Old Joes vs New Joes....Serious Debate

imthebigdawg

I'm still reeling from my major disappointment in the Cobra Officer/Trooper figure I opened up earlier. It was one of the ones I was in most anticipation of, and I'm so mad I could spit. @lol@

I'm still riding the knee-jerk reaction wave on it, and I might simmer down later, but so far, it's the only one I've opened and played around with, so there's hope yet, I'll find a gem in the bunch. The V1 Snake Eyes better be the BOMB is all I can say.

Hey VH, in my opinion, the v1 Snake-Eyes IS awesome. You might be tempted to think it's too small and fragile when you first open it, but it's truly one of the more solid figures of the bunch. The only singular problem I have with it, like I mentioned, is the loose hip-joints, and even that doesn't really take away from the figure a whole lot. I just like my joints nice and tight. Even as a kid I'd get aggrevated over joints loosening up and couldn't stand it.

Roadblock is awesome, it's just that his hands are sculpted open too wide, and therefore he doesn't hold his gun very well in his right hand. But otherwise I think he's the second-best executed figure in the line. (Storm Shadow is first. Man...IMO that figure is pure perfection and makes the version 2 one take on a whole new light for me. But anyway...)

Destro is awesome as well. I love his sculpting, his size...everything about this figure clicks for me. For some reason he has some slight restriction in completely rotating his right arm backwards for some reason. But otherwise he's awesome.

Duke? He'd be perfect were it not for his danged elbow joints. If they would bend a full 90 degrees, he'd be perfect IMO. He's alot nicer in person than I was expecting...

Scarlett? Pretty-much perfect to me.

Cobra Soldier: Perfect, (Sorry VH!) although mine has the loose-hip syndrome. It's not that the individual hips are loose like the others, but you can hold up the figure, and his hips dangle back and forth loosely, but together like the underlying hip-joint is one piece instead of two separate joints. It's weird.

Baroness: Bow-legged. (lol) Otherwise this woould have been a nice figure.

Gung-Ho: I love this figure. Mine has slightly loose joints like some of the others, but I absolutely love this figure. Just wish his Marines tatoo was a darker color so you could see it better.

Sorry guys...I didn't mean for this to turn into a recap of my review. (lol)

See and I would say Gung Ho and Roadblock are the worst of the bunch. Gung Ho looks nice but he has really limited elbow movement, and is virtually impossible for him to hold his rifle. Its also weird how you can take his vest off but not his hat. The detail on the figure is really nice though, especially the tatoo.

Roadblock is even worse. The hands look terrible if he has no gun in them and then he doesn't hold the riffle very well anyway. They made no place to hold the legs of the gun on his backpack, though you can kinda jury rig it, and thought the headsculpt isn't terrible, it probably is the most off of any of them.

Scarlett is really nice, but she is one of the ones that suffers from bad hands the worst, as in she wont hold her weapons worth a crap.

Destro is one of my favorites. The fisted had makes for nice poseing, that whole "we will crush them" however it doesnt hold stuff well. I also plan to get a vac-metal silver pimp dady destro figure at comic con and swap it's head with this one.

I don't think my Baronees suffers that badly from the bow-legged syndrome you all talk about. I really think she is a good figure. I think Hasbro did a knock out job on both their female figures. I really hope Lady Jaye gets a similar treatment.

Cobra Commander is very cool IMO, his helmet falls off fairly easily though so you have to be a little carefull. Kids will probably loose it early on.

The Cobra Trooper is perfect IMO and really hope we get a Crimson Guardsman with similar detail.

and Storm Shadow is beyond perfect. He truely is the nicest of them all, I hope Firefly is this nice when he is released in wave 3.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to this Snake-Eyes, What the hell is this last sentence on the filecard supposed to say"

"SNAKE EYES was tempered on the anvil of life until he was as dangerous as a razor-edged sword, flailing in the dark. The GI JOE team sheathed that sword and harnnessed its deadly energy but even they are wont forget that even within the saftey of its scabbard, the blade retains its cutting edge."

Now I looked at the orginal filecard from 85 and it says the exact same thing. I guess you gotta give Hasbro credit for staying true to the orginal here

Its basically saying that even though Snake-eyes is a JOE team member, he's still a "dangerous guy" and unpredictable regardless of whether he's in the team or not

See and I would say Gung Ho and Roadblock are the worst of the bunch. Gung Ho looks nice but he has really limited elbow movement, and is virtually impossible for him to hold his rifle. Its also weird how you can take his vest off but not his hat. The detail on the figure is really nice though, especially the tatoo.

