pics of wave 4

marvelfreak

These are certainly a step up from previous Hasbro Marvel Legends, but they’re still not all on par with Toybiz in my opinion. Some are, however - at this moment in time. But remember the highly doctored pictures of the previous Hasbro Legends series? I would bet my Legends collection that these figures aren’t nearly as good as these photos - plus yet again less articulation? And call me anal-retentive…but yet again…Sue Storm/Invisible Woman’s outfit doesn’t match the other FF’s. Is it SO hard to give us a classic Invisible Woman that matches all the other FF’s outfits?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't mind less articulation all that much.

its that the new Hasbro articulation is horrible to look at. It RUINS the way the figures look. This is not a case of too much articulation vs sculpt, its UGLY articulation.

I would rather them do plain ol single joint legs than have these funky stump things going on at the knew. and look at how they go when you bend them... just look at Namor and Blackbolt... they have crazy knee caps cloating out into space... and when you bend them, the front of the knee becomes detached from the leg, and the leg becomes attached by the back of the calf.

why do the new 25th Joes all have ML knees, and some of the HML do not? Hasbro just loves to piss me off I think.

oh well, their loss... cause I spend lots of money on toys, especially good ones.

why do the new 25th Joes all have ML knees, and some of the HML do not? Hasbro just loves to piss me off I think.

Cause Hasbro hates ML collectors! ;)

Toybiz had the perfect toy formula, it was grafted for everyone...I go as far as to say they made the greatest collectors bases toyline ever made. So with that said, if it isn't broke...why fix it? - as the saying says. Did Hasbro think they could improve when so many fans begged them not to change the toybiz way?

Sometimes I really think they do - they see what we want, don't give it to us on many accounts...and then defend themselves by saying "We know what the collectors want". I'm reminded of when they said collectors didn't want Toybiz Legends Articulation......and then the poll was taken here and it came out quite different.

Don't feel too bad Clam - Hasbro pisses me off just as much. Some people say I'm overly picky, but I think I'm fair. I think Hasbro is just that bad, but hey...that’s me!

Oh and I wanted classic Namor bad too…and I stand with you, Hasbro’s just isn’t that great. For me it’s not so much the articulation as it is the head sculpt that ruins it.

whatever ill you can say of these figures, i still say they're all at LEAST decent.

of MLs I say this:

AXM Beast, Holocaust, Punisher: eh.

Tigra, FA DD, Black Bolt, Nova: FREAKIN FINALLY!

as for the F4 wave: no complaints, surprisingly. i'll wait until i see them in person to be sure, but i think that'll be the one time i won't regret getting the full set. love the character choices, i'm OK with the costume choices, and love the BAF. i just REALLY hope the stretchy bits on Reed are interchangeable parts and he's not stuck like that... that would make me MAD. and i wish/hope that Johnny's flamed off and the flames come off, but he still looks pretty good.

is it just me, or are Johnny and Surfer scaled-down versions of the Icons ones?

I have to say I'm loving all of these - especially the FF figures. We finally get some that look good! Yea, I'm a little cheezed about articulation, but character selection has been fantastic.

These figures look amazing. Gotta have Tigra, Namor, Black Bolt, Invisible Woman, and Nova.

The rest look great, but I'll wait til I see them in person to decide if they're worth the money.

Great job Hasbro!

Hey TNI Gang and Hasbro!

Going on initial feeling, these character choices are great and the sculpts look good. TIGRA, NOVA and BLACK BOLT all in one wave!! Very good! I like that you are taking a risk with Mr. Fantastc's elongated body......I don't know of a comic that has not shown him stretching in one panel or another.... My complaints are few, but apply accross the board. "Too cartoony".

Hasbro: I am in the camp that says to give you guys a try....but you have to listen to what the collectors here are saying.....articulation is important, but it has to look good as well. We don't mind paying the money for the right formula.....good character choices along with good paint apps, on good sculpts with good articulation.....when you leave something out it is like making chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips.....still edible and perhaps tasty....just not as satisfying as they could be.

You know Hasbro, Marvel Legends continues to be a collector dominated series.....but with Marvel Toys making very good figures it is just a matter of time before collectors shift their attention and their wallets toward the comics and the characters of these other companies

And lastly....why is Daredevil squinting? Isn't he blind?

These ALL look really good! A huge improvement over the last few waves and even a hugger improvement over the cruddy Hulk wave.

Also anyone else try to figure out how Mr. Fantastic is suppose to fit into the box?

The only figure I don't like is the Beast one for some reason. Don't know why, I just don't. Thing looks odd too but I'll wait & see how he looks up close before I decide if i want him. I agree w/ Clam about Namor's kankles. Hopefully these aren't the final stages of these figs because he needs retooling down there. Badly. I can see myself going after most of these figures. Any word on variants yet? I'd bet on a full-flame Human Torch and Cosmic SS right now, just like their Icons counterparts. I like the red-suited DD ideer too. Anything else?

