anyone p*ssed at the retailers in your area?

Zanzibar

My local retailers have always sucked for GI Joe. I remember when the RAH Collection came out in 2000. It took my local TRU a month or two to get those in, and no other retailer ever got that first wave.

The same thing is happening now. I got myself a set of singles from smalljoes.com, but the 5-packs continue to elude me.

Then again, Hasbro has a lot on their plate these days, so some stuff is just going to be slow in getting out. I imagine if GI Joe had a movie this summer like Spider-Man, TFs, and the Fantastic Four, things would be much different.

Actually they have only been shipping in limited numbers for a couple weeks to TRU and Kmart. Target and WalMarts havent even staryed carrying them yet. It sucks to wait but in time im sure they will be more readily available.

Fall toy resets don't take effect for another week or two in most markets. The reason they "started shipping a month ago" was so that Walmart and Target would have the figures ON HAND when the new modulars were put up.

One of the issues that arise when stores put them out early (as some Walmarts are), is that when the new modulars are put up...there is no product to put out. That happened at my store at Christmas, we put out a TON of new mod Star Wars and Transformers about two weeks early, and promptly sold them during Christmas. But when the new modulars went up...we couldn't get product in for nearly a MONTH, a MONTH with NOTHING on the pegs because it was all put out and sold early.

The huge volume of summer movie toys probably isn't helping matters either.

But yeah, this happens every time we get "summer launches": You get a couple stores putting them out immediately, but by and large, a majority of stores do NOT put new lines out until their major reset periods, excepting your movie tie ins.

Just remember this date

8/5/2007

We will all have better luck getting these on that date.

Andrew

There's a lot of attention circling these figures.My brother works at TRU part-time and has said that they fly off the shelves and people (even young kids) are always asking about them.

The limited numbers are being snagged up just like that.

Just remember this date

8/5/2007

Andrew

Just to clear things up so people don't come here crying when their Target doesn't have them set up for them on the 5th ;) That's the set date and starting that week we should see them at Target.. not on the 5th.. but the week of the 5th ;)

So in other words, if your Target is slow.. it could take them a couple days to get it set ;)

I waited a good 4days after the anniversary stuff were shipped, headed to Walmart to find squat, I had to go cause of another reason bsides buy Joes, then another few days later another run to Walmart w/ no such luck. Every chance I get to goto Walmart they never have any new stuff. Then I read on tfw2005 about the early xmas stuff to be put out, still no such luck.

So I just give up.

I just want to get the stuff BEFORE mass scalpers do. Back when Spytroops/VvV came out they seem to hit my Walmart, couldnt even find the Walmart exclusive VvV urban camo army builders.

If Targets in my area doesnt have the stuff a few days after Aug 5th, Im definitely gonna complain. I did talk to a Walmart employee that works in the toy area, and yeah the manager is slow in putting the stuff out cause I told the employee what I read on the net that some stores in other parts of the country have the stuff on the shelves.

In the words of Veruca Salt...

"I want it NOOOOOOOW!!"

112axr7.png

(lol) Perfect VH. I love it man...

I've given up looking for these pretty much. I'll just find 'em when I find 'em I guess. That's when I usually find stuff anyway, when I'm not looking and least expect it. I'd settle for seeing Wave 2 pics for now.

I wouldn't say ticked off but I did get a good laugh. Both Targets near me have loads of the singles and 5-packs in stock.

They wouldn't sell any because of their scheduled August rollout.

When I went into Target and the associate tells me "sorry, you won't be able to get these before August."

I then walked two stores down in the same mall to KayBee and pick-up a bunch from their racks. Hehe.

I'm not pi$$ed, but I feel like a freak since I've been checking the K-mart that's five minutes from my house and the TRU that's practicly across from my work almost every other day. It's just that after getting the Cobra five pack and the single SE, SS and Cobra Officer I really want.... no I NEED the Joe pack bad. Damn it the new Joes are my preferred drug of choice. Atleat I'll be getting at least one of the variant Destro's possibly both of them since I know a guy going to SDCC this weekend. he didn't promise me he'd get one, but he said he'd try.

I found the 25th figures at the Shippensburg, PA Walmart last night. I haven't looked for the box sets at the Camp Hill TRU yet.

I'm actually more worried about finding the Walmart exclusive Adventure Team figures (especially since I'm moving back to Jersey around the 25th of August, not sure if they'l be easier to find here or there). I need two of the AA Adventurers.

I'll look for them when I'm on vacation next month.

That's how I found mine. I'm in Atlanta now, and found leftovers at KB in Alpharetta. Leftovers for 25th stuff naturally means Snake Eyes and Stormshadow.

Stormy is an amazing figure IMO.

Just remember this date

8/5/2007

Andrew

Just to clear things up so people don't come here crying when their Target doesn't have them set up for them on the 5th ;) That's the set date and starting that week we should see them at Target.. not on the 5th.. but the week of the 5th ;)

So in other words, if your Target is slow.. it could take them a couple days to get it set ;)

Which doesn't even matter to me, being on an island with absolutely NO Target stores at all. Not to mention only one TRU. Needless to say, I'll be lucky to get my hands on what I'm looking for.

I live in LA, grabbed a Cobra 5 pack from TRU and a couple of single carded from Kmart, the toy manager said one of her employees hid them in the back, so I was glad she cought em and stuck 'em on the shelf.

I am constantly checking walmarts and nothing. I checked toys r us and found nothing but a guy said they put a few out and were gone really fast. I went to Kmart on a desperate mission to find me some dose and found stormshadow. No pegs for the 25th in walmart, kmart nor target. Toysrus did have one peg for the 25th.