Yeah, I forget about the bad elbows. I addressed that in my review and in a suggestion in the "single-card re-release" thread; they need to fix those elbows. Otherwise it's a great figure.

Roadblock is even worse. The hands look terrible if he has no gun in them and then he doesn't hold the riffle very well anyway. They made no place to hold the legs of the gun on his backpack, though you can kinda jury rig it, and thought the headsculpt isn't terrible, it probably is the most off of any of them.

Y'know, just like with the recent revelation that I didn't like the original version 2 Snake-Eyes' backpack "sheath", I don't ever remember using the original Roadblock's backpack peg much to hold his tri-pod, although I was always aware of its function. (Geeze...you guys are making me realize what a weird kid I was.) (lol) Anyway...I can't help it; I know he can't old his gun properly (The right hand is the WORST; at least the left one can cradle the barrel of the gun), but I still love this figure. His joints are nice and tight. He doesn't sport that double-hinged knee joint that I'm not 100% sold on, his waist-piece allows him to sit perfectly (No one seems to acknowledge that for some reason...), and I love his sculpting and colors. And yes, I even like the oft-reviled head-sculpt. Kinda small and chubby maybe, but 1,000 times better than the original that had the swollen cranium. (lol) I'm really hoping the five-packs were in-part a way to test the waters so to speak, and these figures turn out to be preliminary "display" anniversary figures, and their problems are addressed in new single-pack re-releases. But anyway...

Scarlett is really nice, but she is one of the ones that suffers from bad hands the worst, as in she wont hold her weapons worth a crap.

Now see JayC, where you say your version 1 Snake-Eyes has tight hip-joints and mine doesn't, MY Scarlett curiously holds her weapons perfectly where YOURS doesn't. Hmm. So I guess it's good to know the problems aren't universal, but still, they exist. BTW, my problem with Scarlett is not her hands, but with her crossbow's inability to stay together, like Gung-Ho's grenade-launcher. Grrr...

Destro is one of my favorites. The fisted had makes for nice poseing, that whole "we will crush them" however it doesnt hold stuff well. I also plan to get a vac-metal silver pimp dady destro figure at comic con and swap it's head with this one.

Yeah, me too. And mine won't hold stuff well either, but just like with Roadblock, I love this figure anyway. I agree with the whole "iron fist" pose you can do with him. I've been doing the same thing with mine. (lol) I STILL wish there were plans to do a regular "Cobra Command" version of him. (You really bummed me out on that little let-down JayC. Thanks alot.) @smilepunch@ (lol)

I don't think my Baronees suffers that badly from the bow-legged syndrome you all talk about. I really think she is a good figure. I think Hasbro did a knock out job on both their female figures. I really hope Lady Jaye gets a similar treatment.

Oh man...is mine bowed inward BAD. I'll have to do pics for you guys. And it's unfortunate because like you JayC, I really like this figure otherwise...

Cobra Commander is very cool IMO, his helmet falls off fairly easily though so you have to be a little carefull. Kids will probably loose it early on.

Mine has the same problem. I appreciate the whole "C4" nod to the comic we got by having the removeable helmet feature, but I've pretty-much decided it's useless. I would rather have had a regularly-sculpted head for him. Oh well...

The Cobra Trooper is perfect IMO and really hope we get a Crimson Guardsman with similar detail.

Yes, we agree 100% on this one my friend.

...and Storm Shadow is beyond perfect. He truely is the nicest of them all, I hope Firefly is this nice when he is released in wave 3.

OH YES...I've been saying the same thing, and it makes me want that version 2 SS figure even more than I already did. The good points on these figures excites me for Wave 2 and beyond, I guess because I've seen what's possible. (Can't wait to see Zartan...)

Sounds to me that the biggest "downer" on the 25th anniv. figures is the quality of the plastic used compared to the vintage joes???

I still haven't found any around here (Connecticut) so I have yet to see for myself!

Sounds to me that the biggest "downer" on the 25th anniv. figures is the quality of the plastic used compared to the vintage joes???

I still haven't found any around here (Connecticut) so I have yet to see for myself!

Eh......to me the biggest downer is the females, which are once again messed up. Scarlett is an improvement over the original, but the Baroness is messed up.

