Some look like cra*

So for those who have seen them in stores now what do you think?.. Some of them look really bad compared to the old ml line up & even the old sdcc photos and such that we have seen of them... If this is what there first wave looks like I'm not sure this company is going to be around for long :S

So for those who have seen them in stores now what do you think?.. Some of them look really bad compared to the old ml line up & even the old sdcc photos and such that we have seen of them... If this is what there first wave looks like I'm not sure this company is going to be around for long :S

They do? I wonder how the ppl who has been bashing Hasbro and praising Toybiz beinga ll that will take it.

Reminds me of when ppl compared the SOTA sf figures to the hd ones.

Anyways, as ppl said before, protos normally look better than the ones sold at retail. I have yet to see them in person, but what you say is true, I agree, they might not last as long. The difference betwen these and marvel legends is that the majority of ppl who collects ML knows the characters. Where as when LBCH was announced with pics, not many knew the characters, but wanted to buy them because of how detailed they are. If the figures are not good as the protos, they might not do as well at retail; I mean detail sculpting is what made Mcfarlane toys popular. Time will tell

This was to be expected. The protos were amazing, but the final product isn't usually ever that good, and so we are left with figures that are pretty much what Toy Biz had previously been producing. I will try to get them all, since they would go well with MLs, and now DCSH, but yeah who knows how long they will last, 'cause of character selection/popularity. I never read much Top Cow or Image, so I'm not familiar with like half of the characters (I've seen them before, but have no idea who they are).

I hope this line sticks around long enough to get an Invincible, Atom Eve, Allen the Alien, and a whole slew of other Invincible characters. I wonder if we would ever get Walking Dead figures... would they be black and white like Marv?

I'm not usely one to stick up for TB(sick and tired of people complainging about Hasbro's figs when some of em are pretty good/just as good/better then what TB would have done, and the 2 wave of Hulk figures look AWESOME) but i'll go a head and stick up for some of these LCBH for a change.

Savage Dragon is pretty nice looking from pics.

Super Patriot is awesome(minus the over done wash on his shirt)

Ripclaw is great.

Madman seems to be a good figure just happens to be based off of a goofy looking character, nothing ya can do.

Dredd while ok looking could have REALLY used a beefier body, currently he's just to thin to be ol Dredd.

Witchblade is the main looser out of the bunch, face is bleh, has no swivels in her arms at all besides the standard up and down one at the shoulder(sorry but Hasbro elbows beat double elbows that lack a swivel anyday) plus her torso looks WAAAAAAAAY to thin.(Anorexic Witchblade with HUGE breast implants yup)

And Pitt looks good i guess for who its supposed to be but his design is just meh IMO, a wanna be Hulk with an ugly face and chains, not very interesting to me.

The Conan in the 2 pack is AWESOME looking, Wrarrl is kinda meh, but being plain ain't really a crime i guess.

(remember this is all from seeing pics)

Fellas I understand why you would be frustrated, I would be too If I was still collecting ML, but venting it isn't going to make matters any better. You can make-up anything you want to try and point out the short-comings of these figures, but anyone who has been collecting TB ML since series 1 can easily tell you that that Is all just a bunch of BS. It's alright to be in denial,but saying things that just aren't true is a pathetic new low for you guys...come on will ya, quit grasping for something that isn't there anymore your just showing everybody how close you're coming to scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Fellas I understand why you would be frustrated, I would be too If I was still collecting ML, but venting it isn't going to make matters any better. You can make-up anything you want to try and point out the short-comings of these figures, but anyone who has been collecting TB ML since series 1 can easily tell you that that Is all just a bunch of BS. It's alright to be in denial,but saying things that just aren't true is a pathetic new low for you guys...come on will ya, quit grasping for something that isn't there anymore your just showing everybody how close you're coming to scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Hey fella, are you trolling for attention, or are you trying to contribute?

I've been collecting ML since wave 1, and they've had their dogs. If the figures have problems, they have problems--but the point here is that some will like them and some won't.

Seems like you've wrapped your identity around defending Toybiz stuff.

I ask, why the need to do that?

If you like one and not the other..........fine.......it makes neither more or less supierior, nor does it make you or anyone else superior.

Its just a choice.

Don't make the choosing into a slight, ok?

Do that and you'll show everyone here you are in this to participate, not to agitate.

I think they are all pretty good except for WitchBlade.

I really like them and I am going to buy them all. I don't feel let down by them at all.

I've just seen packaged and loose shots from online so far but they look like the same quality the Legends used to be.

I'll be getting the Savage Dragon and Conan set for sure. The rest I'll decide in person.

I've only got the Conan-Wrarral 2 pack. I think they are quite decent figures! I like Wrarral a tad more though.

Looking forward to seeing the rest! ~

I think they look great and I will be getting them all! Which I didn't plan on doing till I saw the packaged and open pics. It made me realize just how much I really do miss Toybiz.

I look forward to these hitting in my area.

look good to me

What's funny is there is nothing to compare. Its apples and oranges. Seems like some of you are trying to justifiy buying this line purely to try and spite Hasbro or something. I seriously doubt Hasbro could care less if you buy these or not. However I think most people are gonna determine whether to get these on whether or not they are interested in the character, not on which company has better quality. I don't know about you but if i really like Witchblade or Savage Dragon, im probably going to buy the MT figure. If I really Like She-Hulk and Yellowjacket im gonna buy the Hasbro figures. Where Hasbro has the edge and the way I see it Marvel Toys has a huge uphill battle to overcome is how they are going to get people to buy characters they know lilttle to nothing about. If you really want to support this line and try and entice people to buy it, if it were me, I would quit trying to turn this into a Hasbro vs. Marvel Toys/Toy Biz and focus on the characters themselves. Tell people why a Witchblade, Savage Dragon or Ripclaw character is so deserving of a figure to begin with.

