Hulk Wave pics!

deadpool lives

The only one of these I'm really interested in is the McGuinness Hulk, though his joints still suck. The others all look dull, or just bad. I really like that they made a McGuiness Hulk, I think he has the best head sculpt I've seen on a hulk figure except maybe the Icons Hulk. If they made McGuinness Legends instead of Marvel Legends I might start buying them again.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like to consider myself a Marvel Zombie, but "Son of Hulk" I don't remember that at all. Does anyone know where that is from? Other than that I am very impressed hopefully the paint apps aren't as bad as the last set of Marvel Legends, and then these will be kick ass indeed.

I like to consider myself a Marvel Zombie, but "Son of Hulk" I don't remember that at all. Does anyone know where that is from? Other than that I am very impressed hopefully the paint apps aren't as bad as the last set of Marvel Legends, and then these will be kick ass indeed.

I'm no uber hulk fan but the only thing I can think of is that this is some kind of future PH/WWH spoiler :(

With out a doubt a very sweet ass wave!! I love the looks of every figure and that is saying something, as I thought the Hulk stuff would be the stuff I was the least interested in!

Draven

are we totally convinced these are real?

seems a bit suspicious that they announce the people from the first series, but they tell these guys its cool to show pics of an the unannounced second wave. seems a bit too convenient. esp when hasbro is so close to SDCC.

i can barely find room for the 6 hulks i have (7 with the icons) so i will probably pass on most of these and buy the BAF off ebay later. the initial list for wave 1 of the hulk series. wendigo, bi beast, hulk:the end, grey hulk, classic she hulk, and absorbing man (if i remember correctly) sounded great to me, and i would probably get them all, but what the hell is a son of hulk?, why a king hulk that looks like the planet hulk we just bought?

and why are they all painted flesh, when so many of the ones we just got are that shiny flesh colored plastic? this looks too good to be mass market hasbro stuff. since when has anything legends been artist specific either (mcguiness?), ever? (well there was the john bryne cyclops but he wasn't advertised that way) so either they turned a huge corner really quick (all that shading is suspect, remember how bad that spidey wave thats coming looks) or these are customs and someones pulling our leg. i guess we will see in a couple weeks (hopefully), but i am not totally convinced.

I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HULK. I DONT KNOW WHO THAT DOC IS. STILL I LOVE THESE FIGS. THEY ARE REALY COOL. AS SCARECROW SAYS THE SPIDEY WAVE WAS SO BAD AND THIS WAVE IS SO GOOD. IT MAKES ME WONDER TO. I CROSS MY FINGERS THAT THEY ARE REAL. MATTEL DOES GOOD WITH THERE FIGS AND FANS LOVE THEM. MAYBE HASBRO WANTS SOME LOVE TO. @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Wow, way better than the Spider-Man movie wave. They all look really good. My only complaint is too many Hulks! Especially if they're required for the BAF. Well, at least they're different variations of Hulk that aren't gimmicks or made up.

and why are they all painted flesh, when so many of the ones we just got are that shiny flesh colored plastic? this looks too good to be mass market hasbro stuff.

These are clearly resin cast prototypes--which are used for photo marketing purposes. Figures like this are often painted with matte acrylics, and then given airbrushed "washes" for detail.

They are NOT production samples, which will likely have plastic with a more noticeable sheen to it.

since when has anything legends been artist specific either (mcguiness?), ever?

There's been quite a few instances.

The First Appearance Hulk, Spiderman and Iron Man were all based on their respective creating artists' drawings ( Kirby, Ditko and Heck). Numerous Spiderman figures are artist specific, even if they are not advertised as such--notablyRon Lim, John Romita Jr , Todd McFarlane and Ed McGuinness

The Face-Off Hulk is clearly inspired by Sal Buscema's version of same, The Vulture in the Fearsome Foes back is distinctly John Romita Sr's design.

The Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth is clearly designed after the artist's tsyle who drew that series.

The upcoming FA Captain America looks to be inspired by Jack Kirby's earlier renditions of Cap.

There's lots of artist specific figures in the ML line.

yay! I can shorten the Guiness Hulk and make a MvC2 version of him easy! Maybe make the jaw bigger and you'll have the perfect version there.

