Anyone else digging the Transformers Soundtrack?

JayC

I downloaded it from Itunes the other day and have really been enjoying the whole album. I normally only like 1-2 songs from these things, but this one Ive really liked most all the songs.

I'm just really amused by the fact that the TF theme isn't even in the movie. :D

Also kinda glad, 'cause I thought it stunk. Black Lab's version was a lot better.

whos on it?

1. What I've Done - Linkin Park

2. Doomsday Clock - Smashing Pumpkins

3. This Moment - Disturbed

4. Before It's Too Late (Sam And Mikaela's Theme) - Goo Goo Dolls

5. Pretty Handsome Awkward - The Used

6. Passion's Killing Floor - Him

7. What It Feels Like To Be A Ghost? - Taking Back Sunday

8. Second To None - Styles Of Beyond

9. End Of The World - Armor For Sleep

10. Retina And the Sky - Idiot Pilot

11. Technical Difficulties - Julien-K

12. Transformers Theme - Mutemath

I don't remember hearing any of those songs in the movie except for the Linkin Park one. In fact some of the classics that Bumblebee played were more noticable than most of those songs in the soundtrack were.

While I was waiting in line to go into the movie, I heard a bunch of people coming out of the earlier one saying that they had to get this soundtrack. From what I've heard so far it seems pretty good.

whos on it?

1. What I've Done - Linkin Park

2. Doomsday Clock - Smashing Pumpkins

3. This Moment - Disturbed

4. Before It's Too Late (Sam And Mikaela's Theme) - Goo Goo Dolls

5. Pretty Handsome Awkward - The Used

6. Passion's Killing Floor - Him

7. What It Feels Like To Be A Ghost? - Taking Back Sunday

8. Second To None - Styles Of Beyond

9. End Of The World - Armor For Sleep

10. Retina And the Sky - Idiot Pilot

11. Technical Difficulties - Julien-K

12. Transformers Theme - Mutemath

I don't remember hearing any of those songs in the movie except for the Linkin Park one. In fact some of the classics that Bumblebee played were more noticable than most of those songs in the soundtrack were.

The Smashing Pumpkins song is played during the end credits. #yuk@#

I have the whole Linkin Park cd, and I don't understand how that song even fits.. I've been trying to figure that out since I heard the song on a trailer! :unsure:

ill be buying the Original Score Soundtrack when it comes out at the end of the month.

this "Music inspired" crap is BS, Warner got the rights for the soundtrack and used a bunch of

nonsense songs only three were written for the movie, the other were stolen off other groups CD's.

and seriosuly most of the songs arent even from really hard hitting long lasters, this CD wont

even break the billboard 100.

still the Score was done by the same guy who did Pirates, and is a Protege' of Hans Zimmer, plus it sounded great

in the movie.

and yes the original theme by Mutemen sucked mega balls, they should had just used white Lion's,

its 20 years old and still sound better then it .. sad.

ill be buying the Original Score Soundtrack when it comes out at the end of the month.

this "Music inspired" crap is BS, Warner got the rights for the soundtrack and used a bunch of

nonsense songs only three were written for the movie, the other were stolen off other groups CD's.

and seriosuly most of the songs arent even from really hard hitting long lasters, this CD wont

even break the billboard 100.

still the Score was done by the same guy who did Pirates, and is a Protege' of Hans Zimmer, plus it sounded great

in the movie.

and yes the original theme by Mutemen sucked mega balls, they should had just used white Lion's,

its 20 years old and still sound better then it .. sad.

Adding "inspired by" songs is a good way for a label to coat-tail successful bands and potentially successful soundtracks by tagging on unknowns they'd like to promote. It gives them exposure small unknown bands can't buy at any price. It makes sense except for the drawback that most of the songs used in the movie (through BUmblebee) are not even on the soundtrack.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! As you all know the score soundtrack has not yet been released and we are being left in the dark as to when it is going to be released. To show our support and DESIRE to have the score soundtrack, an online petition has been created. If you'd like a copy of the Score either click on the link below to sign the petition, or if it doesn't work you can copy and paste it into the address bar.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?tfmjabcd

Thanks a bunch guys! We are going to get a copy of this score soon enough!!!

I hate it when a movie has the songs from the film and the score on seperate CD's.It was like that with the first Batman movie back in 1989.you had the Danny Elfman score on one CD(which I only found in record stores) and the CD with songs which were sold everywhere.Who cmposed the score for the TF movie?

Its not too bad! But I think the theme song is kinda cheesy...