Hasbro does use different plastic now. PCV is cheaper and easier to mold than ABS is. The fact that it's not as brittle is only a secondary bonus. PVC does have the benefit of being able to hold details better, as we see in 1/18 figures like the BBI figures, but Hasbro won't push for that level of detail for the Joes. My only real complaint is that for unpainted faces, they tend to look opaque instead of like actual flesh.

Please, as far as quality and so forth, these NEW joes are FAR AND AWAY superior to ANYTHING that came out before them. I love the ARAH 1980's stuff, I have all of them and I look at them sometimes and what not, but I couldnt get close to the playability that these newer figures have. I mean, if I tried to pose the Version One Snake Eyes the way I do the Anniversery one, I would snap him in 3 or 4 places.

The ARAH stuff is great for Display and I get all kinds of fond memories from them, but the new stuff is just simply better.

I mean, we are talking about the cheap plastic ? Come on, I can bend the legs on these figures in ways that would have snapped the old ones.

These are definately great figs.

The ARAH figs will ALWAYS be my favs and will ALWAYS be fun to reminisce with, but as far as playing and doing poses and stuff, the 25th Joes are the Gold Standard compared to the old stuff.

I agree. Not to be a suck-up, but I love what VH has to say, because number one...he's honest, but not in an insulting, personally-attacking way. For example, he USED to hate Sigma 6 with a passion, and I knew it, and I always liked it, and he knew it. He'd jab at me every now and then over it, and I'd take a jab at him over it, and we'd be fine. We knew where each other stood. And we respected each other's opinon. Maybe he thought I was wrong, and I'd think he was an absent-minded senior citizen that played with WWI-era metal soldiers and was all up in arms when they changed to plastic. @smilepunch@ (lol) But we were fine with each other. (Just kidding about that last part.) It's just that VH is opinionated, but in a respectful, no-nonsense, intelligent yet-in-a-funny-joshing-big-brother type of way. Second...he's been collecting a long time, and he's seen every change that's come along. He's earned the right to have an opinion about this stuff. He's paid his dues. (Okay. Enough sucking-up.) (lol)

Ladies and gentlemen....

my NEW campaign manager! @lol@

I appreciate the sentiments DB. I know I can be a bear when I'm frustrated about something, and I know these are just toys, and I try not to get too carried away with the ranting and raving about them, and I'm DEFINITELY trying to curb some of my bad habits and see what it might be, sometimes, that rubs people the wrong way, with my comments, but I'm glad there's folks like yourself, that know I'm just kind of picky and demanding and have a wild and vivid imagination that there's no way in hell HASBRO could ever satisfy, in the form of a new G.I.Joe action figure, made to specs.....per that "imagination" of mine. ^_^

I love the Cleveland Browns football team (almost) as much as I love G.I.Joe toys, but can you imagine the yelling and screaming I do at them, and ABOUT them on game day? They're not exactly the winningest team in the league, but I'm still a loyal fan and still rooting for them every Sunday, and more often than not, I'm angry yelling and complaining. I could switch "teams" and start following a winner, but I've been a fan too long, and about the time I'd do that, they'll come around, and I'll be deemed one of those "fair weather fans".

I keep hanging in there (just the same) with Hasbro and G.I.Joe, thinking the NEXT discombobulated, reconstructed, re-designed, brilliant idea and concept, will be the return to it's glory days and G.I.Joe will RULE the ROOST of action figure mania. @lol@

I welcome all opinions and enjoy reading everyone's take on things. It seems that that's one of the good things to come out of the mixed-bag that is the modern G.I. Joe line(s). There's plenty to talk about. (lol) And it's all fun and interesting, as long as nobody's being a jerk...

Eggggg...zactly!! ;)

I haven't opened ALL the figures yet, and I kinda threw them all under the bus after just the first one, so I'll try to keep an open mind on the rest and calm down a little bit, before I continue.

For myself...I think it's the limited articulation in key areas on them. They can swivel at the wrists and feet, but are limited in the elbows and hips. If we can't have it ALL, then I'd prefer full ranges of motion in the elbows and hips again. The "quality" of plastic, is apparently debatable? I know I think it feels cheap, lightweight and rubbery, especially the teeny tiny weirdly shaped hands on some of them. They gave them mere posts for necks, and didn't even bother to give some of them the nice detail of a real neck, like the one on Maj. Barrage, so there's asthetic issues I have as well, with them.

In comparison to anything before...they GAIN in some areas, and LOSE in others, and the ones they lose on, are critical enough, to make me very unhappy with them so far.

