Hulk Wave pics!

deadpool lives

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, heres my opinion on these. For one they look decent but that is just way too many of the same character in one wave. I love hulk and all but i dont want every version of him in one wave!

Valkyrie looks waaaaay better than most of the female figs that hasbro OR toybiz ever produced. Its not amazing but its better than most.

Son of hulk, at first looked alright but as you look at it, hes very very disproportioned in his legs. its like hes stiltman with ginormous calves. I also think that he is a spoiler from the planet hulk/world war hulk saga going on right now. I dont think its a coincidence that he has all that tribal symbols on his arm and how he looks like hes like a barbarian like PH/WWH looks.

Red King looks like he could fit in with the SM3 figs. Hes got the plastic bland look that they have. He looks way too exaggerated around his legs. I never read any of the comics with him so he could very well look like that but to me it just looks "off".

WWH looks decent enough but its funny how often that war hulk sculpt is being used. His whole upper body is war hulks minus the head sculpt, the left arm additions and it looks like his hands were tweaked alittle. But it looks overall like he could be a pretty decent fig.

McG hulk looks pretty sweet. I never read hulk when McG was doing the art but i like how this hulk looks the closest to the Capcom games. Being an avid CapcomMarvel fanatic i will most likely buy this one.

Doc Samson is a welcomed character to add but he looks like utter poo.. and props for using the orig version, too bad he looks like poo.

i really hope i dont have to buy these and a later wave a year later just to get fing fang foom... cuz that would be pretty lame.

and why are they all painted flesh, when so many of the ones we just got are that shiny flesh colored plastic? this looks too good to be mass market hasbro stuff.
since when has anything legends been artist specific either (mcguiness?), ever?

The Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth is clearly designed after the artist's tsyle who drew that series.

if it is its so poorly done I can hardly even tell...

and why are they all painted flesh, when so many of the ones we just got are that shiny flesh colored plastic? this looks too good to be mass market hasbro stuff.

These are clearly resin cast prototypes--which are used for photo marketing purposes. Figures like this are often painted with matte acrylics, and then given airbrushed "washes" for detail.

They are NOT production samples, which will likely have plastic with a more noticeable sheen to it.

since when has anything legends been artist specific either (mcguiness?), ever?

There's been quite a few instances.

The First Appearance Hulk, Spiderman and Iron Man were all based on their respective creating artists' drawings ( Kirby, Ditko and Heck). Numerous Spiderman figures are artist specific, even if they are not advertised as such--notablyRon Lim, John Romita Jr , Todd McFarlane and Ed McGuinness

The Face-Off Hulk is clearly inspired by Sal Buscema's version of same, The Vulture in the Fearsome Foes back is distinctly John Romita Sr's design.

The Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth is clearly designed after the artist's tsyle who drew that series.

The upcoming FA Captain America looks to be inspired by Jack Kirby's earlier renditions of Cap.

There's lots of artist specific figures in the ML line.

yes, obviously figures of characters who are regularly drawn are gonna be based on someones artwork. my point is we have never see one advertised as such before. the SMC goblin wasn't listed as a ramos goblin, but it was a ramos goblin. cap and bucky aren't being sold to us as kirbys. it just seems odd they would pick one and advertise it that way when they never have before.

i love how many people here are so quick to tell others they are wrong when they don't know for sure either. theres been nothing official about these. so unless you work for hasbro you don't really know, i don't, but i expressed, like alot of you, what they look like to me, and i'm glad to read and consider what you think they might be. its all speculation at this early point and we probably won't know for sure for a couple of weeks. so lets try to keep this friendly huh?

yes, obviously figures of characters who are regularly drawn are gonna be based on someones artwork. my point is we have never see one advertised as such before. the SMC goblin wasn't listed as a ramos goblin, but it was a ramos goblin. cap and bucky aren't being sold to us as kirbys. it just seems odd they would pick one and advertise it that way when they never have before.

i love how many people here are so quick to tell others they are wrong when they don't know for sure either. theres been nothing official about these. so unless you work for hasbro you don't really know, i don't, but i expressed, like alot of you, what they look like to me, and i'm glad to read and consider what you think they might be. its all speculation at this early point and we probably won't know for sure for a couple of weeks. so lets try to keep this friendly huh?

