Toysrus 25th five packs for 29.99?

egoing75

They SHOULD be $15.99 (there's only 5 figures) and the single packs shouldn't be anymore than $3.99.

Prices are a little crazy on these things right now. <_<

They SHOULD be $15.99 (there's only 5 figures) and the single packs shouldn't be anymore than $3.99.

VH its not the 80s any more lol. everything has gone up. but at least there cheaper then the DTC ones. #US1#

Keep in mind that the packaging and also the GI Joe plastic logo with sound is factoring into that price as well.Not to mention that with all of Toys R' Us's problems recently and having to close many stores...they already sell some toys more expensive than other stores so you may find a great variety in the prices when you compare them to Wal-Mart and Target (once Target gets them in).

VH its not the 80s any more lol. everything has gone up. but at least there cheaper then the DTC ones. #US1#

Those TRU exclusive SIX packs were usually only $19.99, and these new figures are made a little cheaper than the old ones, as far as plastic, plus no metal rivets and "expensive" O-Rings in them. ;)

I don't think the pretty box and sound effects for just 5 figures with barely a weapon each, is worth $30 and the price on the single carded figures (with barely a weapon each) is pretty high also. I'm surprised they didn't slap on another .99 onto the Snake Eyes single pack, for Timber? He's probably got as much plastic in him as the SE figure has if melted down?

#US1#

Those TRU exclusive SIX packs were usually only $19.99, and these new figures are made a little cheaper than the old ones, as far as plastic, plus no metal rivets and "expensive" O-Rings in them. ;)

I don't think the pretty box and sound effects for just 5 figures with barely a weapon each, is worth $30 and the price on the single carded figures (with barely a weapon each) is pretty high also. I'm surprised they didn't slap on another .99 onto the Snake Eyes single pack, for Timber? He's probably got as much plastic in him as the SE figure has if melted down?

#US1#

very true. your right. but what can we do . they make the prices. but i know what your saying for sure. we should at least got 6 figs in those box sets as they have enough room in them.

Yeah it might not be worth it to you,VH...but to Hasbro and retailers...that's the way they cut it down to get the profit they wanted.

The same thing went with Mastercollector's release of the IRON MECH...a mini-vehicle that was normal $9.99 wherever else you found it (as the Defense Mech) became $28 because they manufactured a nice box with art and design for it. And lets not also forget the inflation of costs since the 1980's....a lot of action figures aren't as cheap as they used to be.

Regardless of how much plastic is used for the figures or whatever...the price point also comes down to also the box and design put into it and unfortunately this adds to the price.I won't get into the design of the figures as well but also consider that G.I. Joe hasn't been doing that well as of late and if adding $1 or $2 to the single packs (as they are right now) or $4-$5 to the 5-Packs helps Hasbro turn a better profit and MORE incentive to keep this line ongoing.Then I'm all for it.

And you know buddy,sometimes the money isn't all it...yeah we might scoff at it...but the bottomline is that a lot of us Joe fans are thrilled to have SOMETHING come out that isn't a twist on our old favorites (like GI JOE Sigma 6) and in much fashion is a great ounce of honor given to a lot of figures and designs that we grew up with.

#US1#

very true. your right. but what can we do . they make the prices. but i know what your saying for sure. we should at least got 6 figs in those box sets as they have enough room in them.

do what I am going to do -- wait until they hit clearance at Target, like all items do, and pick them up for $10-$15 bucks. B)

Yeah it might not be worth it to you,VH...but to Hasbro and retailers...that's the way they cut it down to get the profit they wanted.

The same thing went with Mastercollector's release of the IRON MECH...a mini-vehicle that was normal $9.99 wherever else you found it (as the Defense Mech) became $28 because they manufactured a nice box with art and design for it. And lets not also forget the inflation of costs since the 1980's....a lot of action figures aren't as cheap as they used to be.

No the diffrence with the Collectors Club Iron Mech was that it was made in a limited run. The smaller production run, around 500 to 700 for the Iron Mech, then a much, much larger run, 10,000+ for the Defence Mech. That raised the price more then the packaging did.

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

Regardless of how much plastic is used for the figures or whatever...the price point also comes down to also the box and design put into it and unfortunately this adds to the price.I won't get into the design of the figures as well but also consider that G.I. Joe hasn't been doing that well as of late and if adding $1 or $2 to the single packs (as they are right now) or $4-$5 to the 5-Packs helps Hasbro turn a better profit and MORE incentive to keep this line ongoing.Then I'm all for it.

And you know buddy,sometimes the money isn't all it...yeah we might scoff at it...but the bottomline is that a lot of us Joe fans are thrilled to have SOMETHING come out that isn't a twist on our old favorites (like GI JOE Sigma 6) and in much fashion is a great ounce of honor given to a lot of figures and designs that we grew up with.

Let's not go crazy and just start GIVING our money away to Hasbro! @lol@

I'd rather have MORE people buying this stuff, to give Hasbro their necessary projected profit numbers, than having only a handful of rich collectors trying to make up for it all alone, with graciously forking over the extra dough for an over priced product. If that's the goal, they should just put little donation envelopes in the boxes for those that would like to contribute to the "hope and wish for another wave" foundation.

@smilepunch@ jees kid ink!

the last 6-packs, the Vipers, were 25 bucks

Yeah, they're still in plentiful supply at each of the 4 local TRU stores around me here. I'm waiting for a markdown on them and will stock up. ^_^

They seem to be selling like hotcakes right now, however TRU only seems to be putting out limited numbers, Kmart is only selling the singles, and Wal-Mart and Target havent even started selling them so time will tell if they still continue to sell well once they come out in greater numbers.

Hopefully you guys knew I was talking about the Viper Pit 6-pack (that Clam mentioned) when I said they're in plentiful supply, and didn't think I meant the new stuff?

The new stuff has come...and just as quickly GONE, from all the local Kmarts and TRU's, around here.

#US1#