Can't wait to get 'em all!

if this is what these look like imagine what Hulk and Fin Fang Foom are going to look like. I'll say it in one word great!!!!!!!!!! Not perfect great (nothing is perfect)

These ALL look really good! A huge improvement over the last few waves and even a hugger improvement over the cruddy Hulk wave.

Also anyone else try to figure out how Mr. Fantastic is suppose to fit into the box?

They will probably break him into pieces and you'll have to assemble him yourself.

Personally I think there are awesooooooome. That Thing looks incredible. I can finally get rid of the series 2 Thing, which I've always thought was pretty ugly. The Beast looks really good too. That Ronan is amazing... all the FF are good enough that I won't feel guilty about buying repeat characters. I still have a concern about the paint, since these are so heavily photoshopped. Man, this is great. Sorry if you guys don't like the toned down articulation - I really don't mind, there's enough for my tastes.

Oh, c'mon now, the Series 2 Thing looks real cool and captures the John Byrne style. This new one looks like the puny head was pulled from the House of M version. He looks like a mound of Cheetos or at the worst Walking Turd.

i guess i'm the only one who thinks these suck....i mean sculpt wise, they look good, but articulation wise, which is why i buy them, they suck.............now everyone talk #$@# to me cause i love articulation...please.

No, I agree. That Namor is a prime example of crap joints. What the hell is wrong with his knees?! Does no one else think that looks worse than the knee-cap style double-joint?! After Annihilation, I'm stoked for cosmic characters, but Nova looks too tooney, and I'm not diggin' Ronan. I might buy the Thing and the Silver Surfer though since the Thing was never supposed to be that flexible and he looks good and chunky, and the Surfer looks pretty nice (hope they don't change his head at the last minute!) But all in all, I agree; why the step backward in articulation?

HOLY CRAP FROM HELL!!!! Those kick@$$!!! I'm picking up every one of them! Now, all the TB whiners better shut up... :P

Shut up about what? I still see less articulation and some really bad design choices for the articulation we did get (Namor's knees.) And maybe it's just me, but I think several of these just look too tooney. Yea, these are nice photos, but that's just it; these are nice press photos. Shot and cleaned and distributed by a company trying to generate hype on new product. If that Thing and Silver Surfer look half that good when they hit the pegs, I might shut up. (A bit.)

I have 5 kids a they don't whine haft as much as some of you.The past is the past.It's time to grow up an live in the now.Hasbro = future of ML. Toybiz = as been.Hasbro's getting a lot better.I think their stuff look better every wave.Maybe if you put the toy down once in a while an went out in the real world, you realize they're just toys. If that doesn't work try getting layed. Maybe then you won't be so cranky, and lighten up a little. IT all boils down to one thing HASBRO ROCK !!!! GET OVER IT. @firedevil@

I have 5 kids a they don't whine haft as much as some of you.The past is the past.It's time to grow up an live in the now.Hasbro = future of ML. Toybiz = as been.Hasbro's getting a lot better.I think their stuff look better every wave.Maybe if you put the toy down once in a while an went out in the real world, you realize they're just toys. Maybe then you won't be so cranky, and lighten up a little. IT all boils down to one thing HASBRO ROCK !!!! GET OVER IT. @firedevil@

you seem to be in the minority, man... and maybe in denial.

Why is it that the Hasbro supporters are constantly telling the people who prefered Toybiz's style Marvel Legends to shut up when they point out obvious problems with the new figures?

You don't hear any people telling folks that like the new figures to shut up.

Honestly I think these all look great. I admit some of the hands are fugly and Sue looks like she has maybe 3 POA but I can't fault the Hasbro guys completely. There are too many variables that go into the production of these things, from the price of oil, to the costs of manufacuring and distribution, to the costs for design that there is bound to be something that gets cut. It's the price of business. They can't make everyone happy but so long as they're making a majority of us (the consumer) happy they will continue to make them the same way. And if the first page of this is any indication, there are a lot of happy people.

You don't hear any people telling folks that like the new figures to shut up.

Well... not exactly. A bit of mud-slinging on both sides. The occasional: Are you an idiot? Don't you see the same $#%#^@ we see? Are you in deni... yeah. Anyhoo. Just like any figure, wave, line, etc.. some will love them some will hate them.

I think, for the most part, they look fantastic. But, as always. I will reserve my total opinion till I see them in person before I put my ten-spot down at the register.

No he is not in the minority cause if you go look that the "Should Hasbro Continue Ml?" you would see that many people want them to continue the line. And i have to ask u do u play with ur figure or Display them?