Avengers Assemble!!

Rollo Tomassi

Much like the Fantastic Foes topic, I'm gonna run through the complete list of Avengers and on a 1-10 scale discuss which ones deserve figures. Again, if the figure already has a Legend, I won't rehash. Feel free to chime in with your own thoughts. This is for fun, after all.

Rick Jones (6) Sure, he's been bouncing around the Marvel Universe since the beginning, but it just comes down to kid in a jacket. Maybe with a guitar. I see this as more an exclusive than a regular figure.

Swordsman (5). Nothing spectacular about this guy. He seems to grown more legendary as a cadaver than as an actual Avenger. It would be interesting if you were doing era specific teams, but other than that, not a priority.

Mantis (5). Again, not a huge priority unless you wanted to do that Avengers line-up. I can see her and Swordsman being made eventually but there are more important characters on the list.

Moondragon (7) Hot bald chick! You can either do her slutty "I'm barely wearing a g-string" outfit, or the more chaste turtleneck outfit. I know which one I prefer. :P

Hellcat (7) Another classic heroine who could be made. Not as essential as some, but definitely more than others.

Two-Gun Kid (1). Uhmmmm....no.

Guardians of the Galaxy (10) Yes these all need to be made, but it's a separate issue which I've discussed elsewhere.

Whizzer (2) There is nothing spectacular about this character which needs to be made into a Legend.

Ms. Marvel (7) I only put her on the list because I want a Binary version or her ( even though technically she wasn't an Avenger as Binary...whatever, I broke my rules again, leave me alone).

Jocasta (3) This tin chick looks a little sorta kinda cool, but I'm not exactly clamoring for her.

Tigra (8). Hell yeah! I wants a slutty bikini wearing tiger chick. Stat! Greer Garson needs to be made, I just hope she ain't as ugly as all the other Hasbro Legends. The first absolute must on the list.

Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar (8) Whatever she's calling herself, Monica Rambeau is an essential Legend in my opinion. You can either do her old school 70's afro or 90's cornrows. But get it done.

Starfox (6) Laughably forward "ladies man" from Titan. I'm not exactly screaming for him, but I wouldn't mind having him to go with my 80's line-up.

Mockingbird (8) Hawkeye's dead wife. I have fond memories of her from Avengers West Coast, so to me, she's essential. And she has a cool costume and accessories to boot.

Firebird (4) Not a huge fan of hers. Never saw the necessity of yet another fire based hero. If they made her, I would get her, but I couldn't help wonder what better figure got the shaft if she was in the line-up.

U.S.Agent (10) This guy needs to be made for so many reasons. That is an awesome costume and this guy is the Guy Gardner of Marvel. Biggest ahole ever that you can't help rooting for. A Definite.

Human Torch (6) Not Johnny Storm, this is the ORIGINAL Marvel hero, predating even Cap and Namor. That alone nets him some consideration. He's got a fairly plain costume, though, so he doesn't exactly light my fire (pun intended), but I would appreciate him sooner rather than later.

Living Lightning (5) Interesting costume aside, there is nothing remarkable about Miguel Santos ( not even his orientation) that warrants a Legend.

Machine Man (8) I'm probably biased due to his appearances in N.E.X.T.Wave, but a Machine Man figure would be pretty cool. If you could somehow make his arms extend and cool stuff like that, it would be even cooler. "Death to fleshies!!"

Darkhawk (10) Again, completely independently of his being an Avenger, this figure needs to be made. Darkhawk is one of the staples of the 90's resurgence at Marvel and a lot of fans have fond memories of him.

Dr. Druid (3) Pshhhh....didn't he end up being a baddie? And he's a bald, paunchy Dr Strange knock-off. He's like the Go-Bot of Avengers.

Marrinna (4) She looks kinda cool, and she's Namor's dead wife, but shes not really an ESSENTIAL Avenger. If we were doing fish girls, I would rather have Namorita or Namora.

Ravonna/Nebula (4) Also ended up being a baddie. This would constitute an actual Nebula figure, who was never actually an Avenger. I would like a Nebula at some point, but I don't need a pseudo-Nebula figure.

Yellowjacket II (7). I'd go for a chick in a Yellowjacket costume, but I can wait awhile while better figures get made.

Demolition-Man (2) A cross between a Daredevil and a Wolverine costume on a giant homeless guy? Pass. Maybe I'd want one just to say "ha! They actually made a D-Man figure"

Gilgamesh/The Forgotten One (1) A big muscle bound guy in a toga? The Avengers were hitting rock bottom during this recruitment phase.

Quasar (10) Wendell Vaughn is one of the most necessary Marvel Legends waiting to be made along with Adam Warlock and Guardian from Alpha Flight. I still wonder why he hasn't been made yet.

Sersi (5) The Eternal. I say Meh. maybe they can do an Eternal wave at soome point, but I don't need Sersi, the Avenger.

Stingray (8) Not really an important Avenger, but a REALLY cool costume design. I would love to have him on my shelf.

Rage (7) The vest and yellow face mask look is kinda lame, but I like this character. And this desing isn't as busy as his later New Warrior look.

Crystal (8) Of course I would want to see her in an Inhumans wave, but throw one of those Avengers flight jackets on her figure and this would be one cool figgie!!

Thunderstrike (10) Probably could be released as two separate figures, and I would want both of them. Eric in his updated Thor armor, and then again in his Thunderstrike costume. One of the cooler characters deserving of a Legend. And it would give Hasbro an excuse to release more Thor figures!!