The figure in question has NOT been called the " McGuinness Hulk" by Hasbro. It was dubbed that by a collecting site--because of the apparent resemblance. Unless Hasbro specifically calls it that.......it remains just another Hulk figure.

And its not a question of your being wrong, its that there's other observations here. There is a consensus that more than a few ML figures have indeed been sculpted based on specific artistic designs ( beyond that of the control art). Its even been stated a few times by company reps, though none of the packaging to date has spelled out direct inspiration from a specific artist.

That fair 'nuff?

that is a bit of a reach. Not one of these figures compares to the Face Off Hulk.

I'm inclined to agree. It'll be a while, I think, before that particular figure is topped.

Easily my fav Hulk figure of all time.

These are nice enough, and they have a good mix of contemporary and older characters.

I feel that Hasbro is on the right track here.

toybiz will not come back so just deal with it. now this hulk series looks really badass. some of the better stuff we have seen from hasbro. i will definitely be getting all of these from both waves. can't wait to see what the fin fang foom BAF looks like. hopefully it will be bigger than galactus and the sentinel.

I'm with you. You just can't please some nit picking nerds. Since I'm a huge Hulk fan, this is heaven, Plus Valkyrie looks like the best female face sculpt ever, better than any toy biz female ml. #US1#

These all look nice, but this trend of character specific waves worries me a bit. I love multiple versions as much as the next guy, but 4 new Hulks in 2 consecutive waves (if the reports are true) could allow for an over burdening of popular characters. Then again, it also gives the chance for certain costumes to come to light. I was never a huge Hulk fan, so that could also slightly sway my opinion. Be it another character I would most likely whistle a different tune.

On the bright side characters that are being popped out in books now are quickly ( a year or less I would assume) to be in plastic - not to mention classic characters as well. Gives hope of getting current looks of our favorite heroes (and please more villains?).

And on a side note - Son of Hulk. No one has a clue? If this is a spoiler it will boggle the mind to have a character pop up in pre-production plastic before his first four-colored appearance.

well, uh, i dont recognize anyone in the first post, but they all look pretty good... anyone have info on Son of Hulk, valkyrie, and Red king?

Valkyrie

Heh, I basically reccognize her from one of my first MU books, the 'Official Handbook'; she is/was in the Defenders along w/ Angel, Black Knight, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Namor, Surfer, among many others....

No idea on the others =/

I'm guessing the Hulk above Samson is a Capcom version?

I dont think Samson is ever in a Capcom game. I know he wasn't in the arcade Marvel capcom games, but I cannot say the same about the snes ones. Regardless, I highly doubt it is.

well, uh, i dont recognize anyone in the first post, but they all look pretty good... anyone have info on Son of Hulk, valkyrie, and Red king?

Valkyrie

Heh, I basically reccognize her from one of my first MU books, the 'Official Handbook'; she is/was in the Defenders along w/ Angel, Black Knight, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Namor, Surfer, among many others....

No idea on the others =/

I'm guessing the Hulk above Samson is a Capcom version?

I dont think Samson is ever in a Capcom game. I know he wasn't in the arcade Marvel capcom games, but I cannot say the same about the snes ones. Regardless, I highly doubt it is.

nooo, the hulk ABOVE Sampson he said.

but regardless, earlier in the thread they were saying that it's a Hulk based on McGuinness' artwork. but it passes as an MvC Hulk, sort of.