For myself...I think it's the limited articulation in key areas on them. They can swivel at the wrists and feet, but are limited in the elbows and hips. If we can't have it ALL, then I'd prefer full ranges of motion in the elbows and hips again. The "quality" of plastic, is apparently debatable? I know I think it feels cheap, lightweight and rubbery, especially the teeny tiny weirdly shaped hands on some of them. They gave them mere posts for necks, and didn't even bother to give some of them the nice detail of a real neck, like the one on Maj. Barrage, so there's asthetic issues I have as well, with them.

In comparison to anything before...they GAIN in some areas, and LOSE in others, and the ones they lose on, are critical enough, to make me very unhappy with them so far.

Vioer Hunter...i now know that we share two passions. I am a born and raised NJ resident who is a life-long Browns fans (Dad grew up in Euclid) and am now lucky enough to have season tickets. Hasbro frustrates me more than the Browns. However, I never get too upset because I am just happy to have them both around. It doesnt seem that long ago that there were NO JOES...and NO BROWNS. Therefore, I always take the "glass is half full" approach and wish for the best.

Ladies and gentlemen....

my NEW campaign manager! @lol@

I appreciate the sentiments DB. I know I can be a bear when I'm frustrated about something, and I know these are just toys, and I try not to get too carried away with the ranting and raving about them, and I'm DEFINITELY trying to curb some of my bad habits and see what it might be, sometimes, that rubs people the wrong way, with my comments, but I'm glad there's folks like yourself, that know I'm just kind of picky and demanding and have a wild and vivid imagination that there's no way in hell HASBRO could ever satisfy, in the form of a new G.I.Joe action figure, made to specs.....per that "imagination" of mine. ^_^

I love the Cleveland Browns football team (almost) as much as I love G.I.Joe toys, but can you imagine the yelling and screaming I do at them, and ABOUT them on game day? They're not exactly the winningest team in the league, but I'm still a loyal fan and still rooting for them every Sunday, and more often than not, I'm angry yelling and complaining. I could switch "teams" and start following a winner, but I've been a fan too long, and about the time I'd do that, they'll come around, and I'll be deemed one of those "fair weather fans".

I keep hanging in there (just the same) with Hasbro and G.I.Joe, thinking the NEXT discombobulated, reconstructed, re-designed, brilliant idea and concept, will be the return to it's glory days and G.I.Joe will RULE the ROOST of action figure mania. @lol@

I haven't opened ALL the figures yet, and I kinda threw them all under the bus after just the first one, so I'll try to keep an open mind on the rest and calm down a little bit, before I continue.

Heh..whatcha runnin' for VH? And I'm pretty sure campaign managers get paid, right? (lol)

I've said it many times before; even with the "problems" the original Joes had, Hasbro set the bar pretty high with RAH, and ANYTHING that comes afterward will understandibly be compared. It was the best because it was the most consistent and well-done toyline in history. Period. That's a pretty high-standard to live up to. So if it's not replicated or improved upon, of course it's not gonna live-up to what came before.

Having said that, there are alot of reasons as to WHY RAH's original success hasn't been replicated or improved upon completely. I know that, but it's completely mind-boggling as to WHY Hasbro keeps tinkering with construction designs so much. It seems as if they can't seem to make up their minds as to how they want to do it. I don't know. I feel like I have this Jekyll-and-Hyde-type of attitude concerning G.I. Joe; I enjoy and appreciate recent offerings, but at the same time it shouldn't be "offerings" or "efforts" or "attempts" at all, it should be a stone-cold exectution of the greatest toyline ever, simply because of what they've shown us is possible. I still view RAH as the gold standard, for my own personal reasons, and nothing that comes down the pike will ever change that. It's just that lightning was captured in a bottle with RAH, and that particular era will never be replicated again, and that's because of many factors. BUT...that's not to say I don't enjoy or appreciate on some level what Hasbro's been trying to do in recent years. I really take it as it comes, and I try not to get bent out of shape like VH does often. And I say he gets bent out of shape because of the same frustration I myself feel when the new stuff doesn't live up to the standard set by RAH. It's just that he's a little more passionate about it than I am. I could really take it or leave it at this point, but it is frustrating to think that Hasbro has had this big second chance to re-institute the greatest red-blooded, all-American toyline of all time, only to come up so short so many times. I really think the anniversary stuff is their best effort yet; it's finally getting back to the core of what made G.I. Joe great; the great, classic characters, the awesome wartime propaganda/recruitment artwork on the packaging, realistic filecards...it's the no-brainer we've all been hollering about over the years.

