Noob '07 Convention Questions

DPrime

I posted this in that other thread, but I thought maybe there were others like me who find the whole MasterCollector site a bit confusing when it comes to joining/going to your first con...

First was this... I assume that the Friday "Private Sales Experience" means you get an early crack at the deals on the floor, correct? Do you still have to register in the morning if you pre-register with the package deal for the figure set? And who gets first dibs on the other exclusives? I assume being a member helps, either price wise or just having the opportunity to get one?

Registration check-in will be on Thursday evening from 6pm-9:30pm and dealer drop-off will start at 7:30pm. Registration times will be assigned according to the order in which your forms are received. In addition, walk up registrations will not be taken until Friday morning. In order to purchase any of the convention souvenirs on Thursday night, you must wear your convention name badge that you will receive at registration.

Friday morning will continue with late registration, dealer set-up and seminars. Contest registration will be from 7am-noon. This year we are excited about the parachute drop on Friday morning. This drop will be breath taking as the Marriott Marquis is the world’s largest indoor atrium hotel. It will be a spectacular site watching over 300 special edition 8” Cobra Red Ninjas parachute 47 floors to the ballroom lobby!

On Friday morning, there will also be special collecting seminars and on Friday afternoon, we will open the sales floor for the registered guest’s Private Sales Experience.

So, if I understand this correctly, the best thing to do is pre-register, so I don't have to wait in line Friday morning (or maybe I do to get my figure set?), do whatever's going on in the morning, have lunch then hit the floor for early deals? Or maybe going Friday is unnecessary...? (If I can save one night at the hotel, why not, right?)

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to add them to this thread...

Well, myself I don't pre-register. I wait and head downstairs Friday morning at around 7:30 and they open up for business around 8. Beats waiting in the gi-normous lines on Thursday night. At least I think so.

Go ahead and pre-register, you can pick your stuff up the next day like Aly. The only reason I can think of for being there that night is for the extras exclusive to the event to be sure you get them b4 they are sold out.

Go ahead and pre-register, you can pick your stuff up the next day like Aly. The only reason I can think of for being there that night is for the extras exclusive to the event to be sure you get them b4 they are sold out.

So when do those become available exactly?

I always like to pre-reg. I'm not sure u can get in to the friday early bird if u don't pre-reg. U have to stand in the long lines and that sucks! Besides u wouldn't get the big "arse" cool badge wit your name on it and where your from, so we all can know who u are!

I believe only if u pre-reg u can pick up one pre box set of the exclusives that night! Includin a loose set anyone who did not pre-reg has to wait till the next day. Or if u want more then one exclusive and only got one box set.

I believe only if u pre-reg u can pick up one pre box set of the exclusives that night! Includin a loose set anyone who did not pre-reg has to wait till the next day. Or if u want more then one exclusive and only got one box set.

Sorry, is that Thursday or Friday night?

What do you think they're going to do with all those 8" Red Ninjas?

The Red Ninjas will be tossed from the top of the hotel for the para drop, if you catch one you keep it! Thursday night is Convention check in, it starts around 6pm, everybody lines up and chat and pick up your box set and free attendee item and badges. Then if you want you can get in line to purchase the other Convention exclusives from the Club store. (Convention exclusives are limited to 1 of each per badge on thursday and friday morning) Friday morning you can also check in, the para drop is usally about 10am, sometimes there is a noon roundtable. The dealer room opens up for previews at about 1pm and closes at around 4pm. If you need any other info just ask!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

The Red Ninjas will be tossed from the top of the hotel for the para drop, if you catch one you keep it! Thursday night is Convention check in, it starts around 6pm, everybody lines up and chat and pick up your box set and free attendee item and badges. Then if you want you can get in line to purchase the other Convention exclusives from the Club store. (Convention exclusives are limited to 1 of each per badge on thursday and friday morning) Friday morning you can also check in, the para drop is usally about 10am, sometimes there is a noon roundtable. The dealer room opens up for previews at about 1pm and closes at around 4pm. If you need any other info just ask!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

Hey Michael, do you happen to know if there is going to be an attendee 3/3/4 parachute figure? I only ask since it is the 25th anniversary of 3/3/4 and I would think that GIJCC would have a 3/3/4 parachute figure.

Michael,

I had a question about the convention exclusives. I know you mentioned that they would be limited to 1 per badge.

I was planning to purchase 2 more sets of the exclusives for family that couldn't make it.

Would I have to buy 2 additional convention packages in order to be granted additional badges for each?

Thanks.

Hey Michael, do you happen to know if there is going to be an attendee 3/3/4 parachute figure? I only ask since it is the 25th anniversary of 3/3/4 and I would think that GIJCC would have a 3/3/4 parachute figure.

The only thing I know for sure is the 8"(Sigma style) Red Ninja for the "Paradrop" per the brochure. They MAY do something else, but so far have not gotten any answers to our questions on the Club forum. Will let you know if we find anything out.

I had a question about the convention exclusives. I know you mentioned that they would be limited to 1 per badge.

I was planning to purchase 2 more sets of the exclusives for family that couldn't make it.

Would I have to buy 2 additional convention packages in order to be granted additional badges for each?

The first day (thursday night and friday morning) the convention exclusives are limited to one per badge. This is to make sure everyone has a chance to get at least one of each of the exclusives. Then on Friday afternoon or possibly saturday, they will allow you to purchase as many as you want.

So basicly the Mauler(speculated but pretty much a lock), Piper (confirmed), and probably a 2 pack of figures will be limited to one each on thursday night check in and friday morning. Then after that time you will be allowed to buy as many as you want of each. Hope that helps!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

Okay, so just to get everything straight...

To get the extra exclusives (for certain), I should pre-register so I can get them Thursday night along with the figure set. Or I can (most likely) get them Friday morning, whether I pre-register or not. Correct?

Since I'm flying in I'll really have to come Thursday either way, though...

Now do I have to be a member for the extra exclusives? Do members get discounts and/or are guaranteed to get one if they want?

Okay, so just to get everything straight...

To get the extra exclusives (for certain), I should pre-register so I can get them Thursday night along with the figure set. Or I can (most likely) get them Friday morning, whether I pre-register or not. Correct?

Correct!

Since I'm flying in I'll really have to come Thursday either way, though...

Thursday registration is a fun night and is the kick off for the convention. If you are there come down to the check in area and just hang out and have fun.

Now do I have to be a member for the extra exclusives? Do members get discounts and/or are guaranteed to get one if they want?

You do not have to be a member and there is no price diffrence AT the convention. There is no guarantee to get one, that is why they made the limit 1 per badge to try and help assure people can get at least one. I really do not see any exclusives selling out before saturday night.

Though if you are not a member, join up then order your set, or join/renew while at the convention as you will be able to get this years membership figure(Copperhead) and you will also get next years figure when that one is shipped!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

Micheal- They did not give out the club member ship figure last year. I asked specifically because I'd let my membership lapse so I could get an extra. It's not something they do every year, but have done in the past.

Really? I swore they did it last year, I remember talking with someone who did it and I was cursing the fact that I had already renewed at the beginning of June. Well sorry for misinforming, blame it on the late night and a lousy weekend!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!