Could you do it??

Devastator_2000

yep, definatly.

I would love to collect the 84/85 G1 toyline, but im VERY hesitant to buy opened transformers that old, cuz most of them are broken, worn, missing stuff, faded, finish gone on them.

If you buy a sealed one, except for maybe some yellowing, you're gauranteed a nice new(ish) toy that you can really enjoy. It costs more, but Its worth it.

I'd love to get sealed G1's and open them all up (keep the packaging for sure though)

i'd have to say no

if i were to buy a MIB ( to me thats a high doller collectors item ) then i would leave it in package and buy a 2nd ( or a reissue ) and display that with the MIB.

however, if it were an ironhide or ratchet, no matter the $$$ i would open it and display proudly. i dont have either of them and i wont buy one "used" cause i know there mostly trashed! i dont have any " well played with" items in my collection.

i just bought a binaltech grimlock and im now hesitant on opening him. only reason is because i watched youtube over veiw on him and he seemed to be a pain in the ass to transform anyway. may leave that one in the box and buy one transformed off ebay and put the repro stickers on him.

If money were no object I think I'd just have fun buying sealed g1 TF's and post video on all the collectors sites of me opening them up. I can see all the MISB collectors shrieking in horror.

I'm betting some people would even get really mad too.

I HAVE.

About 2 years ago I found the G1 Euro exclusive Turbomasters (sans Rotorstorm) at a convention in Knoxville, TN. The guy apparently took a trip to England in the early '90s and had bought a bunch of the figures still on card. Had doubles of the Turbomaster cars and a few MOC Micromaster sets. I picked up Thunderclash MISB, and all 4 of the cars MOC and opened and applied the stickers when I got home. Pretty cool to have nice minty fresh G1 figures, even if they came out on the tail end of the series in '91. Plus they're pretty rare stateside. My favorite of the group is the blue car Boss.

I also won a MIB G1 Scorponok with an unapplied sticker sheet that I applied myself once it came in. Looks brand new too, just like any new G1 reissue would.

I bought a Ramhorn/Eject or Rewind sealed and opened that bad boy right up. Got it for a song too, something like 25 dollars. Really really wish that I picked up the Ravage/Rumble that was the same price....but noooooo I didn't because I already had those. Stupid stupid stupid.

Really really wish that I picked up the Ravage/Rumble that was the same price....but noooooo I didn't because I already had those. Stupid stupid stupid.

Hey Silverbolt, have not seen you in a while.

Dont you hate it when you do that? There have been many times I have kicked myself for passing on a good deal.

depends on the packaging to me and how much I paid for it... If the packaging is shi* then yes the toy is going to look better (most likely :D ) out of the package & open... If the packaging is nice and fine and minty heck no! But more power to those that do :) It only makes the misb stuff even rarer & more expensive for those of us that have it :P

When it comes to misb vs opening there is no war imo to each his own :D

depends on the packaging to me and how much I paid for it... If the packaging is shi* then yes the toy is going to look better (most likely :D ) out of the package & open... If the packaging is nice and fine and minty heck no! But more power to those that do :) It only makes the misb stuff even rarer & more expensive for those of us that have it :P

If I had Mark Cuban's money I'd try and buy up EVERY SINGLE sealed g1 figure there is....open them and set them all free!

@firedevil@ Everyone has their price! @firedevil@ And if they don't, I'd have enough money to pay someone who will HELP them find it. @twisted@

I bet I'd manage to do that before Cuban wins a championship with the Mavs!

If I had Mark Cuban's money I'd try and buy up EVERY SINGLE sealed g1 figure there is....open them and set them all free!

@firedevil@ Everyone has their price! @firedevil@ And if they don't, I'd have enough money to pay someone who will HELP them find it. @twisted@

I bet I'd manage to do that before Cuban wins a championship with the Mavs!

well hell dude if were going to play house, if I was rich yes I'd buy me a fulll set misb more than once :D & open a set Shape wouldn't matter then.... Heck if I was rich I'd buy up all the misb I could find! Pick out the best ones for afa grading and get them graded then open all the beat up ones and sell them & then slowly start selling the misb ones driving up the price @firedevil@ just to screw with my fellow collectors out of boredom @loll@

I do it regularly with GI Joes. I would definitely do it with TFs... Actually, technically I have, but only a couple of mail-aways. I like keeping the stickers on the sheets though, so I would buy repros to apply.

I'll probably do it once I finish up my GI Joe collection, althought that may take a while.

:) :) Yes and YES!!!!!! If I won a G1 MISB Shockwave, I would open in a heartbeat and would apply the sticker if it comes with one. Free the toy from their misery boxes!

I would not. Id sell it. Then get more TFs. INCLUDING the one I just sold.

I let my kids play with them now :)

However for the sake of fun, if Im not allowed to sell it, yes I still would let my kids play with it after I opened it and stickered it up.

I dunno if I would be able to... I like playing with toys, but if it's THAT expensive, ya figure, if I keep it in a box for a little longer, I can sell it for even MORE $$. :P

I don't think I can do it either... .. .

the only determining factor for anyone is money. any collector would open it up if they knew they could afford another one (or ten if they wanted) misb. where you get your differences in responses pretty much depends on each person's disposable income.