What might have been...

So No Tornato

OK...here's the assignment...

Based on how great 2006 was, let's have a little fun and speculate on what we might realistically have seen in 2007 if Toy-Biz still had the license for LEGENDS.

So far in '07, HASBRO has only given us two (2) friggin' waves...if Toy-Biz was still running the show, I think we'd have had:

ML 16, 17, and 18 by now, including some all-time requested figs, like...

...Adam Warlock (my fav), Black-Bolt (yes...he's coming, but with TB, I think we'd have him by now), Sunfire, Warpath, Penance, Nova...who else???

Box-Sets...

...Civil War...Annihilation...Planet Hulk (with his alien buddies)...the Mighty Avengers...what else??

Face-Offs Wave 3 (at least)...Modern Iron-Man vs. Modern Cap from Civil War...what else??

BAFs...

...Lock-Jaw...Goliath (RIP)...what else??

Others...

...at least 1 wave each of SMC and XMC...

...another WalMart exclusive wave? (Now that was FUN!)

...well-done, 6" movie figs of Spidey 3, Ghost Rider, and FF 2??

Yup...it would've been good.

Instead, we get two (2) mediocre HML waves...

To quote Dr. Smith from LOST IN SPACE..."Oh, the pain...the pain..."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't think the Character selection is Hasbro's problem... it's the lack of paintwash, not the articulation... we've gotten some great overdue figures like: She-Hulk, Quicksilver, Blob, etc but some really crappy versions of Characters like: Emma, Banshee, etc. Hasbro needs to stop the X3 and Ultimate crap... and bring back Face-Off's, aswell as some Box Sets...

And besides, we might have only gotten those figures from 2006 because TB was in a super rush frenzy...

i liked toybiz as much as the next fan but hasbro is going to have the rights for a while sure it sucks but no one can change it so why constally bash them just accept it and move on with life.

i liked toybiz as much as the next fan but hasbro is going to have the rights for a while sure it sucks but no one can change it so why constally bash them just accept it and move on with life.

See i'm not the only one who thinks so. Look i agree with people that some figures could have been done better ( For the case of Ult Wolverine, a hell of alot better), but those waves weren't done by hasbro they were done by TB. And I also agree that a movie wave is a bad idea but when they brought the movie range we complained as well because they wer 5" (at first i couldn't find a fault with the figure but once i put them up with the others i wasn't satasfied) and they're bringing out this "spider-men 3" wave as more then likely a collectors edition separate wave. Also i don't think you could really fault Hasbro for there character selection. After all ther giving us (what was Fwooshnet.com top ten most wanted) Blackbolt. Nova Tigra and many more. Some May not like does characters but the were selected out of a thousand different vote so i think many will like the next few waves and if fwooshnet.com has at much of a influence on the selection of characters, we will be getting alot of the Characters So No Toranto mention. After all we are getting the three time most Wanted BAF Fin Fang Foom.

We'd have gotten from Toybiz a fair bit what we got from Hasbro.

Toybiz was ready to drop the comics. They were looking for ways to cut costs and expand the Marvel brand.

All the figures that appeared in the first two waves, plus the Ghost Rider movie line were Toybiz concieved and designed--only executed by Hasbro.

There would have been not broader ancilliary products like the Potato Head or other stuff--as Toybiz had nothing like it. Distrbution would have econtinued to be spotty.

The glut of product last year was simply the brand managers attempt to get as much of THEIR work out on the market in 2006 as possible--to go out with a bang.

There's no indications that Face-offs or Showdown were successful or would have continued under Toybiz.

So, yea.........we can speculate but its really just a purple-hazed pipe dream.

We've gotten decent product thus far, and as its been repeated ad nauseum now, Toybiz had its shared ouf outright dogs too.......Face Off Mandarin anyone??