Ding, well said Jay! I am not sold this line will last for some of the reasons you mentioned. It will be a uphill battle for MT. I know I only plan to buy the characters that I know or the figs that end up looking to cool to pass in my eyes.

Draven

I saw the Witchblade figure and no matter who made it (hasbro, mattel, etc) it's horrible. plain and simple.

I didnt' see the others so they must've been picked up. I like the Darkness so I look forward to that figure.

wb9.jpg

the one on the left was done years ago. Now that witch looked good.

I don't think the line will do very well cause they're just not a lot of recognizable characters. Don't get me wrong i want alot of indie comic characters but many people buy figures of people they know. Like, I collect marvel legends because i like marvel, not because of articulation or detail.

I don't think the line will do very well cause they're just not a lot of recognizable characters. Don't get me wrong i want alot of indie comic characters but many people buy figures of people they know. Like, I collect marvel legends because i like marvel, not because of articulation or detail.

Well, here is were a little brand confusion can work in Marvel Toys' favour.

The packaging has the words "LEGENDary Comicbook Heroes" and the words "MARVEL Toys" on it, so the ignorant consumer may well assume that these are Marvel comics characters.

Of course they are not, only Conan was once published by Marvel, none of the rest have--but that is really beside the point here.

The fact that they are superhero/comicbook characters, which are currently in vogue right now is probably going to be enough to sell them.

They apparently have a bit of a bio/background write-up on the back describing who the characters are--which will probably be the one thing that can really spare the lack of association.

Alot of characters are Image superheroes, and back in the 90's, alot of image books sold very large numbers. That means that there are people out there that do know these characters to a degree.

The styling and design of the characters will be another thing that can work in favour, plus the BAF gimmick. Pitt is a very visually appealing character, as are most of the line shown. The few figures that people maybe be leery of, like Witchblade, will probably sell-through just so consumers can complete Pitt.

As long as the brand offers visually interesting characters, I think it'll have enough legs. Adding in classic properties cannot hurt them either--if that is the plan.

I think the emphasis will be on superhero type characters for the time being, so they have quite alot they could tap into.

For example, a classic character that would be amazing in this line would be Dick Tracy, or Tarzan-- amongst others like The Phantom, or Flash Gordon.

Dont forget, Toybiz was tapping into quite a few obscure characters in the Marvel Legends line itself--Deathlok and Man-Wolf being pretty good examples. Alot of times what made those figures sell was good old visual appeal--let's not discount it.

Marvel Toys just has to be very savvy with their character selection here to make it work.

I saw the Witchblade figure and no matter who made it (hasbro, mattel, etc) it's horrible. plain and simple.

I didnt' see the others so they must've been picked up. I like the Darkness so I look forward to that figure.

wb9.jpg

Well that sthe problem with too much articulation on a figure. Many times less is better.

wb9.jpg

Well that sthe problem with too much articulation on a figure. Many times less is better.

This is true, but only in one pose; any articulation whatsoever was pointless on the "statuesque" MAC Witchblade(who the Hell is actually going pose 5pts. in any position other than what you see in the package?). I honestly think people are being a bit hard on LH's. Despite her lack of upper-arm joint and the exagerated ab-region, she's really not that bad. Where these figures have always shined is when they are actually posed. I can't think of many MLs of past (or present) that look that great or have "natural-contraposto" when displayed in static, upright poses. Put them in some dynamic stances however, and they appear 100% better (that's the point of articulation folks!). Those who want photo-realistic sculpts and display their 30+ pt. art. in stoic line-ups have been missing the point entirely and wasting their time and money...buy a statue for pete's-sake and StFU.

Ding, well said Jay! I am not sold this line will last for some of the reasons you mentioned. It will be a uphill battle for MT. I know I only plan to buy the characters that I know or the figs that end up looking to cool to pass in my eyes.

Draven

Exactly what i'm going to do, buy Dragon and Patriot because i know them, and Ripclaw and the Conan 2 pack because they are just to cool to pass on while i feel Dredd wasn't done Justice and i just don't give a crap about the Madman design/character and Witchblade is horribly done.

I got them, and yea, there were some paint issues, but overall they're all pretty descent. I kept Ripclaw and traded off the others simply because I just didn't want them. I wanted Pitt. I built Pitt. He looks incredible! His right leg won't attach. That pisses me off, but he stands on it okay. My big question is how many of them are like this, or is it just one or two of them here and there? Anyway, I like them. I like my big 'ol gimp Pitt!

• 2 weeks later...

dent, you could trying softening the socket a tad w/ a hairdryer...i got my pitt to assemble only after some serious straining...that plastic is HARD! but everything fit together tightly once snapped on. my kids are digging these figs and have no idea who the guys are, just that they look cool. they've really gravitated towards dragon the most cuz i think he stands most, but they love him. i think the line will be alright due to the packaging which definitely pops on the peg and the characters who will intrigue any curious child...or parent on a toy budget cuz they're retailing less than ML. as for the comic fans out there, so far, every character is fro ma book not published by the "bigs" but that sold well when it was new and still has an audience of people who enjoyed those comics and never saw toys of those characters.

and for the guys doing the side-by-side witchblades, break it down and do a michael crawford style review of each and be honest...the AC witchy had HALF the paint aps, almost non-existant articulation and less sculptural detailing. witchy ain't my fav female fig either, but she more than holds up to the counterpart pictured. and baron's right, pose that witchblade and try again w/ the photo. really, her eyes (which are bad, i give you) are i think the worst feature on the whole fig.