First Tweaks

Alyosha

This is the first of what I'm sure will be many, many tweaks to the 25th figures as I get them. I got this 5 pack yesterday from my buddy Big Iron, and we worked on a few of them last night fixing Gung Ho's elbows and stuff (sorry, no pics yet)

I did this one today while waiting on some plastic to cure, and not to worry, I'll be casting it at some point along with most of the other modded parts to fit your new guys. This one still needs an earring, and I'll probably paint it for better pics but you can get the idea. I am still going to mod the upper bicep to allow for better movement, and a fix upa set of alternate hands to swap out with these specific ones. I may also give him some Barrage forearms too just to add some mass.

RB_fix.jpg

I took the liberty of darkening up the images head sculpt area, as the details are so awesome, they need to be scene a little better. :)

alyosharbnt8.png

What a DIFFERENCE! That's going to make a HELLUVA improvement.

Yeah, it's a large improvement to my eyes. I am painting it now, and will have some pics of that later on tonight most likely.

Unlike others, I don't have a problem with Roadblock's head-sculpt. But man, Alyosha...that IS a huge improvement my friend. It's sad when the fandom does better sculpting than the actual company. Nice work.

I can't take any credit on that one other than the fit and finish. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal on the regular head, but it's so tiny as to not even be anywhere close to realistic.

It looks like a recasted head of the comic pack Roadblock?

rbcomparisonsy8.png

One..looks like he's jump off the computer screen and kick your ass for looking cross-eyed at'em! The other looks like it might cry, then pop off the neck stem and fly away like a balloon? @lol@

Can't wait to see ALL the "tweaks" of RB when you're done Aly. Good stuff.

Sweet. That's a quality modification.

I don't have these in hand yet, but I'll be tweaking both Storm Shadows once I have them. I hate the long sleeves now like I hated them on the original Storm Shadow, so I'll be modifying the 5-pack version to get rid of them (so he'll be sleeveless like he was in the original comic). I also want to mod the single pack Storm Shadow to extend his sleeves and expose his forearms so I can apply an Arashikage decal on his right. I'll also get rid of the gray on his legs, as it makes no sense why they didn't paint them all white to begin with. If I can pull both off, both figures should be just about perfect.

yeah, that RB face is simply one of the worst interpretations of any character in the history of Joe. Nice work, Al. hopefully you have enough to go around, I have a feeling many of us are going to be more than happy to use your expertise to make these figures the ultimate versions they were actually meant to be.

Can you do ALL of them then send them to Hasbro with a note saying THIS is what you shoulda done.

you think they'd listen, or just send me another C&D for my logo?

Can you do ALL of them then send them to Hasbro with a note saying THIS is what you shoulda done.

you think they'd listen, or just send me another C&D for my logo?

Probably the latter....hopefully the former as well.

I think if you are able to fix most (heh all?) the flaws with these figures and do it easily, they might listen.

Here's what I listed in another thread:

1) Give the waist a more "RAH" look to narrow the crotch and bring the legs closer together.

2) Fix the elbows to give them the FULL range of motion that any RAH figure has.

3) Give them ALL the double hinge knee OR the ball knee.

4) Cartoony look being irrelevant, IMO, CENTER the heads better on the necks. Yeah, some guys have big chins, but DAMN!

5) Give them "equal" hands. I never understood the point of the weird hand designs used on the Neo-Viper and Coils (the Hydro-Viper, yeah, I undestand that one). Destro can hold his briefcase JUST as well in a "normal" hand then in one specificially (and rather pointlessly) designed to do that. Roadblock can just as easily "hold" the barrel of a gun using a swivel wrist than that useless "one pose" hand he has. Hell, if I recall in an early review of Scarlett, the reviewer said the hands could come off easily (for customizing) so why not add in interchangeable hands?

6) Get rid of the "hinged ankle" and use a swivel one. Even for people that don't "play" those figures don't stand too well.

That's pretty much my own opinion, but I think it's general enough that most people (who have problems with the figures) would agree.

Very nice Aly, I bet I know which head you'll use for Gung Ho. :D

athumbsupxa5.gif perfection!

Aaaahhh....much better now:

RB_25th_refit.jpg

Yes, I have. I've used www.chrometechusa.com a few times and they are great for small one or two piece projects. Bigger stuff aor lot's of items would get to cost prohibitive to re-sell though.

I'll have some tweaks on GH photographed and up in a little bit.

Have you done any major dissecting of any of the figures yet Aly? I mean REALLY broken one of them up to inspect every nook and cranny and connection joint, to see how it's all pieced together?

I'm still wondering if that mid-torso connection is really all that necessary on them? I noticed on the MLS figures (like Colossus) they have it, but it doesn't move for sh@#, so the only waist articulation is just around the wasit still and the torso does LITTLE moving at all.

I'm curious as to whether they could make that connection point, down around the waist, instead of up around the chest like it is, and give them back the swivel at the waist point, instead of up so high like that?

All this of course....WITHOUT the O-ring, as that was the goal I believe to begin with, but the T-crotch thing didn't work and I'm wondering about this break in the torso like these have now, and if it's TRULY a better type of movement for them? I know it LOOKS like hell, but how well does it really work for an improved articulation feature?

Sorry for the redundant line of questioning there, just wanted to be clear on what I was asking about and why. ;)