What might have been...

So No Tornato

I so sick of all you winers just be glad we still have this line and get over it!!!!!

You don't like people who drink wine? @hmmm@

Mexicans make GREAT beer.

Since when? I prefer Bud Light...over Corona's anyday.

Corona is pi**. Please don't hold Corona up as the standard for great Mexican beers like Negra Modelo and Dos Equis.

Negra Modelo is great beer! Get the darker version, not the lighter colored one. Both are good, but I prefer the dark, especially with a nice, spicy meal.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like the availability of the Hasbro line versus the Toybiz line. I was never able to find a Dark Phoenix when she first came out and I had to dish out 60 dollars on Ebay. To date, I have been able to get every figure that Hasbro has released. I was never able to get everyfigure from the Toybiz line because the characters I wanted were never evenly made. Hasbro at least doesn't have the same view on Female figures selling that Toybiz does. Just to be fair, Toybiz has released its fair share of crappy paintjobs and sculpts. That neckjoint on the Electra, Phoenix, blackwidos, and those horrible duck feet were really bad on toybiz's part. Emma and X3 Jean may not be the most attractive, but with some airbrushing the faces can look much more attractive.

Hasbro has better availability because there is less interest, pure and simple. People always tout their "great distribution", but that's not it at all IMO. I don't really notice it much at Targets or Wal-Mart's as it seems about even, but moreso at the 3 TRUs here. There were always multiple cases on the pegs at any time and another couple cases in the overhead bins (I have seen upwards of 6-8 cases on the floor when I hit them on their first shipment of ML 15). I never had any problems getting any and all figures I wanted, variants included. The TRUs here now carry a max of two pegs of HMLs...trust me, that ain't because they're such hot sellers.

I do give them credit for the even ratios. But part of the fun of hunting for TBMLs was looking for variants. For HML Series II, I have only seen them 3 times in stores and I have never seen a Thor, so if I was still collecting MLs I wouldn't be able to even get a full set. They can have the best distribution ever, but if they don't sell well and Series I is still clogging the pegs everywhere (hence stores aren't even ordering Series II) does it really matter?

As for your comparison of the female figures...Phoenix was and is a great figure and Elektra was good enough. BW could have been better. But I doubt you would get many people to agree that POS Emma figure is even in the same league as any of those 3 figures. That is if that is the comparison your were trying to make by your statement...

I live in a suburb of NY and I've only seen a handful of Hasbro ML series 2 at KAybee toys of all places. And they charge 11.99 a figure instead of the 9.99 at toys r us. Every time I walk into a toys r us all I see are diamond Emma's and silver wolverines.

THe targets in my area still have series one.

I didn't really care for a walmart exclusive wave because I don't have a walmart close to me.

I had no trouble getting any figures from series one, but with the way the toys exclusives are clogging shleves I don't think I'll be seeing series 2 any time soon.

I actually like the availability of the Hasbro line versus the Toybiz line. I was never able to find a Dark Phoenix when she first came out and I had to dish out 60 dollars on Ebay. To date, I have been able to get every figure that Hasbro has released. I was never able to get everyfigure from the Toybiz line because the characters I wanted were never evenly made. Hasbro at least doesn't have the same view on Female figures selling that Toybiz does. Just to be fair, Toybiz has released its fair share of crappy paintjobs and sculpts. That neckjoint on the Electra, Phoenix, blackwidos, and those horrible duck feet were really bad on toybiz's part. Emma and X3 Jean may not be the most attractive, but with some airbrushing the faces can look much more attractive.

Hasbro has better availability because there is less interest, pure and simple. People always tout their "great distribution", but that's not it at all IMO. I don't really notice it much at Targets or Wal-Mart's as it seems about even, but moreso at the 3 TRUs here. There were always multiple cases on the pegs at any time and another couple cases in the overhead bins (I have seen upwards of 6-8 cases on the floor when I hit them on their first shipment of ML 15). I never had any problems getting any and all figures I wanted, variants included. The TRUs here now carry a max of two pegs of HMLs...trust me, that ain't because they're such hot sellers.

I do give them credit for the even ratios. But part of the fun of hunting for TBMLs was looking for variants. For HML Series II, I have only seen them 3 times in stores and I have never seen a Thor, so if I was still collecting MLs I wouldn't be able to even get a full set. They can have the best distribution ever, but if they don't sell well and Series I is still clogging the pegs everywhere (hence stores aren't even ordering Series II) does it really matter?

As for your comparison of the female figures...Phoenix was and is a great figure and Elektra was good enough. BW could have been better. But I doubt you would get many people to agree that POS Emma figure is even in the same league as any of those 3 figures. That is if that is the comparison your were trying to make by your statement...

I agree... if shelf-space is any indication of how well things are going, Hasbro is not selling nearly as well as Toybiz did with their Legends...

I can remember seeing 12 -18 rows of ML at TRU, compared to 2-3 for Hasbro... seriously.

I agree... if shelf-space is any indication of how well things are going, Hasbro is not selling nearly as well as Toybiz did with their Legends...

