G1 voices to make a comeback in new toon

Wheeljack35

Wikipedia has never been a reliable source of completely reliable information. Most of that was revealed at Botcon through the David Kaye or Hasbro panels, and never once was it said Weird Al would voice "Wreck Gar", but he IS due for a cameo as dump truck.

Edit: Nevermind, it is the TF wiki so Dave Willis and crew are updating it. Still, I don't recall any mention of Wreck Gar at the panels

Cool... Susan Blu needs to rest... maybe I should voice Arcee! ^_^

Yeah, too bad the cartoon will suck terribly...

That IS true... :( But Let's hope for the best!

Yea, since we've seen soo much of it and can make truly informed opinions on it..

Yea, since we've seen soo much of it and can make truly informed opinions on it..

Thats why i will wait till I see a couple of episodes before I judge it. Who knows, after seeing, we may think it its the best thing since Beast Wars.

Autobots in the role of super-heroes with super powers

Human super villains

Decepticons downplayed

Stand alone episodes

Fights between Autobots and Decepticons downplayed as well

Those reasons coupled with the posters we've seen and the fact that it's the same animation style as Teen Titans (which I hate incredibly) tell me all I need to know. That and the fact that there hasn't been a good Transformers show since Beast Wars.

Also, show-accurate toys; can't blame the cartoon for that, but it's still lame.

None of which would give a true feel for characterization, plot lines, etc. And what does your opinion about bw have to do about anything? Do you think that it's no longer possible to have a good tf cartoon?

What would you (and anyone else who'd like to answer) think of the show if the story and characters were good, but you didn't like the animation style?

1. Lets not say it sucks til we see it. If you can recall how bad everyone thought the movie was gonna suck a year ago.

2. I cant see RC Rika doing Arcee. She sounds to much like Grimlock to me :P

Autobots in the role of super-heroes with super powers

Human super villains

Decepticons downplayed

Stand alone episodes

Fights between Autobots and Decepticons downplayed as well

Those reasons coupled with the posters we've seen and the fact that it's the same animation style as Teen Titans (which I hate incredibly) tell me all I need to know. That and the fact that there hasn't been a good Transformers show since Beast Wars.

Also, show-accurate toys; can't blame the cartoon for that, but it's still lame.

Addressing your points one by one here.

Autobots had super-powers in G1. Blurr's super-speed, Windcharger's magnetism, Skywarp's teleportation, and various others.

Human supervillains were in the comics. Circuit Breaker. The Robot Master.

The Decepticons being downplayed could make them all the more impressive. Sort of the big bad End of Season Holy Crap We Are So Boned Villains.

It's not total Stand Alone Episodes. Episodic stuff does not mean there isn't an over-arcing plot. Look at Justice League. Teen Titans. Ben 10. Freakin' BEAST WARS. The way some folks react, what y'all have in mind would be simply the first episode over and over since it'd go back to status quo at the end like nothing ever happened.

I've not heard anything about the Bot/Con fights being downplayed. I would imagine they're saved for the big episodes, like end of season as I mentioned before.

And another thing to keep in mind is that this is a cartoon primarily aimed at kids, that will be played on Cartoon Network. They're going with what's worked well so far, and tweaked it a bit to work with Transformers.

1. Lets not say it sucks til we see it. If you can recall how bad everyone thought the movie was gonna suck a year ago.

2. I cant see RC Rika doing Arcee. She sounds to much like Grimlock to me :P

oh then maybe you could do Arcee then? I know how feminine you sound... :P Besides, Grimlock is kick ass. I can do an okay impression of him too. @lol@

Guest DavAnthony

Maybe someday we'll get good voice actors (looks they have them for Teen Trasnfor....uh I mean Transformers Animated) -which hasn't happened since GI and then Beast Wars/Machines ALONG with good animation that isn't this stylized crap everyone seems rapid over these days. I think it will be a cold day in hell before that happens but one can dream.

I can't belive this got reported as news... Didn't we already get a lil voice list from botcon?.. Let me go into wiki & put the original voice of megatron down as this toons megatrons

It really makes no sense to hire these OTHER G1 VAs when they turned Michael Bell down for Prowl.

They turned down origianl g1 voice actors for the movie?.. That in it self makes no sense!

It really makes no sense to hire these OTHER G1 VAs when they turned Michael Bell down for Prowl.

They turned down origianl g1 voice actors for the movie?.. That in it self makes no sense!

No, Michael Bell tried out for TF:Animated and was turned down.

I can't belive this got reported as news... Didn't we already get a lil voice list from botcon?.. Let me go into wiki & put the original voice of megatron down as this toons megatrons

I didn't have a comp while Botcon was going on

think about it