Hasbro at SDCC Report

General_Hawk

damn.. freebie figure, AND Sgt. Slaughter.. :( wish I lived in Cali...

I wonder what the freebie figure is...

It's probably the gold-helmeted steel brigade figure that Hasbro has been stockpiling all these years. @hmmm@

damn.. freebie figure, AND Sgt. Slaughter.. :( wish I lived in Cali...

I wonder what the freebie figure is...

um joe you need to check your glasses again. There is no mention of a freebie figure. It says Freebie item. Hasbro always gives freebie stuff at their booths, but I don't think its gonna be anything like a figure.

I wish i could get someone to grab me one of each destro :(

Yeah, but that person would have to not want their Gold head version b/c they can only buy 1. WTF Hasbro???

oh.. wheeew... lol.. I don't know why I read freebie figure... oops

lol.. I wonder how fast that got spread around the net @loll@

Free items???????

You mean they are giving away USS Flaggs and Defiant Space Complex sets????????

Just I pour gasoline on this????

best part of all that is that wave THREE will be shown too! yay!

Yeah this was good news. I would think that would mean that we would see even more different stuff at the Joe con too :)

Well, crap... Now I definately have to go to SDCC!!! Arg! Tazz, what day are you going?

-Kevin

I will be there on Friday, see you there?

I'll be finding a way to make sure it happens... Got a friend who's in Chatsworth that wants em to visit her, so I'll stop there on my drive down and stay one night there... Guess I will have to hit it up on Friday. I'll be calling you on Monday or Tuesday Tazz... :) it might be worth it to ride down together? (I can always stay at a friends place in SB too if need be.)

-Kevin

I'm going to bet that the freebie item is a color variation on the Kung FU grip fist given out at Toy Fair this year. Just got one from my bud Big Iron about 2 weeks ago. A fun little stress reliever and novelty.

Ok I got this off of MC web page. My question is this will the gold Destro be at the G.I. Joe convention or is this true that its only Comic con? @firedevil@

Q: Where can I get the Convention DESTRO exclusive?

A: Hasbro Toy Shop will have a booth at the convention and will be selling a number of exclusives. There will be a silver-headed exclusive DESTRO available in very limited quantities and a gold-headed exclusive DESTRO that will be available only at Comic-Con in extremely limited quantities. Both are sold on a first come first serve basis…so come early. Only one gold-headed exclusive and maximun of three silver-headed figures per customer!

The way I understand it, basically the gold one was made in more limited numbers then the silver so is more likely to sell out at comic con. However my feeling is if there are any left overs of either one after comic con they will make their way to their online shop.

ATTENTION TROOPS:

With only two weeks to go until San Diego Comic-Con, the G.I. JOE Collectors Club caught up with the Hasbro's G.I. JOE team to get the inside scoop on Comic-Con!

Q: What are you going to be debuting at Comic-Con?

A: We will be debuting, the second and third waves of single pack figures from the G.I. JOE vs COBRA anniversary line. This includes favorites such as LADY JAYE, FIREFLY, and Dreadnok BUZZER.

Q: What about the rumored second CORBA 5-Pack?

A: Yes, that was going to be a secret, but we are showing the 5-pack and the new incredible packaging!

Q: What do you have to say about the rumors of a freebie item at the G.I. JOE booth?

A: In this case, the rumors are true! We wanted to thank the fans for supporting the REAL AMERICAN HERO for 25 years. The specifics will be revealed here on the Official Collectors' Club site over the coming week.

Q: Who will be in the G.I. JOE booth?

A: The G.I. JOE booth will be manned by the marketing and design teams and protected by Sergeant Slaughter himself. Also in the booth will be representatives from the G.I. JOE Collectors' Club.

Q: What else will you be showing?

A: Look for a tribute to be set up highlighting 25 years of G.I. JOE battling COBRA!

Q: Where can I get the Convention DESTRO exclusive?

A: Hasbro Toy Shop will have a booth at Comic-Con and will be selling a number of exclusives. There will be a silver-headed exclusive DESTRO available in very limited quantities and a gold-headed exclusive DESTRO that will be available only at Comic-Con in extremely limited quantities. Both are sold on a first come first serve basis…so come early. Only one gold-headed exclusive and maximun of three silver-headed figures per customer!

not really new news.. so I merged 'em ;)

I really have to pay attention, damn lol.

Sorry Joe.

Anyways so who all is planning on going?

not really new news.. so I merged 'em ;)

I really have to pay attention, damn lol.

Sorry Joe.

Anyways so who all is planning on going?

that's okay.. it was on page two.. I just remember it cause of the "freebie" that I thought was a free figure and how I had a GI Joegasm over it, lol

So what are the freebes anyway? Also what are Hasbros booth numbers?

Don't know the number, but believe me if your going, you can't miss it once there. Its got huge banners hanging from the ceiling.

I'm guessing it's either a giveaway comic for the 25th convention set, or a remake of the '83 Viper Glider.

As for the latter, it's just a shot in the dark, but (a.) it's not a figure, (b.) it might be cheaper to produce than a comic, and (c.) it's compact enough to be made into a mass giveaway item.

-PJ