I must be the only one here that is not impressed. I think its a step down on what we've seen b4. Hulk Face off series was the best Hulk we seen. The Hulk Smash one doesn't even look like his hands come out, its just a straight fist. Paint app on all of them looks odd --They feel like dolls. WWH doesn't look right, he looks like an old wuss! Something is not right about all the Hulks. I'm suprised everyone is happy with them. They need to bring back the original designers

Here we go again. "These figures are crap. Bring back Toybiz". I really wish people would move on from this.

To Answer some peoples question, if this is a standard ML line then we won't see it until christmas of next year. Until then we have to have the Nemesis wave this christmas (November /December), the Spidey 3 line at the start of next year (febuary/march maybe), the f4 four wave around the summer(may/june) and lastly the Hulk wave no 1 in august.

and whats wrong with him expressing his opinion on the matter?? this guy wants toy biz back. good for him.

guess what?? ME TOO!

i think these figures look like total and utter crap. they don't even have the thigh swivel........LCBH will be getting my money from now own. goodbye to hasblow.

You know what is funny is that I am almost certain that these Hasbro figures will be sculpted by the same people who sculpted the toybiz ones. Why I think this? If you look at the sculptors' site, you can see that they are actually freelance sculptors. For instance, Paul Harding, the sculptor of some toybiz sculpts such as faceoff Ironman, Legendary comic heroes Super Patriot, and ML showdown Magneto, have sculpted some Hasbro stuff like the black Knight, titianium Juggernaut, and 30th anni Anakin Skywalker.

hardingdesigns.com

If you are bummed that Hasbro doesn't have thigh swivel(which they do, but is right below the knee like the move Ghost Rider toys. You can see the swivel on Son of Hulk and Doc Samson if you look closely,) then you would be more bummed out that Witchblade from the LBCH does not have no arm and wrist swivel.

I must be the only one here that is not impressed. I think its a step down on what we've seen b4. Hulk Face off series was the best Hulk we seen. The Hulk Smash one doesn't even look like his hands come out, its just a straight fist. Paint app on all of them looks odd --They feel like dolls. WWH doesn't look right, he looks like an old wuss! Something is not right about all the Hulks. I'm suprised everyone is happy with them. They need to bring back the original designers

Here we go again. "These figures are crap. Bring back Toybiz". I really wish people would move on from this.

To Answer some peoples question, if this is a standard ML line then we won't see it until christmas of next year. Until then we have to have the Nemesis wave this christmas (November /December), the Spidey 3 line at the start of next year (febuary/march maybe), the f4 four wave around the summer(may/june) and lastly the Hulk wave no 1 in august.

and whats wrong with him expressing his opinion on the matter?? this guy wants toy biz back. good for him.

guess what?? ME TOO!

i think these figures look like total and utter crap. they don't even have the thigh swivel........LCBH will be getting my money from now own. goodbye to hasblow.

You know what is funny is that I am almost certain that these Hasbro figures will be sculpted by the same people who sculpted the toybiz ones. Why I think this? If you look at the sculptors' site, you can see that they are actually freelance sculptors. For instance, Paul Harding, the sculptor of some toybiz sculpts such as faceoff Ironman, Legendary comic heroes Super Patriot, and ML showdown Magneto, have sculpted some Hasbro stuff like the black Knight, titianium Juggernaut, and 30th anni Anakin Skywalker.

hardingdesigns.com

If you are bummed that Hasbro doesn't have thigh swivel(which they do, but is right below the knee like the move Ghost Rider toys. You can see the swivel on Son of Hulk and Doc Samson if you look closely,) then you would be more bummed out that Witchblade from the LBCH does not have no arm and wrist swivel.

@loll@ Excatly. Some people just can't accept things and act like toys are life and death.

Draven

The Son of the Hulk figure is Brett Banner. He's a character from the novel "The Incredible Hulk: What Savage Beast" by Peter David. Brett, the son of Bruce and Betty Banner was kidnapped as a newborn by a time traveling Maestro. Brett was raised by Maestro. It's a good story and I recommend it. I wish I could say the same for Hasbro's elbow joints! :(

guess what?? ME TOO!

hardingdesigns.com

@loll@ Excatly. Some people just can't accept things and act like toys are life and death.

