New Walmart exclusives

nagauthier

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME! The hunting will be tough, but oh-so worth it. I never actually saw Surfer on the shelves, I had to swipe mine from a stocking cart-thingy. I'll definitely look harder for these though.

Nagauthier hit the nail on the head. I never saw the WM Surfer at retail here and I'm pretty active with scouring our local stores. Hopefully those clowns fix the distribution for these babies because I'd like to buy both.

well... some figures I will actually buy....

I wish Cable had a different blue and his arm wasn't bare skin.. but what they hey... He's pretty cool.

Cannonball is a bit goofy with that string-bean Ghost Rider body.. but he's not bad... Domino looks nice as well.

awesome? where? they are horible. painting is realy bad. cannonball is a repainted ghost rider, cable is a repainted wolverine,domino is a repainted xtreme rogue and funniest marvel girl is repainted marvel girl of hasbro marvel legends serie 3. those in my point are horrible. :angry:

holy crap thats awesome. Didn't see that coming! If they're like Surfer there should be hundreds of em

Great for you but not one of the walmarts by me got any surfers.

I think i may just pick up the cannonball set.

too bad there's nowhere where people can hook up other people :(

Yeah, yeah, Mr Snarkypants, I get that people here sometimes help each other out, but my experience has been that there are usually more people on the boards who need stuff like this than there are people who buy extras to help. And that's beside the point. If Walmart handled distribution of their exclusives as well as Target and Toys R Us then a lot less people would have to find other ways to get them. Even if I find somebody here to help me out when my Walmart inevitably doesn't get these, I still have to pay shipping for something I should be able to buy at the store.

Personally I think they are really good. I a) always wanted Cable. B)Always wanted Domino. C)Always wanted Cannonball. But alas they are Wal-Mart exclusives. Which means I will once again never see these.

I moved from Austin where we had everything and every store to little bitty POS Bastrop that basically has an HEB and a Wal-mart. The Surfers that made it to Austin was almost a month after the release date of the figure and my Bastrop Wal-Mart just barely got the figures in maybe last week. So I'm not really worried about getting them it only takes time. And the rest of the SS figures are clogging the shelves just like TRUs exclusives.

Plus I think it's a whole lot better than having to pay 2 to 3 times the amount that the SDCC exclusive MLs are selling/will sell for

Your lucky you got the Surfer. I'm still looking for him.

Since I'm not a serious collector. And I mean no disrespect by asking this. But how is it a slap in the face?

I'm a serious collector and my face is fine. and RockSteady if you need one still I can pick one up. Of course like Naug said you'd have to pay the dreaded shipping cost. It's equal to about 2 gallons of gas now round here.

I know you're right about the gas and shipping being comparable, but I'm more annoyed on principle than anything else. It shouldn't be such a hassle. Like you said, your store has more of these than they know what to do with. More likely than not, they'll end up getting clearanced out. That's happened with a bunch of SW exclusives they've had in the past, most recently with their Saleucami Battle Pack. My store never got it but other people found them on clearance for more than half off. Guess how many of those people passed on the savings to those of us who never saw the damn things?

And while we're reading reports of glee from a couple of people who pick up Surfer for $4, there will still be a ton of us whose Walmarts never got a single one. There's no excuse for running a business like that.

New molds mean they take the toy seriously. Repaints are the lazy way out. No real effort. New molds entice us with soemthing new.

LOL, you actually think that??

They take their business and profits seriously. If a existing mold is close enough to the design and styling of a new figure, it makes complete sense to re-use it.

A toy-line like this wouldn't be viable if every figure had totally unique parts--its been that way for over 40 years now--Every toy company employs a re-use procedure in their toys,

And they are not "repaints" if they have any new molded parts.

Tell the truth i like them. Not only are we getting three X-factor character but hasbro has brought out characters that i taught was goin to be made eventually. The only thing i dont like is the cannonball costume chioce but at least we get him right. and i don't have a Wal*mart but by the looks of things they will be out very soon as they are in the box already

I rarely ever post anymore because of the negativity. I just wanted to give Hasbro Kudos for TRYINVG with these sets.

Its becoming poisonous isn't it?

May as well face it, complaining has become the new toy-collecting hobby.

Its okay for someone to not like something, but there's recent posters that have just gone completely overboard. Saying that people are "wrong" for liking the stuff, that they are "easily impressed" is just immature condesencion on their part, and there's really no place for that kind of discourse.

If the complainers of the toys hate them so much, the exit to the hobby is very clearly marked. They cannot miss it, and it leads to a much happier place I'm told.

Those that stick around and complain over and over, seem to take some kind of glee in it--as if they are trolling. I just try to tune them out.

For the record, The new stuff looks fine to me, for the most part. I'll be making room in my collection for a lot of it.

these sets look cool. i have been waiting a long time for domino and cannonball. it is too bad wal mart had to get these with as little that wal mart does or doesn't get in. they should have done these for target or toys r us since all of there stores always get their exclusives. wal mart is a hit and miss situation.