'Transformers' Crush Box Office in China

RC_rika

"Transformers" took Hollywood by storm July 4th weekend in the USA and it looks to be doing the same in Asia. Since opening in Mainland China last week, the blockbuster robot movie has earned over 100 million yuan / around 13 million USD. With first-week sales like this, "Transformers" has surpassed all the other American films released in China this year. Beating out Pirates of the Caribbean 3 with 80 million yuan / 10 million USD and Spiderman 3 with 10 million yuan / 1.3 million USD in their first week of showing.

Woohoo!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It opens there July 25th! :D

Could this become the biggest movie ever worldwide speaking?

It's got 1.5 billion left to go if it wants to take on Titanic for the number one spot.

so far Transformers is in 97th place in world wide box office sales

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross?region=world-wide

Could this become the biggest movie ever worldwide speaking?

Not even close. It is my favorite movie of the year and I want it to make as much as possible, but it would be a great feat for it to even be the #1 movie this year because of all the stiff competition. Pirates & Spidey made A LOT of money and Potter will make a ton of money overseas as well. It has a long way to go.

But Transformers could pick up some more... they're still showing ads here, trying to get more people to go see it! Not everyone who could have watched it has gone to see it!

so harry potter is only 40 million away from passin Transformers. I bet he'll fly by in the next few days

Huh? How do you figure? If you're talking domestically, it's $71 million behind...if you're talking worldwide it's $25 million behind so not sure where you got that number from.

Potter has been out 8 days and Transformers is tracking ahead of it by about $7-8 million when it was at the same point. My prediction is it won't pass TFs domestically and when it finally opens in Japan, China, UK, etc. it will leave Potter in the dust.

Huh?! It opened in China already? Its still not on in HK and won't be until July 27th... Hmmmm

Huh?! It opened in China already? Its still not on in HK and won't be until July 27th... Hmmmm

Dude OUch! I figured you would have seen it by now haha!

Hey when you guys get movies are they in english or are they crappy dubs?.. Or do they sub them?..

so harry potter is only 40 million away from passin Transformers. I bet he'll fly by in the next few days

Huh? How do you figure? If you're talking domestically, it's $71 million behind...if you're talking worldwide it's $25 million behind so not sure where you got that number from.

because you posted a few days after me, and the numbers changed :P

because you posted a few days after me, and the numbers changed :P

LOL. Huh? I posted not even a full 24 hours after you, not a few days. And the foreign numbers have not been updated since July 15th...so...they didn't magically change between yesterday when u posted and today when I replied, so try to weasel out of that one if you can, LOL. @smilepunch@

l got my numbers from that site

last updated july 19th. it updates every day. when I posted it was 40 mil behind, transformers was in 92nd place, when I first checked it was 97th, now its 91st, and will be updated today, we'll see what the numbers are like again :)

you did get me on the few days error, but it still updates all the time, which is why my numbes were different then yours

right now it sais potter is 26 million behind.

91. Transformers (2007) $384,602,379

110. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) $358,038,316

Dam...Harry Potta just passed Transformers...dam...how could it be? :(

j/k :P

Dude OUch! I figured you would have seen it by now haha!

Hey when you guys get movies are they in english or are they crappy dubs?.. Or do they sub them?..

They are in English if they are Western films! LOL No Dubs unless they are huge release Animations like Happy Feet, Ratatoulie etc. In which case, there are usually 2 versions! ~

Most English movies are subbed too!!

l got my numbers from that site

last updated july 19th. it updates every day. when I posted it was 40 mil behind, transformers was in 92nd place, when I first checked it was 97th, now its 91st, and will be updated today, we'll see what the numbers are like again :)

you did get me on the few days error, but it still updates all the time, which is why my numbes were different then yours

right now it sais potter is 26 million behind.

91. Transformers (2007) $384,602,379

110. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) $358,038,316

Yeah, it is tough to track because it depends how often they update their Int'l numbers. Most sites update domestic numbers everyday, but not foreign. I just looked at 3 sites and got 3 different numbers, lol.

IMDB-$388,863,503

BOXOFFICE MOJO- $389,120,786

thenumbers.com- $402,463,503

uh oh, getting close

84. Transformers (2007) $409,369,000

88. Harry Potter (2007) $397,841,000

:P

and we got 3 days till Transformers is released in Japan, so harry MIGHT just fly by him, but then Transformers will jump up again