Draven

I couldn't agree with you more. I mean these are just toys for crying out loud. I'm a obsest Figure collector as much as the next person but the fact that people (a lot of the grown men) get so work up about this is pretty sad. they should get out more.

If we are getting this than we BETTER be getting Anniliation Figs!!!

I really hope so. It is an awesome storyline. I would love figures of Drax (both current and classic looks), modern Thanos, Terrax, Fallen One, Firelord, Nova (herald), and all the other heralds, Ronan (if he is not the FF BAF), Nova, and BAF for Tenebraus and Aegis. Split it in 2 or 3 waves to give us the BAF in the same scale as Galactus.

If we are getting this than we BETTER be getting Anniliation Figs!!!

I really hope so. It is an awesome storyline. I would love figures of Drax (both current and classic looks), modern Thanos, Terrax, Fallen One, Firelord, Nova (herald), and all the other heralds, Ronan (if he is not the FF BAF), Nova, and BAF for Tenebraus and Aegis. Split it in 2 or 3 waves to give us the BAF in the same scale as Galactus.

Well with Ronan as the f4 Baf and Nova in the next wave plus of course the Silver Surfer were nealry there. i would love a Anniliation wave (maybe two) but i think that will be one of the last thing they do if they do continue the themed waves as they will more then likely do more popular wave ie Iron-man and X-men.

i'm likely down for this entire wave, partially for the BAF parts (maybe, or that could be a free bonus to my FFF loving comrades) but for the most part, i keep seeing custom fodder, especially for the SoH and McG hulk, for some reason they scream "remake me o unholy lord of PVC!" but that SoH, next to the LCBH conan...i get chills. that, and tackling the hopefully-soon-to-be-released zangief, yeah, that fig and some weapons and a paint job, he's gonna be one hulk to rule them all!

and for you folks who like most of the line except for one hulk...order the wave and give me your unwanted hulks! when the line comes out, of course. @loll@

The Son of the Hulk figure is Brett Banner. He's a character from the novel "The Incredible Hulk: What Savage Beast" by Peter David. Brett, the son of Bruce and Betty Banner was kidnapped as a newborn by a time traveling Maestro. Brett was raised by Maestro. It's a good story and I recommend it. I wish I could say the same for Hasbro's elbow joints! :(

Oh whew! I was wondering how they could have got hold of a PH/WWH spoiler like that so far in advanced.... I am glad its not a real spoiler then! & wow a figure from a novel?.. Are they just running out of new ideas of hulks to make or what?.. :D Seems kind of odd to me...

Those are very cool. Better than the junk Hasbro has out right now.

Looks could be deceiving...they can always change their minds ;)

hardingdesigns.com

thats fine if the same person sculpted them. i didn't say anything about the sculpt. my main problem is the articulation. and the paint. but more so the articulation. the double knees and elbows to be exact. which is why i don't collect DCSH.

and no. sorry, but doc samson does not have thigh swivel. not even in his knees. his knee's are the double hinged. the movie ghost riders' are double ball hinged.

hardingdesigns.com

Draven

no. but if i wanna #$#@#, let me #$#@#. its my right as an American.

hardingdesigns.com

Draven

I couldn't agree with you more. I mean these are just toys for crying out loud. I'm a obsest Figure collector as much as the next person but the fact that people (a lot of the grown men) get so work up about this is pretty sad. they should get out more.

obsest?? you mean obsessed? you know what i think is funny, you guys can fill 3+ pages full of "oh i love these figures" and "oh i'm only getting this one and this one" and "i'm going to be so broke when these come out, blah blah blah"

but the second someone comes in and voices his opinion about a dislike in the wave, like the WHOLE wave.....then this person is a no life dweeb who obesses over toys way too much.....and only after one negative remark..versus the 50 or so fan boys' creaming themselves over these things.....now which ones should get out more??