@(*#$#*&( Figure Swappers

PlayNiceOrDie

Stopped by a TRU on the way home to pick up ncaa 08 and saw the new joe 5 packs. In my excitement I didn't bother to look closely at the Cobra pack. Someone had switched out the trooper in it with a DTC cobra trooper. Idiotic of me not to look closer, so now I have to go return it. Just a head's up for everyone else!

Who didn't see that coming? Hasbro really choked not releasing the soldier in a single pack and the office in the 5 pack. Really a bone-headed move that's just begging those annoying punks to do the swap.

Who didn't see that coming? Hasbro really choked not releasing the soldier in a single pack and the office in the 5 pack. Really a bone-headed move that's just begging those annoying punks to do the swap.

people would be swapping them either way, regardless of whether it was the officer or trooper.

I am more excited to hear the NCAA 08 is out already! must get to the store a satiate my football fix!

people would be swapping them either way, regardless of whether it was the officer or trooper.

I am more excited to hear the NCAA 08 is out already! must get to the store a satiate my football fix!

Don't you believe the swapping would be less prevalent though, if the Trooper were on a card, as opposed to the 5-pack? Don't you believe the trooper in the 5-pack actually adds to the temptation to swap?

-PJ

Swappers and Scalpers are ALL SCUM !!

Army builders!

That's why is was a bone-headed move to include a generic TROOPER in a 5-pack of named characters. They should have put Mindbender in there instead. I doubt we'll see as much "swapping" like this, with the Joe pack. Why? There's no army builder figures in them.

geez... yeah, that was dumb of Hasbro..... they should have definitely put a character into the 5-pack instead of a trooper.

and I do agree, the officer would be less swapped than the trooper.... you gotta have more troopers than officers

completely OT NCAA 08 is out on Tuesday 7/17, so be wary if you're going in to buy it.

huh?

Guys, you seem to keep forgetting something. When Hasbro conceived and got approval to create the two 5-packs, there was no indication at the time the line would continue. Had the line NOT continued past the five packs, wouldn't you prefer the Cobra Solider have been included?

He'll be available on a single card soon enough. Then we can all stock up :)

Stopped by a TRU on the way home to pick up ncaa 08 and saw the new joe 5 packs. In my excitement I didn't bother to look closely at the Cobra pack. Someone had switched out the trooper in it with a DTC cobra trooper. Idiotic of me not to look closer, so now I have to go return it. Just a head's up for everyone else!

Was that the TRU by Cumberland Mall? I saw that a couple of days ago. Glad I ordered mine from BBTS. I saw that and nearly went through the roof! I'll let you know if I find any untainted sets.

Guys, you seem to keep forgetting something. When Hasbro conceived and got approval to create the two 5-packs, there was no indication at the time the line would continue. Had the line NOT continued past the five packs, wouldn't you prefer the Cobra Solider have been included?

Honestly? No..not really.

If the 2 5-packs would indeed have been it and ONLY it, and compilation of top 5 Cobra characters would likely have included another "character" than just a grunt trooper. I would think that Hasbro would still know better than to put such a sole "trooper" in a 5-pack like this, knowing the collector community like they should by now and their little habits and irritations to retail stores. Even if they thought this was going to be it, somebody's preferences are not going to be met with just 5 anyway, so there's really no "better" choice of one than another, but in this case another character would have been best.

He'll be available on a single card soon enough. Then we can all stock up :)

Well, we know this, but it didn't seem to STOP the swapper from swapping. :(

Don't you believe the swapping would be less prevalent though, if the Trooper were on a card, as opposed to the 5-pack? Don't you believe the trooper in the 5-pack actually adds to the temptation to swap?

-PJ

I don't think replacing the trooper for the officer would make it less prevalent. I think, for the most part, collectors, and probably swappers, view them nearly identical and if are going to swap and get a figure for free, will do so with the officer with as much frequency as the trooper. both are considered army builders.

(Hey, Rogue00009, nice avatar ;) )

Yes, it buggs us ALL when we see an army builder swaped out with a POS character. Yes, it's pretty low that someone would do that. But dealing with figure swappers is part of being a Joe collecter, I believe.

Just, PLEASE, do NOT blame the returns assiciate at whatever store you saw it at. They cannot, nore are paid to, have intimate knowledge of the thousands of products stocked at their place of employment.

yojoebro82

(Home Depot returns associate for 6 years)

completely OT NCAA 08 is out on Tuesday 7/17, so be wary if you're going in to buy it.

huh?

yeah he's right, i had my hopes up thinking it was out this tuesday and not the 17th (next tuesday)

and yeah kamen, it is the TRU near cumberland mall. i ended up near kennesaw last night and went to the one at barrett parkway, and picked up an unmessed with cobra set there. there is/was one cobra 5pack left when i left heh.

Just, PLEASE, do NOT blame the returns assiciate at whatever store you saw it at. They cannot, nore are paid to, have intimate knowledge of the thousands of products stocked at their place of employment.

yojoebro82

(Home Depot returns associate for 6 years)

Thanks for saying this. When I saw this thread I was afraid people would be slamming the clerk for the mistake when he or she probably had no idea what the figure would look like. As you said, they don't have the intimate knowledge of this hobby that we have.

i love joes and buy the occasional one. i will be buying all the new line but HONESTLY....if you just handed me a trooper and an officer i wouldnt know which one is which..i guess it doesnt really matter to me...whatever i have less of BECOMES my officers...then again i dont beleive in the heirarchy of the squad...they are led by cobra leaders and that is good enough for me