And VH, I will admit to the same reaction you had when I first opened my five-packs. I was briefly disgusted with the cheaper-feeling plastic, and that paired with fragile and loose joints, and accessories that didn't seem to want to stay together, and half the time they didn't hold their weapons...grrr. But...the more I looked at them, and the more I fooled-around with them, I could see the potential. I loved how the figures are now proportional; Duke has a medium-type build. Snake-Eyes is slightly smaller and agile-looking, and Gung-Ho, Roadblock and Destro are HUGE (lol), like they should be, and the females actually look like females. I began to appreciate the details in the sculpting and the weapons and accessories, and I've come to realize that there are more good things that are right about these than there are wrong. Yeah, there's a part of me that thinks that with RAH to go by as a blueprint, and considering the successes Hasbro has experienced through GvsC/SPY TROOPS/VvsV, how in the world are we still seeing issues with articulation, construction, etc.? But y'know, it is what it is. I'll always have RAH memories, no matter what they might do to butcher its legacy. Now I don't mean that to sound so harsh, it's just that I just take it as it comes. If something comes along that's as good or even better than RAH, cool. It's bonus to me. Icing on the cake, considering I never expected G.I. Joe to continue in any form beyond 1993 or so.

Would I like to see G.I. Joe's articulation and construction perfected, to the point where we see a G.I. Joe Renaissance, complete with new designs for classic characters somehwere down the line and/or even NEW characters again? Heck yeah, but hey, like I said I just take it as it comes. What else can I do about it? Hasbro and other "experts" have time and time again reminded me that there's so many other factors and considerations outside of simply my interest and satisfaction at play concerning producing a Joe toy line, so I'm just along for the ride.

Vioer Hunter...i now know that we share two passions. I am a born and raised NJ resident who is a life-long Browns fans (Dad grew up in Euclid) and am now lucky enough to have season tickets. Hasbro frustrates me more than the Browns. However, I never get too upset because I am just happy to have them both around. It doesnt seem that long ago that there were NO JOES...and NO BROWNS. Therefore, I always take the "glass is half full" approach and wish for the best.

Well how'bout that? :D

We're into Joes and the Browns! You have to admit, we're pretty loyal and forgiving fans, if we can hang with the Browns and G.I.Joe over the years...thru the good times and bad times and the period of time where there was nothing for either of them.

See, we got more in common than we might have thought, debating over the issues of new Joes. ;)

Now..on this "glass is half full" adage, I always look it at, like the water is LIFE, we're thirsty for it and consuming it, so if it's STILL "half full" you're not very thirsty or consuming it fast enough and you're behind the rest of us. If it's "half empty" you're closer to getting a refill, than the guy who's still "half full".

A glass of water is meant to be consumed and drank, so empty is the goal and half full is the "negative" of that goal, and half empty is more positive to where you're at in getting there.

@loll@ How's that, for totally discombobulating THAT adage of personal perception?

One side of me is actually relieved to read this, because it shows you're mature enough to admit that. That line there is probably worth more than everything you've ever written, mate.

The OTHER side of me is cringing at the prospect of reams and reams worth of more ranting.

One volume-per-figure as each one is opened! :blink::o

It's like opening The Seventh Seal or something. @loll@

I'm spinning the scroll-wheel on my mouse so much, you're making my fingers cramp! @smilepunch@

-PJ

One side of me is actually relieved to read this, because it shows you're mature enough to admit that. That line there is probably worth more than everything you've ever written, mate.

If I'm being honest...that's all that should ever matter, my honest opinion, and I can be just as honest with myself, about myself, I done so many times. I don't tell others what to think about something, I only share with others what I think about something, and if a debate over those differences of opinions should ever breakout....then I'm just as willing to defend my position, as I suspect anyone else should or could.

Why that's a problem for you, I've given up trying to understand and don't really care, and despite your shitty opinion of me, I have a feeling I've made some friends around here, and they have a little higher regard for me and the many opinions I've shared. You seem to obsess a little too much over what I might have to say next.

Here's a hint...

don't stop to reply, just KEEP scrolling. ;)

, so I'll try to keep an open mind on the rest and calm down a little bit, before I continue.

Just keep that thought and we'll be fine, okay?

