New 25th Anniv. UPC's from Wal_Mart

jordan23

Here is the complete listing of every 25th figure found in Wal-Marts system and the figures UPC.

GIJ 25TH ANNEVSRY 653569258176

GIJ STORM SHADOW 65356925177

GIJ COBRA OFFICER 65356925179

GIJ FLINT 65356925181

GIJ ZARTAN 65356927464

GIJ STALKER 65356927466

GIJ BUZZER 65356925982

GIJ FIREFLY 65356927468

GIJ COBRA TROOP 65356925980

GIJ SNAKE EYES/WOLF 65356925178

GIJ COBRA COMMANDER 65356925180

GIJ RED NINJA 65356927467

GIJ BEACHHEAD 65356925983

GIJ SERPENTOR 65356925979

GIJ SHIPWRECK 65356927465

GIJ LADY JAYE 65356925981

ALSO THERE ARE TWO MORE 5 PACKS THAT ARE CROSS REFERENCED WITH THE FIRST TWO:

GIJ ANNVSRY KEY DRV 65356922815

GIJ ANSRY COBRA PC 65356926758

Not alot of surprises here I know but I don't think that the Red Ninja had been confirmed quite yet. Also I wonder what the Cobra PC five pack is describing exactly. Sounds like we are getting a Joe Key Driver five pack to maybe go along with future vehicles that may not include figures???? That would be great as it could keep the price of them down slightly. On other news, my Wal-Mart has still not gotten any single packs or five packs in. So all I have Joe wise is to watch the system for updates everyday. @grumpy@

Since these UPC things have turned out to be pretty spot-on for this line... I'm happy to see the Red Ninja named. So many fans in the Joe community have been saying the Storm Shadow repaint in Wave 3 would be a specific character, either the International "Satan" repaint from the 80s, or the Devil's Due character Sei-Tin, who was based on that obscure repaint.

This never made any sense to me, the idea that Hasbro would go with someone mostly unknown (Satan) or thoroughly despised (Sei-Tin represents the worst of DDP's ninja idiocy, starring in the only DDP miniseries that sold so poorly, it's never been collected in Trade.)

The generic Red Ninja was exactly what I expected, and I'm glad that's what we're getting.

The generic Red Ninja was exactly what I expected, and I'm glad that's what we're getting.

I'm pretty relieved as well. I was hoping it would be either a red ninja or like the blue ninja-viper.

-PJ

There's no possible way this "Red Ninja" is Jinx right? If I'm not mistaken she was originally red?

I'm pretty relieved as well. I was hoping it would be either a red ninja or like the blue ninja-viper.

-PJ

There's no possible way this "Red Ninja" is Jinx right? If I'm not mistaken she was originally red?

:ph34r: Ooo! I didn't think of that. That would be cool.

-PJ

we've already seen the shadow of the card art, and there doesn't appear to be anything remotely close to Jinx.

i think he means the lack of a boob silhouette ;) plus jinx never had a bow :/

i'm really looking forward to the red ninja figure actually. i think that the 25th ss is my favorite figure in terms of sculpting look and feel so it will be cool to get several of him in red!

i have yet to see the new joes in stores anyone else having trouble finding them?

i have only seen them at tru and even then no single packs just the 5 packs. i still need some cobra officers and a flint!!!!! well.... maybe just some officers ;)

i have yet to see the new joes in stores anyone else having trouble finding them?

I am. But that's because we don't have any TRU or K-Marts here. Only Wal-Mart, Target, and KB. And none of those guys seem to be in a big hurry to stock these.

Red Ninja is the only figure that doesn't make any sense to me. I know why they did it, so they could do a simple repaint of Storm Shadow... but it doesn't make sense character wise.

he isn't a factor in my Joe universe, never was

Red Ninja is the only figure that doesn't make any sense to me. I know why they did it, so they could do a simple repaint of Storm Shadow... but it doesn't make sense character wise.

Considering the Red Ninjas were a major part of "Silent Interlude", still considered one of the best GIJoe stories, comic or cartoon, I'd say there's plenty of sense in choosing them as the Army Builder figure for this wave. And having a repaint in the wave that's *also* an army builder is how they keep shelfwarmers to a minimum. Aside from your personal feelings, there's no part of this equation that isn't an instant sense-maker.

he isn't a factor in my Joe universe, never was

The Red Ninjas are a faction, not a single person. They are the renegade remnants of the Arashikage clan, and have allied themselves with Storm Shadow, Zartan, Firefly, Sei-Tin, and eventually Tj'bang and Storm Shadow (again) as the new Arashikage clan... which means for anyone who likes them, they can be used as allies or enemies of any number of characters.

Again, I'm happy that Hasbro's doing this, and that characters like Billy are even up for consideration. They may not be for you, but they *are* part of the GIJoe mythos. They deserve recognition in the anniversary line, too.