Yay! You started another 'I hate Hasbro so I'll make another thread' topic.. Toy Biz had the series for 5 years (2002-2006) and put out 16 waves - thats around 3 1/5 wave a year. Hasbro is currently running at close to 1 every 3 months, which would grant around 4 this year. And those are figures YOU want, I would assume. I wouldn't mind some while others I would never ever had a burning urge for. I could blame Hasbro for not making my top 10, but what is the point in that?

In 5 years we saw X-Men/Urban Legends/Sinister Six/Fearsome Foes/House of M/Young Avengers/Monsters box sets - somehow I doubt we would have already seen 3 or 4 box sets by now.

Face Offs - Yeah, maybe. But they were sparsely distributed ( I only saw Wave 2) and every single one I saw had horrible paint applications. They were a neat concept, but I got tired of having to buy a hero I already have 15 of to get a brand new villain.

BAFs - Again. You're choosing BAFs you want.

SMC/XMC - Yeah, that I will give you, but that still means wading through 10 more Wolverines/Spider-Men to find a new villain.

Wal-Mart wave? Yeah, I'm still mad about that. I have SO MANY Wal-Marts in my area and never saw a one. And you can tell at the low distribution, but how much the avg one goes for on e-bay. Not to mention, I finally snagged a bearded Sentry for $14 shipped and when I popped the clam shell his right arm.. fell off. >.< Oh. And last but not least... I need a VARIANT to complete the BAF?! Sheesh.

Toy Biz had its fair share of fugly sculpts, horrible over the top paint washes (why does Cylclops look like he rolled around in the mud?), odd costume choices, movie figure inclusions, spotty distribution, long gap between waves, etc. But you have to weigh the good with the bad. HML1: Ultimate Iron Man, Hercules, Planet Hulk (Yeah, he was mostly a revamped War Hulk - but I never got that). HML2: She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, Thor, Xorn, Quicksilver. I liked most of Toy Biz stuff and I'm enjoying a good portion of Hasbro's stuff. Whining and making fun of other people is neither productive or a proper way to handle yourself around fellow enthuiast of the general hobby.

This board has turned into a Civil War in-upon itself. Those who are fighting change both tooth and nail and those who are ready to accept the good with the bad and see what the future brings. Obviously, we all like the Toy Biz stuff... or we wouldn't be on here talking about it.

We'd have gotten from Toybiz a fair bit what we got from Hasbro.

Toybiz was ready to drop the comics. They were looking for ways to cut costs and expand the Marvel brand.

All the figures that appeared in the first two waves, plus the Ghost Rider movie line were Toybiz concieved and designed--only executed by Hasbro.

There would have been not broader ancilliary products like the Potato Head or other stuff--as Toybiz had nothing like it. Distrbution would have econtinued to be spotty.

The glut of product last year was simply the brand managers attempt to get as much of THEIR work out on the market in 2006 as possible--to go out with a bang.

There's no indications that Face-offs or Showdown were successful or would have continued under Toybiz.

So, yea.........we can speculate but its really just a purple-hazed pipe dream.

We've gotten decent product thus far, and as its been repeated ad nauseum now, Toybiz had its shared ouf outright dogs too.......Face Off Mandarin anyone??

I think that if ToyBiz kept the license, I would be a lot happier with Marvel Legends then with Hasbro, but I don't know. All I can say is that I don't care for Hasbro ML all that much.

Yes, ToyBiz was ready to drop the comics, but as evidenced with the Legenday Heroes line, ToyBiz is still comitted to articulation, which for me was what made the line truly worth buying. The Hasbro ML figs that have a lot of articulation are the ones the use old ToyBiz molds. Hasbro is trying to cut costs in as many ways as possible, and that means cutting articulation, rushing sculps, and cheapening paint apps. An inferior product yields complaints, it's just natural.

And yes, I'll have to live with it, but I won't apologize for complaining. If we don't let Hasbro know what's wrong with their products, how can they make improvements?

Yes, Face-Off Mandarin was pretty bad. Scarlet Witch was bad. ToyBiz had its problems too. I'll continue to buy what Hasbro ML I like, but I'm just not as excited for a wave of Hasbro MLs like I was when ToyBiz had the line.