I can remember seeing 12 -18 rows of ML at TRU, compared to 2-3 for Hasbro... seriously.

This is true, but also a ton of TRUs in my area are still stock jammed with 2-3 cases of combined Toy Biz series 14 and 15 (some more than others) aside from Thorbuster/First Appearance Iron Man and Moon Knight and also you see the occasional few Lady Deathstrike or Pyro. I wonder if Hasbro has less shelf space because so much of Toy Biz's last hoo-rah year stuck around.

My TRUs have the same deal...not as much, about 3 or 4 full pegs of leftovers. Most are Wasps, Beta Rays, Longshots, etc. That is TRU's stubborness for putting things on clearance (they need to take a lesson from Target). No way 7 months into Hasbro's license should that crap still be at full-price. Knock it down 50% and they would clear out most of those peg-warmers.

However, I seriously doubt all of that shelf space would be filled up w/ HMLs if they did considering the two pegs they currently hold haven't been touched for weeks, along w/ the peg each for the exclusive Wolvie & Emma.

I prefer Stella Artois outta Belgium...Smooth and forcefull!!!

Stella is good beer, but a tad heavy for my tastes. And very hoppy if it's not really cold.

Have you tried FRANZISKANER WEISS? It's a fantastic, pure German wheat beer, great on hot summer nights!

Other than mexican beer, I tried Foster's & didn't like it either...man...I need me a bud light at this moment ;)

If Toybiz still had the license the first 2 to 3 waves would have been exactly the same. Jesse said Toybiz chose the lineup and sculpted the figs of the first few waves and then Hasbro took them when they took over the line. Hasbro didn't have time to make a line so they took Toybiz's already made lineup and produced it. The only thing Hasbro changed was articulation, paint, and substituting parts from previous molds to avoid the cost of making new molds i.e. factory changes. The sculpt of Planet Hulk was based on early concept art back before the final King Hulk design was made which is why it looks the way it does.

If Hasbro had the license, we would most likely not see Hulk classics or possibly, any other spin off series, considering how they didn't sell too well when TB did the hc line. Gues Hasbro is trying a second time.

Regardless, Legendary comic book heroes are 9.99

and what would you call the last two series toy biz did?

That's easy...I'd call ML 14 and ML 15 freakin' AWESOME!!!!

I got several Silver and Bronze-age figures I always wanted but never thought I'd get in ML 14 and ML 15...

1st Apperance Iron-Man, Baron Zemo, Luke Cage, Falcon, MoonKnight, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Modok BAF, Destroyer, two different Spiderwomans...

yup...ML 14 and ML 15 were freakin' AWESOME!!!!

...Now what was your question again???

@loll@

Are you kidding me?! Why did we get Iron Man in four waves? (back to back to back, with an appearance in a Boxset and then in The Bro's inaugural wave!)

Why are Spider Woman's hands so big?

Why didn't they just sell Destroyer and leave TBIM as the variant?

Couldn't they have put a Cap. Marvel in both the waves instead of right on top of one another?

Same with Aracne!?

WASP? PSYLOCKE? Luke Cage? (who should've been a modern variant!)

Baron Zemo? You mean to tell me that FA ranks over Thunderbolts?

Longshot & Psylocke were the only two figs who were not needing severe after market work

Rose colored glasses have the ability to mask the smell of turds as well?

and what would you call the last two series toy biz did?

That's easy...I'd call ML 14 and ML 15 freakin' AWESOME!!!!

I got several Silver and Bronze-age figures I always wanted but never thought I'd get in ML 14 and ML 15...

1st Apperance Iron-Man, Baron Zemo, Luke Cage, Falcon, MoonKnight, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Modok BAF, Destroyer, two different Spiderwomans...

yup...ML 14 and ML 15 were freakin' AWESOME!!!!

...Now what was your question again???

@loll@

Are you kidding me?! Why did we get Iron Man in four waves? (back to back to back, with an appearance in a Boxset and then in The Bro's inaugural wave!)

Why are Spider Woman's hands so big?

Why didn't they just sell Destroyer and leave TBIM as the variant?

Couldn't they have put a Cap. Marvel in both the waves instead of right on top of one another?

Same with Aracne!?

WASP? PSYLOCKE? Luke Cage? (who should've been a modern variant!)

Baron Zemo? You mean to tell me that FA ranks over Thunderbolts?

Longshot & Psylocke were the only two figs who were not needing severe after market work

Rose colored glasses have the ability to mask the smell of turds as well?

You say "tomato", I say "tomah-to"...

And NO, I'm not kidding you.

Now, to answer your questions...we get lots of Iron-Mans because they sell...pure and simple. And the variety of costumes that appear in the comics for Iron-Man makes it a natural fit to do many, many figs...

Why wasn't Destroyer the regular figure and Thorbuster Iron-Man the variant? See the above answer.

It wouldn't make any sense at all to split the Captian Marvel's into 2 waves. They're basically the same figure, with different heads and paint-jobs. From a manufacturing and cost perspective, it's logical to do them all at once. Take a course in Manufacturing & Productions and you'll understand why.

