TOYS R US in NYC = Awful

cajunthief

Just awful.

Whoever is in charge of the action figures department should be ashamed.

MARVEL -

Still no Hasbro Legends Wave 2, but a ridculous amount of Wave 1 collecting a ton of dust. Also tons of Silver Wolverine, but no Silver Surfer Exclusive. Like anyone would want the real "silver" character.

They have the two multi-packs of the SuperHero Sqaud Packs (Angel repainted, Grey Hulk, etc...) but neither of the two Mega-packs (Sentinel, Galactus),and none of the new 2-packs (Iceman, Beast, etc...).

Spider-man movie crapolla coming out their ears.

DC -

JLU figures, HA! Single-carded figures include Batman, Superman, Dr. Light and Steel. Three-packs include the likes of Shining Knight. What are these, three waves old? Where's the Hawkman and Joker 3-packs? Blue Devil, Kyle Rayner GL single-cards? More and more new waves are hitting as we speak.

And not for nothing, but Superman Returns is long gone. Time to get rid of all that Superman Returns merchandise at a discount store already.

G.I.Joe -

25th Anniversary? Not a one. Even the Sigma Six stuff stopped with the Tunnel Rat wave. I had to get Shipwreck from a guy in Florida through eBay. A shame too, since they dedicated a whole wall to G.I.Joe, with life-size figures parachuting down from the ceiling. What a waste.

McFarlane -

Makes sense they keep the sports up to stock, with 9 local teams (Mets, Yankees, Giants, Jets, Devils, Islanders, Rangers, Nets, Knicks), but where's the rest? They made a big-to-do with Lost Series 1 (even had Jorge Garcia there), but no Lost 2 (yet I can get them online from as close as PA?).

NECA -

Please, don't make me laugh.

Talk about a golden opportunity just wasted. FAO Schwartz is now basically, just a museum. Between the millions of people who live here, and millions more who visit, you'd think the toy companies would want their products in full abundance and proudly displayed for all to see. This Toys R Us might as well be in a town of 900 in the middle of East No-where.

@grumpy@

i dont think tru in period has gotten ml series 2, some tru's have gotten the new wave of batman figs but not all of them, gijoe just started to hit like this past week

and the only place ive seen the exclusive silver surfer is walmart

Surfer was a WalMart exclusive? Guess that explains why I haven't seen it at Toys R Us. My bad on that one. Still, this is a mega-Toys R Us, with 3 huge floors. While the Lost figures and Hawkman JLU are just hitting, there are plenty of thers that have been out awhile.

Maybe the entire toy collecting hobby will go to just strictly on-line sales. I'd hate it, but it really seems that that is where it is heading.

The entire top floor of Toys / NYC should be figures and such, filled to the gills with...

Marvel (Hasbro, Bowen Designs, Art Asylum, etc...)

DC (Mattel, DC Direct, Art Asylum)

G.I.Joe

Transformers

Star Wars

WWE

McFarlane (Sports, TV, Movies, Dragons, Spawn)

NECA (Movies)

MezCo (Family Guy, Movies)

Well, you get the idea. With such a large space, and the opportunities to be creative (besides the Joes parachuting down, they have that life size roaring dinosaur, Superman holding up a truck, and Spider-Man shooting a web out), they should be going nuts up in that section. A life-size Optimus Prime would be my first addition.

Oh well, back to eBay.

For me TRU has only ever been good for Transformers. The Times Square one is still the best I've been to. (Only ever been there once mind so I wouldnt know how good it is most of the time)

The TRU in Time Square is really no different then any other TRU, it's more flashy, but they basically carry the exact same product as every other TRU in the country. The GIJoe probably already sold out, and no TRU has gotten in ML2 yet.

Toys R Us sucks everywhere. From there lack of available product to their lukewarm attitude toward customer service, it's no surprise they've closed down several stores. I would imagine the entire chain to be non-existent within 10 years, seriously. I live in Denver and there are 3 stores in the metro area, 2 of which I visit semi-regularly. It's the same story here, a wall of empty pegs for GI Joe, Marvel Legends 15 is now on sale for $5 each, the only new MLs are peg after peg of that awesome Emma Frost sculpt and Wolverine in silver, WTF?? Never any Star Wars figures, just more empty pegs. Anyone have a different story in their hometown TRU? Cause NY conditions sound identical to Denver from here.

