Movie Figs (yeah again!)

I have to ask, has anyone REALLY been surprised at the sales of the movie figs?

I've seen them move pretty quick in the past but never anything like this. I saw a bin of over 50 voyagers reduced to 5 in under 24 hours the other day. Nobody has restocked the deluxe assortment in over a week now....and I mean NOBODY. And it's empty...empty...empty...empty!

I think Hasbro may be having some trouble keeping up, or maybe the retailers just never ordered enough or a mix of both.

I've seen so many kids now ripping apart the toy aisle looking for the '08 BB. They are gonna be some stiff competition for this fig! I hope mothers are ready, cuz kids WILL NOT take no for an answer when they find that fig on the pegs.

So another question. How has recent events, with everything being seemingly above expectations, changed your views for the future of the franchise? Also, it's a good time to ask the question again, where do you see the franchise in 5=10 years?

im glad they are selling good, and im glad the movie is bringing in big bucks :) maybe we'll get an even bigger budget for the second one!!!

Back in the 80's when the toys first came out it really took the cartoon to create the phenomena that helped carry the brand for over 20 years. However, while Beast Wars did re-kindle the TF fan in a lot of us, I wouldn't say it had quite the same impact and nothing really had since.

...Until now!

Cartoons just don't seem to reach kids the way they used to. The figures did amazingly well over the years with little promotional support. FINALLY Hasbro found a way to create a phenomena once again.

Where Beast Wars commemorative re-issues didn't do so hot I think in another 10-20 years the movie re-issue line will succeed. When I've seen kids in the stores, it's been a totally different reaction with these TF's than anything I've witnessed with other lines. Some may think I'm reading too much into it, but I see a fire in these kids eyes that I only remember from when I was kid and TF's first came out.

If you ask me, simply witnessing a couple of kids getting all excited about TF's in the toy aisle on a regular basis is a piece of nostalgia in itself. It reminds me of how probably most us were when we were kids. I'm kinda getting a kick out of it too!

By the time the movie is done with theaters it will probably have made near or above a $500 mil PROFIT! That's just off ticket sales. Imagine throwing it all together with the eventual DVD sales, toy and other merchandising sales, and anything else that brings in a few more bucks.

HELL YEAH THE SEQUEL IS GONNA HAVE A BIGGER BUDGET!!!

If it's not at least twice as much I'll be disappointed! I believe S3 was at or near $300 mil to make and I think TF's have more than earned it!

In action movies especially there has to be ONE most important thing about making a sequel...it HAS to be better than the first! Hopefully everyone making the movie is well aware of this, and I'm sure they are.

In 20 years (perhaps sooner) I can see TF conventions being more than a single yearly event here in the US. I can also see them popping up more in cities all over the world. I honestly think one day we'll be right up there with the Star Wars and Star Trek fandoms with a more solid hold in not only comic and toy conventions but Sci-Fi conventions as well. They may very well surpass them.

What's amazing to me is how much BB is going for on Ebay. I was looking yesterday and saw like 3 pages worth plus most were selling for $40+!!! Even that horrid FAB was contested. It's a sad day when Movie figs...figs that SHOULD be readily available are snatched up and thrown out on ebay like that. God I hope I find a 08 BB. @grumpy@

I'm happy to see empty shelves, only because I got everyone I need from the movie line for now minus a MOC 08 Bumblebee and MOC FAB Bumblebee. I'm still debating Leader Brawl, but I got leader megs and prime so I think I'll get him anyways.

Transformers seems like a line that will never die out, the movies are fueling ppl to want to own everything and anything they can. I started looking into/buying more g1s because of the movie line and whatnot, and even masterpiece figures

That's the bright spot...empty pegs and shelves. There are a few hanging around like Bonecrusher, Brawl, Wreckage but most everything else is pretty bare. So when new stock finally arrives it will have a place to go!

After Wednesday I gotta work through the weekend until next Tuesday so I'm sure that will be when every other store except for mine restocks and gets the BB's and of course I'll miss them all!

Glad and surprized at the same time!

by me the voyagers just sit but the deluxes go quick.

Ah yes, but are they really just sitting or are stores just replenishing them really quick and making it look like they are?

Watch, you'll see like 15-20 of them in a store one day and the next most of them will be gone. That's how it's been.

I can only imagine how insane it's gonna be to try and get some of these figures come christmas time! Last year people pretty much bought everything TF's that wasn't nailed down so I'm scared to think what this year will be like.