I'm not sure how to answer "WASP? PSYLOCKE? Luke Cage? (who should've been a modern variant!)", because I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

And "YES", in my opinion, Baron Zemo ranks above the Thunderbolts, as does any great Silver or Bronze Age character. Personally, I couldn't care less if any of the Thunderbolts are ever made into LEGENDS...

...I guess it's all a matter of perspective, right?

#US1#

I think Toy Biz's next wave would of been figures that are identical reflections of their comic counterparts and the toys would be able to think and talk so you wouldn't need any real friends cause you'd have your toys. I also think toy-biz would make them so the figures would go to work for you and pay all your bills. Oh and plus Toy-biz would actually pay us to take them instead of us having to pay for them cause only the evil Hasblow would do that. haha, I'm tired of bashing the Bro, I think their new GI Joes are so damm good that they've regained a lot of points with me. I can't wait to see HML wave three!

I think Toy Biz's next wave would of been figures that are identical reflections of their comic counterparts and the toys would be able to think and talk so you wouldn't need any real friends cause you'd have your toys. I also think toy-biz would make them so the figures would go to work for you and pay all your bills. Oh and plus Toy-biz would actually pay us to take them instead of us having to pay for them cause only the evil Hasblow would do that. haha, I'm tired of bashing the Bro, I think their new GI Joes are so damm good that they've regained a lot of points with me. I can't wait to see HML wave three!

Damn, that sounds AWESOME!!!!!

See, I told ya' they should have let TOY-BIZ keep the license!!

Would the TOY-BIZ figs have also been trained to mix drinks??

That would've been COOL!!!

well, I haven't seen them in person yet, but the new Joes have some serious flaws... such as they can'tbend their legs all the way forward sometimes to allow them to sit in a chair or something.. and their arms don't even bend as much as the 80's versions... and they can't hold their weapons...

anyhow,they look great, but Hasbro always leaves something tobe desired

well, I haven't seen them in person yet, but the new Joes have some serious flaws... such as they can'tbend their legs all the way forward sometimes to allow them to sit in a chair or something.. and their arms don't even bend as much as the 80's versions... and they can't hold their weapons...

anyhow,they look great, but Hasbro always leaves something tobe desired

yes 'some' of the the new joes can't move their legs very high and can't touch their face with their hand. They have the same ball jointed elbows and knees as most of HML such as she-hulk and ultimate wolverine. And yes it does suck.

I was out looking today and managed to find a few hml2 at of all places a suncoast. I also left them there because they were sporting a price tag of 16.99(and because all they had left were 2 wolverines and a Xorn ). Unbelievable. I still haven't seen them at my targets or toysrus, and a suncoast video get them in. What gives?

Any one get the silver surfer legends yet. If so where?

Any one get the silver surfer legends yet. If so where?

I have its been out since May. Its a Walmart exclusive. Check the biggest Walmart in your area for it a lot of the smaller Walmart's are not carrying it.

Please keep in mind how TOYSRUS works when they order product. Their computer keeps track of how well a previous series of toys sold (as in ML). If the series does not sell well, they will not order the same quantity, a) might order less, or B) stop stocking them all together. If you doubt this, check with your local TOYSRUS they will tell you all about it. That is part of the reason why you dont see so much ML at TOYSRUS. If they clogged the shelves with series 12-15, the new ones won't stock up as much because the replenishment system at Toysrus will assume the product is not selling so it wont stock as much product. So in your local TOYSRUS you have Toybiz to thank for Hasbro not stocking as many pegs on the shelf. Now to all of you that whine about you can't find Hasbro product, and also whine about the prices on ebay, have you tried the obvious solution of going onto hasbros website? This is another reason that makes Hasbro better then Toybiz. Toybiz never had sht to order, yet Hasbro almost always has it in stock to order. I ordered my Thor from their since I couldn't find him at tretail for a while. They even offer the variants to order for normal price. Check it out! I am glad that dirty Toybiz no longer has this license and that jerk Jesse isn't involved anymore.

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_...=marvel+legends

ML 14 15 did not rock in my opinion, they suffered massive flaws due to the carelessness of Toybiz. My Bro had gotten Falcon and his arm fell off, so we returned it to get Zemo, and his neck was cracked. This line was utter trash in the matter of quality pure and simple, as for characters, it was okay. That is something that we never have to worry about with Hasbro, but that means nothing of course. If Toybiz's name was on the package than we all LOVED the glass figures we purchased. Don't get me wrong, Toybiz did make some great figures, but they were very flawed. Hasbro has also released some crap, and yes there is no real paint wash, but at least the kid opening his present Christmas day won't have the legend fall apart in his hands. Lastly, Toybiz is no saint as so many here identify it, they made cheap figures [re-used sculpts, POOR quality, poor paint jobs] and sold them simply to make a KILLER profit [not to make us consumers happy] because we purchase all the figs in bulk or simply or faves. Money is what they stood for, they could really care less about us. Hasbro actually asked us who we wanted and all that stuff, let's appreciate what we've gotten instead of whining.

Oh yeah, Lebowski, you're whining about whining. Doesn't make sense to point fingers in that fashion.