Deathcry (7) A fairly cool character and she would be an interesting figure that might grab your attention on the pegs.

Masque (8) Like Nebula, this would work better as an Iron Man villainess Madame Masque, than her Avengers counterpart. But I would still really really want one.

Justice/Firestar (8) I would rather see these two in a New Warriors line, but that doesn't make me want a Marvel Boy any less. And if we had a Firestar we could recreate all those old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoons!!

Triathalon (2) Update of 3-D man can stay 2-D on the page in my opinion.

Silverclaw (4) Despite having an interesting look, I really don't need a figure of her.

Jack of Hearts (8) This is a really cool looking character and would make a great figure. A great choice down the line, but only after more integral figures get made.

Captain Britain (8) The New Cap Brit ( or Lionheart since Braddock resumed his superheroing) has a strong visual presence and the name Captain Britain on the toy shelves might stand a better chance of getting purchased.

Ronin/Echo (10) Hot diggity! As the only New Avenger ( besides modern Cage) not to have a figure yet, This one is begging to get made. I guess we'll find out in a few days when SDCC opens. I feel it's a safe bet we'll have a Ronin by the end of next year.

Ares (9). The new powerhouse of the Mighty Avengers. I like his attitude and he would look great in plastic.

This list makes me realize there's not much left to work with here, Tigra who I'd buy seems to be slated for HML4. There's a few more on that list I'd get, but would everyone else?

I'd buy:

Jocasta

old school Capt Britain

USAgent

Hellcat

Moondragon

and maybe:

Mockingbird

Machine Man

Jack of Hearts

depending on how good they looked.

I'd really like to see the following Avengers villians:

Wrecker and crew

Enchantress

Kang

Ronan

USAgent would be sweet!

I want:

Firestar (Classic Costume)

Justice

Ronin

Hellcat

U.S.Agent

Darkhawk

Ares

Kang and Enchatress would be great villans, too.

Someone forgot Luke Cage in his New Avengers incarnation. Jarvis, the Butler, James Rhodes (Iron Man), the Beast, Dragon Man too.

Of Course, Gotta have Jarvis. He an essential. :)

I want:

Firestar (Classic Costume)

Justice

Ronin

Hellcat

U.S.Agent

Darkhawk

Ares

Kang and Enchatress would be great villans, too.

Someone forgot Luke Cage in his New Avengers incarnation. Jarvis, the Butler, James Rhodes (Iron Man), the Beast, Dragon Man too.

Of Course, Gotta have Jarvis. He an essential. :)

yeah of course because old men figures just sell so well with the kiddies!

Jarvis could always be a pack-in to an Avengers set. I mean hell, does anyone think Franklin Richards or Herbie would have been made any other way?

Quasar

Quasar.jpg

Swordsman

Swordsman.jpg

Starfox

Starfox.jpg

US Agent

usagent.gif

These 4 would complete my classic Avengers roster!

Here a list of bad guys from Avengers the ultimate guide.Space Phantom/The lava Men,Minotaur,Moleman.Baron Zemo,Enchantress,Executioner,Kang,GRIM REAPER{A MOST FOR ME},Powerman,The Collector,Count Nefaria,Mandarin,Doc Doom,Attuma,Magneto, Son Of Serpent,Red Guardian,Living Laser,Ultron,Egghead,Grandmaster,SQUADRON SUPREME,{a most for me}Man-Ape,Supreme Intelligence{BAF},Legion of the Unliving,The Lethal Legion,High Evolutionary,The Gatherers,and Morgan Le Fey,MASTERS OF EVIL<{A MOST},WECKING CREW,The Sranger,Thanos,Skrull,Kree,Starforce,Korvac{ as ain cyborg form }Gravition,Dormammu,Melter,Immortus,Klaw,Red skull,Radioactive Man,Scarlet Centurion,RONAN the ACCUSER,Surtur,Taskmaster,and The Zodiac @firedevil@ There's alot to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

Luke Cage deserves a new figure. The first one that came out doesn't do him justice at all. I also would like the first appearance Black Panther with an "Unmasked" version as a variant. I'd second the motion for the Super Adaptoid. Nobody else seems to know him. Then there's Leader's Humanoids from the very early issues of the Hulk. Let me also do my shameless plug-in for the Dragon Man !! The FF one that was under distributed is undersized. If you look at the Marvel Encyclopedia, this creature should measure at least 12 inches, bigger than the average Hulk sized figure!

I would buy, in this order:

Photon/Pulsar - LOVE HER! A major player, and she was once a leader of the team, right?

Sersi - Really high on my list because I fell in love with Avengers in the early 90s

Crystal - Ditto on what I said about Sersi... loved the Sersi/Black Knight/Crystal/Quicksilver quadrangle

Moondragon - Wicked design, the classic green skimpy costume

Mockingbird - Staple for Hawkeye and the Avengers West Coast

USAgent - Another staple for the Avengers West Coast

Ares - New character, relatively, in the Avengers membership landscape, but awesome

Quasar

Swordsman

Stingray

Firestar

Justice

Modern Luke Cage

Enchantress

Hellcat

Rage

Starfox - Need him for my reenactment of Operation: Galactic Storm -- my favorite storyline!

Ronin/Echo

--------- Below this line are characters I could survive without seeing produced, but would buy if produced

Firebird - WOULD translate really well to/from a Snowbird figure from Alpha Flight

Living Lightning

Jarvis

Jocasta

Darkhawk

Machine Man

Mantis - Don't know if her costume would be executed well...

Binary - Would rather have more original characters than this variation on Ms. Marvel

Rick Jones