If I'm being honest...that's all that should ever matter, my honest opinion, and I can be just as honest with myself, about myself, I done so many times. I don't tell others what to think about something,

Ohhh. . .don't make me break out the quotes. :rolleyes:

I only share with others what I think about something, and if a debate over those differences of opinions should ever breakout....then I'm just as willing to defend my position, as I suspect anyone else should or could.

But in this case, no one really wants to debate with you because most of your points (when boiled WAY down; trimming the melodrama) are pretty much the same issues with the figures that everyone else is having. Those that have issues, that is.

Why that's a problem for you, I've given up trying to understand and don't really care, and despite your shitty opinion of me, I have a feeling I've made some friends around here, and they have a little higher regard for me and the many opinions I've shared. You seem to obsess a little too much over what I might have to say next.

Simply because you obsess with continually having to editorialize all the time, and always at 5 times the ratio of other members' posts. My past attempts to match your need to hog the spotlight with equiv. posting just infuriates the mods, which underscores my point nicely.

Play dumb about my motives all you want and keep attempting to psychoanalyse me. Anything is better than career-oriented attention-whoring. @soap@

Here's a hint...

don't stop to reply, just KEEP scrolling. ;)

Sorry, I forgot this was VH's own private blog that totally revolves around him. :rolleyes:

Wait, I forgot. . .it actually is!!! @loll@

-PJ

...and this is why you should never feed the trolls kiddies! @lol@

Even with that, I don't think I flood the forum with my own topics and the ones I respond in, are the ones I have an interest in or an opinion to add, which I kinda thought was the name of the game. 25th anniversary Joes are all the buzz right now, so my activity has probably increased.

My apologies!

And with all due guilt-tripping aside, all I'm saying is, just finish opening your damn figures already, and get back here quick as you can to writing your great American novel.

We're all breathless with anticipation.

-PJ

Ok guys, enough with the PERSONAL debate. If you can't get along then I'd like to suggest the you utilize the IGNORE feature that this board features. All you have to do is click on a members profile and set them to IGNORE and you won't see the body of their posts. If this keeps up you probably won't like the end result. Any further fighting beyond this point will be deleted so don't waste your time guys! <_<

@hmmm@

I like old Joes better! arunawaypu9.gif

Okay, okay, if this keeps going on like this, I'm gonna take off my pants!

The topic header says "serious debate" and we got that. Anyone not wanting to get serious can join the My Lil' Pony discussions elsewhere. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I haven't got my set yet, but I have a fair idea of what I'm getting.

I expect to have a similar reaction as VH has--with one exception: I'll have a large measure of indifference if the toys do not impress.

I've been off and on the fence on 3 3/4" GIJOE for a few years now...........something I like (vehicles), some things leave me cold ( comics packs), so this is a kinda/sorta last gasp for Joe for me.

A few months back, a fellow collector suggested that I "wait and see" on these, and I obligingly have.......but all the reviews and impressions from folks that seriously know their Joes........well, I'm not expecting my world lit on fire.

And my pants are still on.

For now.

Okay, okay, if this keeps going on like this, I'm gonna take off my pants!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!

av2732ze7.gif

I haven't got my set yet, but I have a fair idea of what I'm getting.

I expect to have a similar reaction as VH has--with one exception: I'll have a large measure of indifference if the toys do not impress.

I've been off and on the fence on 3 3/4" GIJOE for a few years now...........something I like (vehicles), some things leave me cold ( comics packs), so this is a kinda/sorta last gasp for Joe for me.

A few months back, a fellow collector suggested that I "wait and see" on these, and I obligingly have.......but all the reviews and impressions from folks that seriously know their Joes........well, I'm not expecting my world lit on fire.

Well, I'm about to confound everyone even MORE, by stating I'm slooooooooowly coming around on this Cobra figure. It's still the only one I've opened, but he's got a heck of a nice squatting and shooting pose going on right now, and I'm kind of digging it, but one great pose does not necessarily make a great action figure. ;)

I gave him a better weapon, worked with him a little bit, and came up with a few decent poses and I'll put up some pics if ya like to see what I'm talking about. There's still the elbows and all that other stuff bothering me, but like I said I'm warming every so slightly up to it not being a total disaster. Like something spicy ya spit out, and then a while later, when the after taste kicks in, makes you go back and get another.

And my pants are still on.

For now.

2119602083413fd40478d5ato3.gif

I'm slooooooooowly coming around on this Cobra figure.

Arrow is taking his pants off and VH is hitting on Cobra figures... This is definately Saturday night... @loll@