I have another wave of figures confirmed.....

jordan23

That's one formula Hasbro attempted to run with. Take the popular NAME, and attempt to redress them in a hundred different ways.

The formula that appears to be most popular with collectors, is take the name AND dress (bascially their original appearance) and try to do something different with the design of it, like they're doing now with the 25th line.

The only version of Firefly, that's really Firefly in MY collection, is the very first! All other wild re-images of him are different characters completely. My imagination allows me to utilize the figures themselves, without crapping out the great image and appearance of the character, like Firefly. ^_^

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did they give that other Firefly all new art work?

I'm not sure, but the new art work appears to be of a Firefly without the camo on his uniform. Have we ever seen a Firefly that wasn't spotted with camouflage? Even in custom form I can't think of one.

There was this one from 2002: http://www.yojoe.com/action/02/firefly6.shtml

oh and this one too:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/03/firefly8.shtml

But those aren't really Firefly. Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes had legitimate second (and third) versions that fans loved as much as the originals. Firefly, on the other hand, is pretty much just the camo outfit, and anything after was a cheap rehash trying to capitalize on the name.

I was aware of the green and gray version 2 as well as the one with the silver things on his legs, but I was talking about a version 1 mold/outfit that was perhaps done without the camouflage. The closest would be that black night ops version (or whatever it is), but there's no way that was/is popular enough to warrant a 25th remake. Basically I was wondering if maybe in the Devil's Due comic there was a version without the camo as that's the only medium I'm unfamiliar with (I guess it would have been too easy to just ask that originally ^_^ ).

I'm not sure, but the new art work appears to be of a Firefly without the camo on his uniform. Have we ever seen a Firefly that wasn't spotted with camouflage? Even in custom form I can't think of one.

oh and this one too:

But those aren't really Firefly. Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes had legitimate second (and third) versions that fans loved as much as the originals. Firefly, on the other hand, is pretty much just the camo outfit, and anything after was a cheap rehash trying to capitalize on the name.

I was aware of the green and gray version 2 as well as the one with the silver things on his legs, but I was talking about a version 1 mold/outfit that was perhaps done without the camouflage. The closest would be that black night ops version (or whatever it is), but there's no way that was/is popular enough to warrant a 25th remake. Basically I was wondering if maybe in the Devil's Due comic there was a version without the camo as that's the only medium I'm unfamiliar with (I guess it would have been too easy to just ask that originally ^_^ ).

Well it's already been established that Hasbro is not just sticking to the 1980s figures in regards to the designs. We know we are getting a VvV look Storm Shadow and if we go by the art on those cards we are getting figures based on obscure figures like Rip-It and the Red Ninja from the comic book 3 pack.

Well it's already been established that Hasbro is not just sticking to the 1980s figures in regards to the designs. We know we are getting a VvV look Storm Shadow and if we go by the art on those cards we are getting figures based on obscure figures like Rip-It and the Red Ninja from the comic book 3 pack.

You know I have been puzzled by the repaint SS in VvsV, is HASBRO trying to link the 25 anniversary to the fans of VvsV so that there can be a link between them? The CC in back and the SS in VvsV colors, but then the other characters were not in VvsV and there were two already in comic pack, but the lonesome one that we have not seen in a LONG TIME is the Stinger Driver. I would really like to know what their concept was when they put it out, just to put out repaints with another CC? I guess I am just a little puzzled. Nonetheless I will be getting at least two of these.

oh and this one too:

But the Red Ninja have been around as long as Storm Shadow, as they both first appeared in issue 21 of the comic (though Storm Shadow's first figure might have come out before that issue). Anyway, the Red Ninja/Satan are absolutely more popular or classic than any version of Firefly that came out after version 1. I hope Hasbro realizes this and doesn't try any funny business with repaints of Firefly. @hmmm@ There are some things from A Real American Hero that need to be left in the past, and wacky paint schemes are one of them.

It's certainly a little odd that a Valor vs. Venom Storm Shadow is being made already, though I would guess it's because they can't completely abandon their idea of pumping out multiple versions of the same character due to their popularity. Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are always big sellers, so that means more of them than anyone else. I just hope they don't over do it, and they're getting dangerously close to that with the Valor vs. Venom Storm Shadow already being made. Three different Storm Shadows already is a bit much, and that's coming from a guy whose favorite character is Storm Shadow.

so has these 10 been confirmed?

It is in the Wal-Mart computers. My friend showed me his compact scanner. He works in the photo center. I would say these are coming out next year. I speculate they might even have some prototypes for the Con.