As for character selection, like #1 Star Wars Fan said, I think we would have gotten about the same with ToyBiz as we're getting with Hasbro. There would have a been a few changes, and we may have gotten more from ToyBiz, with box sets and all, but it would have been quite similar.

I do think we would have gotten bigger build-a-figs with ToyBiz. Some of them, like MODOK weren't huge, but the LCBH PITT is massive. Maybe they wouldn't have been that huge, but they would have been a little bigger.

I think 2 waves from ToyBiz at this point would have been standard too. Maybe we'd have a wave of Face-Offs and a boxed set now, but Hasbro isn't doing too bad getting product out.

I so sick of all you winers just be glad we still have this line and get over it!!!!!

You don't like people who drink wine? @hmmm@

Personally, I prefer beer...Negra Modelo, to be exact. Mexicans make GREAT beer.

I know, bud, i know...oh, we were talking about action figs, right?

I guess we would have seen the same figs we have seen so far, under TB`s manufacture, and maybe another wave of face offs, but that`s it.

as for mongoose saying that toybiz was going to drop the comics, where was it said by toy biz. you can't use the legendary comic book heroes as evidence of that. the reason is that toy biz had a long standing agreement with marvel that allowed them to make hundreds of characters since they had the license back in 1990. when they started the marvel legends line in 2002 they made an agreement with marvel to have marvel reprint the comics for them to package in with the figures. that may have added very little to the cost but not that much. the legendary comic book heroes they can't do that with because they may only have the rights to make the charachters and not get the rights to have them reprint the comics. you have to realize that with the reprints of the marvel comics they only had to deal with one company and that was marvel. with the LCBH they would have to have seperate agreements with numerous independent companies to reprint the comics and that could run into a lot of money for toy biz. so they did the logical thing and decided to not include the comics with these figures.

as far as the build-a-figs go they may gotten smaller but you can't expect every BAF to be the size of apocalypse or galactus.

Mmmmm...beer. Never had Mexican beer before but that will change in August. Can anyone recommend a good brew? I'm going to Cancun for a wedding and need to now how to take their all-inclusive idea to the limit.

As far as Hasbro goes, their figures will get better over time and they may be introducing us to things neater than box sets & BAFs. I am sick of the haters bashing them every chance they get. Enough already. You've had your say, now pipe down and let the adults talk.

as for mongoose saying that toybiz was going to drop the comics, where was it said by toy biz. you can't use the legendary comic book heroes as evidence of that. the reason is that toy biz had a long standing agreement with marvel that allowed them to make hundreds of characters since they had the license back in 1990. when they started the marvel legends line in 2002 they made an agreement with marvel to have marvel reprint the comics for them to package in with the figures. that may have added very little to the cost but not that much. the legendary comic book heroes they can't do that with because they may only have the rights to make the charachters and not get the rights to have them reprint the comics. you have to realize that with the reprints of the marvel comics they only had to deal with one company and that was marvel. with the LCBH they would have to have seperate agreements with numerous independent companies to reprint the comics and that could run into a lot of money for toy biz. so they did the logical thing and decided to not include the comics with these figures.

as far as the build-a-figs go they may gotten smaller but you can't expect every BAF to be the size of apocalypse or galactus.

Jesse Falcon said that ToyBiz was going to drop the comics. And, you misunderstood my sentence, partially because I wasn't too clear when I wrote it. What I meant was

"ToyBiz would have dopped the comics, as Hasbro has done, but ToyBiz is still committed to articulation, whereas Habro has cut back on that."

I'm not saying LCBH could or ever would include comics. Make more sense?!

Mmmmm...beer. Never had Mexican beer before but that will change in August. Can anyone recommend a good brew? I'm going to Cancun for a wedding and need to now how to take their all-inclusive idea to the limit.

