This Statement Bothers Me

Forcehunter

(let's say this occured; what if a kid wants classics mirage but can't find one through all the starscreams, thundercrackers, and skywarps?Also, they may be taking up a spot a new mold might've taken.

As opposed to wadeing through all the Mirages to find a seeker? Which is what happened here, I can still find Mirages but I havn't seen a Seeker since April.

And I don't get all this "Taking a spot of a new mold" talk I keep hearing. That's not how it works. They have a certain amount of money to make X number of new molds. Any other figures that come out with it either have to be remolds or repaints. A repaint doesn't steal a spot from a new mold, but fills in the extra to make those new molds last a bit longer. They arn't going to come out and go "Oh cause we gave you Thundercracker we can't get this awesome all new mold Jazz out on the pegs. Sorry." What's more likely is that you'll get your new mold Jazz and he'll be on the pegs with a Sunstorm or other random repaint of the Seeker mold instead of Tcracker, Dirge, or Thrust. I'm willing to be we do see another Seeker repaint in Classics 2.0, in fact I'm sure of it.

They could have just put the final 3 seekers in a box set and sold it as a store exclusive. That would have been much better for everyone. That way no singles of this fig or that clogging pegs...they all go.

Yeah...a TRU three pack would been delightful. They usually eat that kinda stuff up. I wonder if they even tried? I doubt it.

As for the Classics line, making three highly sought after characters as convention exlcusives I think was a big mistake on Hasbro's part since it appears they are continuing the Classics.

I agree that it was a mistake. I see a lot of people saying they are burnt out on the seekers, but when asked which Decpticons Hasbro should make given all the limits they themselves have put on this line. (No guys that are in the animated. Realstic Vehicles. etc.) they are at a lost to come up with too many. That's where the Seekers would have helped them....as it is now it looks to be shaping up as an all Autobot car line with just a handful of Decepticon molds. And that's no fun at all.

For me I didnt get the con exclusives, and I'm not gonna pay the outragoues prices ive seen them go for on ebay, so I now have this huge whole in my collection. All this does is give me no incentive to continue collecting this line and therefore will likely pass on any future Classics that are released. Maybe thats just me but I don't think so, I think not getting those seeker jets will cause a number of people to really think about whether they want to continue collecting this line moving forward.

While I won't give up on Classics....there will always be that big hole in my collection that kinda sours any new great figure that comes out. It'll never be complete. All cause I'm not as well off as some other fans are. As if I needed more reminders that being poor sucked.

Something I think you might be confusing. It seems, to me, your suggesting the seeker repaints all come out at the same time. Do Thundercracker in 2008's wave 1. Thrust in wave 3, Dirge in wave 4. That sort of thing.

Yeah. Most of the arguements about retailers not wanting more seekers assumes they'd like all be on the pegs at the same time. Which wouldn't have been the case.

And I really hope someone askes if we may see the rest of the Seekers in Classics as new molds or something. I've seen the transcript of the question asked at the panel that a lot of people have been using as the "Case Closed" on this and it was badly worded. Something along the lines of "Will the Botcon Seeker be released at retail." implying that Hasbro would release the same exact figures with the same exact paint schemes at retail. Of course the answer was no. I hope someone at SDCC asks about this and words the question better then that.