I haven't been to the TRU in NYC for awhile...last time I went, I didn't have any complaints..but they had lots of ML stuff at the time, so I guess it's not worth a visit any longer? I still really liked KB in the Mall of America NY...haven't been there since last summer, but they usually have good finds for me.

the only time they have anything is when they open up at 10 am. all the new items are bought by scalpers, collectors, and tourists (in that order) right away and the older items sit forever. the sigma 6 section is gross, they had those same guys for 1 yr now. they had the batman wave a couple of weeks ago but sold out quick. ml are stuck on series 1 until they sell out (or in the rare chance they clearance them out). the only good products that they get constantly are transformers and star wars (again though you have to be there early to buy the good figures especially for star wars). then they charge an extra 2-5 dollars for almost everything to boot.

i work in manhattan and by the time i get over there at 5:30 all the stuff i would like to buy is gone so i rarely go there anymore. there are some trus in queens which are much better and you don't have to deal with all the flashly bs tourist trap nonsense.

Believe me it's the same thing in Toys R Us thoughout Texas as well. The last time I got anything good at their stores was the reissue Soundwave. But Cajun you're not wrong man. I wouldn' be surprised if Toys R Us announced soon that they will be shutting down.

I've heard that Toys R Us was passing on Marvel Legends Wave 2 because they're still so overstocked on the last two Toy Biz waves and because the first Hasbro wave didn't very well. I don't think this means that they're not carrying Marvel Legends anymore but I think they're definitely skipping Wave 2.

I think we can blame Hasbro on this for such a lackluster first wave. Xorn? Banshee? With all due apologies to the Banshee Fan Club, I don't think that this guy is going to attract the number of buyers that TRU is looking for.

well banshee would have sold better if the mold was actually decent, it just looks plain stupid.

Last time I checked, I couldn't find anything in NYC either...

i found an aotc gunship for 9.00 last year on clearance (not at tru ts), that movie was out some yrs ago. yeah tru ts stinks, i guess they think the tourists will buy their items at full price (which is sorta true, the few i have been there, tourists were buying the way overpriced lego sets etc, guess they don't have them in their country or it is cheaper for them).

TRU is totally aweful here in Austin, Tx. Same deal here with tons of Emmas, silver wolvies & some ML 15 figs of Longshot, Psylocke, Luke & tons of Spidey movie crap figures. I go like once a month & they never fail to disappoint me. I just get my ML/DCSH figs at Walmart & Target.

TRU will be history in the next 5-10 yrs.

Aw man that sucks to here. I'm moving to NYC in a month and was looking forward to easier access of the odd impossible to get figure in Canada. I guess not so much, the Calgary TRU has the same crap.

Aw man that sucks to here. I'm moving to NYC in a month and was looking forward to easier access of the odd impossible to get figure in Canada. I guess not so much, the Calgary TRU has the same crap.

yeah you are screwed. tru in queens ny are better. also try target, they are pretty good at keeping stock of currents wave. no walmarts so that sucks (in nyc, there are some in ny state).

lol, if you can find the Target in NYC, ive yet to find the actual store. There is a huge flashy Target sign, but no store to be found, at least that I could find. There is a Kmart near the train station.

lol, if you can find the Target in NYC, ive yet to find the actual store. There is a huge flashy Target sign, but no store to be found, at least that I could find. There is a Kmart near the train station.

I only know of the Target in Queens. Is there another in Manhattan? And that KMart isn't bad, the only problem with it is that they stock relatively small quantities of everything and get sold out pretty fast. At least that's been my experience with it so far.

But I have to generally agree with everyone here, lately, this year has been a hard year for my figure hunting so far here in NYC.

What's funny is I just went yesterday to see if they had the LOST Wave 2 yet, and, big surprise, no dice. Just a few Shannon's at clearance.

Bummed, I went next store to Virgin Megastore. Wandering around and what do I see, LOST Wave 2. Tons of all 4 characters.

Virgin is the same store I get my Family Guy figures at as well. Maybe TRU should start selling music?