse, the less they come up with inferior designs of their own. I would rather Hasbro repaint extreme Rogue's body for a hundred different female characters than give us another Emma Frost monstrosity. I was so let down with Emma, she's the only Legend I haven't bought and kept. I got her for the Annihilus part and gave the figure to my roommate.

13) Will we see the Jim Lee version of Jean Grey in Legends. Hasbro says it’s on their radar.

Sweet! Hopefully she'll be in HML wave 5. They could do a cheap variant of her even with one figure having her with the comics version long hair and another based off the ponytailed 90s cartoon version.

black queen is an emma repaint. when i see the punisher repaint now thats a punisher must have. thats a repaint who actually made sense. whats bothering me is that cable has a great face sculpt but a repaint body with a costume he never had. same with cannonball and domino. i dont wanna say those are bad figures just dumb repaints. instead of doing red dardevil. rogue green yellow. those are repaints for me that would have made sennse. i am happy for everyone who loves them. i dont wanna judge on peaple who loves them. i love a lot of figures where other thinks they suck but still every one has a love for something and they should stick to it. i have marvel and toybiz figures. there are great figures on both sides even as bad figures.

black queen is an emma repaint. when i see the punisher repaint now thats a punisher must have. thats a repaint who actually made sense. whats bothering me is that cable has a great face sculpt but a repaint body with a costume he never had. same with cannonball and domino. i dont wanna say those are bad figures just dumb repaints. instead of doing red dardevil. rogue green yellow. those are repaints for me that would have made sennse. i am happy for everyone who loves them. i dont wanna judge on peaple who loves them. i love a lot of figures where other thinks they suck but still every one has a love for something and they should stick to it. i have marvel and toybiz figures. there are great figures on both sides even as bad figures.

Actually they did have those costumes. I can't remember when but in know they did.

Actually they did have those costumes. I can't remember when but in know they did.

then i cant remember either. i know marvel girl looked like that years back but didnt she had a phenix sign on it? cable looks good even i dont know the costume. i love his head. whats bodering me with marvel girl is that she had a one piece dress and this figure has a shirt and it is just repainted over. they could at least resculpted the body. i am not a fan of the other 2pack. i think better they come out that way then never :D

I'm looking forward the Black Queen since I know I'll have no problem getting it seeing how TRU actually ships their exclusive to all their stores in adequate numbers.

Just wish it had been Selene instead of Jean Grey. I suppose it could pass as Selene though if you painted the hair black. Sure would be nice to get Sebastian Shaw and the rest of the Hellfire Club to go along with this figure.