I heard from a source with knowledge that mexicans often pee in all the Coronas at the factory cause they know Americans will be drinking them. Viva La Raza!

Hasbro is just as capable as Toybiz was at making Marvel Legends.

go back and look at the SDCC 2006 prototypes of their series 2 figures. They look downright amazing, on par with Toybiz's best work. Hasbor could have made these figures, but they chose not to. I have no idea why, but they made them with half-ass paint jobs and goofy heads.

I just hope they will figure out what makes ML tick in time to save the line before they cancel it

As far as Hasbro goes, their figures will get better over time and they may be introducing us to things neater than box sets & BAFs. I am sick of the haters bashing them every chance they get. Enough already. You've had your say, now pipe down and let the adults talk.

I agree, as for Mexican beers I always stick to coronas modelo is ok, but never drink dos xx it taste like the way a sewer smells. Only dark dos xx is a little better but not by much.

Gah, are we talking about politics, or toys? I can't tell anymore because the whole Marvel forum has turned into: "I hate Hasbro! they don't make my TOYS good enough!" I mean, it's kind of rediculous...

As long as Hasbro doesn't screw up the rumoured Hulk F4 and HML4 waves, I'll be fine with Hasbro... HML1 was something to complain about... with the only good figures being Hercules, and the BAF... But HML2 on the other hand, was pretty dang good, the X3 figures and Ultimate Wolverine were god awful, but at least 5 good figures counter 3 bad ones... HML3 looks like the best yet, with the only stinker being Colossus... so with an awesome HML3 on the way, why is everyone still complaining?

The whole articulation gripe is also pretty rediculous... I mean, why do we need finger articulation? so Spider-Man can flip off Green Goblin while we sleep? The only finger articulation I'd like would be the index finger, so figures could point, much like the articulation in the Planet Hulk figure...

So, I think this whole I hate Hasbro nonsense is pretty rediculous... if you REALLY hate Hasbro THAT much then quit! quit, and go do something better than complaining about TOYS on the internet... go to the park, go watch a movie, go take 30 minutes to eat a chocolate bar... Anything is better than spending day after day complaining about how you hate Hasbro for making Marvel Figures...

I agree, as for Mexican beers I always stick to coronas modelo is ok, but never drink dos xx it taste like the way a sewer smells. Only dark dos xx is a little better but not by much.

Try Negra Modelo, Indio for dark beer. Corona or Sol for clear beer... and about the peeing on the factory rumor well, people who drink beer are not always americans. They would have to pick the bottles that would be given to americans, so non american people wont drink the peed bottles and.....it just sounds stupid, actually, hahaha

As for toys, what was the subject!?!?!?

Personally, I don't think the Character selection is Hasbro's problem... it's the lack of paintwash, and lack of articulation... we've gotten some great overdue figures like: She-Hulk, Quicksilver, Blob, etc but some really crappy versions of Characters like: Emma, Banshee, etc. Hasbro needs to stop the X3 and Ultimate crap... and bring back Face-Off's, aswell as some Box Sets...

And besides, we might have only gotten those figures from 2006 because TB was in a super rush frenzy...

Lack of articulation?????? Why do you guys always complain about damn articulation? The hasbro figures are fine, the toybiz legends had way to much articulation to the point were they were too loose to stand.Now how can that be better?? I think not!! LESS IS BETTER!

Personally, I don't think the Character selection is Hasbro's problem... it's the lack of paintwash, and lack of articulation... we've gotten some great overdue figures like: She-Hulk, Quicksilver, Blob, etc but some really crappy versions of Characters like: Emma, Banshee, etc. Hasbro needs to stop the X3 and Ultimate crap... and bring back Face-Off's, aswell as some Box Sets...

Lack of articulation?????? Why do you guys always complain about damn articulation? The hasbro figures are fine, the toybiz legends had way to much articulation to the point were they were too loose to stand.Now how can that be better?? I think not!! LESS IS BETTER!

That was typo, a "not" should of been in there... sorry.