I must be the only one here that is not impressed. I think its a step down on what we've seen b4. Hulk Face off series was the best Hulk we seen. The Hulk Smash one doesn't even look like his hands come out, its just a straight fist. Paint app on all of them looks odd --They feel like dolls. WWH doesn't look right, he looks like an old wuss! Something is not right about all the Hulks. I'm suprised everyone is happy with them. They need to bring back the original designers.

yay! I can shorten the Guiness Hulk and make a MvC2 version of him easy! Maybe make the jaw bigger and you'll have the perfect version there.

I fully endorese that idea!!

I love them! They look really good, if that`s the actual product, or at least if the actual product looks more or less like that.

Did u notice the WWH uses the normal bicep artiulcation, and the cartoony style uses the new one?? Hasbro neeeeeeed to change that, that would be my only complaint.

Is weird how can hasbro can give us such a crappy wave as SM3 and then this.

It`s a mad world. . .

I must be the only one here that is not impressed. I think its a step down on what we've seen b4. Hulk Face off series was the best Hulk we seen. The Hulk Smash one doesn't even look like his hands come out, its just a straight fist. Paint app on all of them looks odd --They feel like dolls. WWH doesn't look right, he looks like an old wuss! Something is not right about all the Hulks. I'm suprised everyone is happy with them. They need to bring back the original designers

Here we go again. "These figures are crap. Bring back Toybiz". I really wish people would move on from this.

To Answer some peoples question, if this is a standard ML line then we won't see it until christmas of next year. Until then we have to have the Nemesis wave this christmas (November /December), the Spidey 3 line at the start of next year (febuary/march maybe), the f4 four wave around the summer(may/june) and lastly the Hulk wave no 1 in august.

I must be the only one here that is not impressed. I think its a step down on what we've seen b4. Hulk Face off series was the best Hulk we seen. The Hulk Smash one doesn't even look like his hands come out, its just a straight fist. Paint app on all of them looks odd --They feel like dolls. WWH doesn't look right, he looks like an old wuss! Something is not right about all the Hulks. I'm suprised everyone is happy with them. They need to bring back the original designers

Here we go again. "These figures are crap. Bring back Toybiz". I really wish people would move on from this.

To Answer some peoples question, if this is a standard ML line then we won't see it until christmas of next year. Until then we have to have the Nemesis wave this christmas (November /December), the Spidey 3 line at the start of next year (febuary/march maybe), the f4 four wave around the summer(may/june) and lastly the Hulk wave no 1 in august.

and whats wrong with him expressing his opinion on the matter?? this guy wants toy biz back. good for him.

guess what?? ME TOO!

i think these figures look like total and utter crap. they don't even have the thigh swivel........LCBH will be getting my money from now own. goodbye to hasblow.

oh come on, these easily look as good as the toybiz stuff. yes they are super early protos and the finals won't look nearly as good, but you can't honestly think these look bad if toybiz had shown them a year ago you'd love them

I have to say, these are a real step up from those Spider-Man pics. The textures are a little too smooth, making them a bit more cartoonish than the better ML figures, but they look good. I'm glad we're getting a decent Planet Hulk and that Red King is a real surprise. I'm also really glad to see Valkyrie. Now I need Nighthawk and Hellcat to get my core Defenders. I'm also glad for Samson. Hopefully he's a decent size. Looks like the Red King has double jointed elbows, too. I'm glad Hasbro hasn't thrown them out. Maybe they're making a come back.

oh come on, these easily look as good as the toybiz stuff. yes they are super early protos and the finals won't look nearly as good, but you can't honestly think these look bad if toybiz had shown them a year ago you'd love them

that is a bit of a reach. Not one of these figures compares to the Face Off Hulk.

and if Toybz made them, they wouldn't have those rediculous ball elbows or knees.

Some of them look like they could be Toybiz sculpts though... (namely Valkyrie and Son of Hulk)... but not the ugly articulation or lack of paint

toybiz will not come back so just deal with it. now this hulk series looks really badass. some of the better stuff we have seen from hasbro. i will definitely be getting all of these from both waves. can't wait to see what the fin fang foom BAF looks like. hopefully it will be bigger than galactus and the sentinel.