MP movie line

synch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are insane :) Whys it always gotta be one or the other. I enjoy it all. I like the classics. I like regular toys. I love the movie line. I like the alts. I like the MP line.

HOWEVER, the MP line isnt contained to just G1. While I think thats the line most want from it, and it will continue to stay G1, they could very well stray. I dont think they will though cause the current toys are made so well. I mean it would be hard to do a MP movie line.

I agree w/ ya ss49; there are alot of good tf lines.

I don't see why we can't have a mp that isn't g1; at botcon hasbro said they want to do classics figs from other lines, so why not mp? A mp bw tm megs would be awesome!

When I think "MasterPiece" I think definitive look of a character and that has and always will be G1. I'm glad there have been other lines since to keep everything rolling so we can have a movie today, but nothing in Beast Wars, Armada, Cyberton, etc. etc. is even close to definitive (unless it was a new character created during that line obviously). Never will be. Maybe you'll get more reissues (although I don't think the BW sold very well) but that's about it. And the movie needs more time to stand on it's own. People were still calling for Bay's nuts on platter 6 months ago about the look of the bots...I loved how it turned out but it's still not what I would call the definitive look by any stretch of the imagination.

I think MP is G1 because G1 fans are older, and are willing and able to spend more $$$ on a TF than some kid who's into a newer series can.

But mp figs aren't geared towards kids anyway (too expensive, as you've mentioned), and some of us older fans might like mp's from bw..honestly for me I wouldn't go past that as everything else is still too new.

I don't see what's not definitve about the best megatron ever: beast wars megatron! ;) Not to mention primal, rhinox, dinobot, etc..

I think MP is G1 because G1 fans are older, and are willing and able to spend more $$$ on a TF than some kid who's into a newer series can.

But mp figs aren't geared towards kids anyway (too expensive, as you've mentioned), and some of us older fans might like mp's from bw..honestly for me I wouldn't go past that as everything else is still too new.

I don't see what's not definitve about the best megatron ever: beast wars megatron! ;) Not to mention primal, rhinox, dinobot, etc..

That's the point. Or at least it should be. Hasbro always comes along and shortens smokestacks and messes up weapons for the kids, even on the $80 MP Optimus.

That's the point. Or at least it should be. Hasbro always comes along and shortens smokestacks and messes up weapons for the kids, even on the $80 MP Optimus.

That's hardly hasbro's fault; they're simply obeying the law. If they want their toys on the shelves, they have to conform to toy laws. I realize most kids aren't going to beg their 'rents for an anniv. prime, but it's still considered a toy.

You people are insane :) Whys it always gotta be one or the other. I enjoy it all. I like the classics. I like regular toys. I love the movie line. I like the alts. I like the MP line.

HOWEVER, the MP line isnt contained to just G1. While I think thats the line most want from it, and it will continue to stay G1, they could very well stray. I dont think they will though cause the current toys are made so well. I mean it would be hard to do a MP movie line.

Y'know Starscream, to be honest, that never occurred to me; it WOULD be cool if the Masterpiece line encompassed ALL Transformer lines. I'd be all over something like that. But I still want to see Masterpiece toys based on the '86 animated movie more than anything, like Hot Rod, Kup, Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus (one that's NOT simply a repaint of MP Prime BTW), Galvatron, and others. Mainly I'd be happy if they just did Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime and Galvatron. But yeah...Masterpiece toys from ALL Transformer lines would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure that Ultimate Bumblebee is the Movie Line version of Masterpeice.

But I found alot to disagree with about everything that people have said.

I love the movie line of figures. They seem very well thought out, very well sculpted, very realistic. The only other vehicle based transformers line that comes close to these figures so far is TF Classics, and they are not nearly as realistic. Not to mention that Takara has played little part in these figures, when historically, Takara has done most of the work for Hasbro.

And I hate it when people claim a line only pertains to their favorite incarnation of a series, like when people gripe about seeing X23 in Marvel Legends, but atleast that line is defined as legends. Masterpiece does not connotate any legendary status, just something made well. Just because they have been G1 so far, does not give G1 sole ownership of the line.

Aside from Masterpiece, Hasbro gave Reissue figures, and the Transformers Classics line, and the Titanium figures for G1 fans. No one can say you have been snubbed. The real victims of hasbro have been Beast Wars fans. The 10th anniversary collection gave nothing but some so so repaints that were 50% overpriced and two crappy new sculpts of Optimus Primal and Megatron. Hasbro has yet to ever release show accurate versions of Terrorsaur, Tigatron, or pretty much anyone from Beast Machines. The only Beast Machines Nightscream figure in existence is way oversized and really ugly.

The only MPs I would allow other than G1 is Beast Wars. Damn a rattrap that didn't suck ass, maybe with real fur and metal parts. It'd be a really cool hybrid.Sorta like a real rodent in beast mode and a metal bot in robot mode...

They should just revisit the beast wars line altogether. I love the originals and they do hold up better than g1, but some of them like blackarachnia deserve better.

Anyone got any news about the release of Hasbro MP Megatron?

I'll probably get that as it's much cheaper, just like Hasbro MP Prime.

Between the hoops they'd have to jump through just for the gun laws, I don't ever expect it to get a US release.

That's hardly hasbro's fault; they're simply obeying the law. If they want their toys on the shelves, they have to conform to toy laws. I realize most kids aren't going to beg their 'rents for an anniv. prime, but it's still considered a toy.

That is Hasbro's fault. Those laws only apply if Hasbro wants to sell it on Wal-Mart shelves next to toys that kids can buy. If it were sold as a collectible they can do whatever they want, but they can't sell it on the same shelves were kid's toys are sold.

Anyone got any news about the release of Hasbro MP Megatron?

I'll probably get that as it's much cheaper, just like Hasbro MP Prime.

Between the hoops they'd have to jump through just for the gun laws, I don't ever expect it to get a US release.

Orange tip = legal. It's just that places like Wal-Mart won't take it because it's a gun. Hasbro would have to sell it itself or through specialty stores, for which I doubt they'd want to do.

The only MPs I would allow other than G1 is Beast Wars. Damn a rattrap that didn't suck ass, maybe with real fur and metal parts. It'd be a really cool hybrid.Sorta like a real rodent in beast mode and a metal bot in robot mode...

They should just revisit the beast wars line altogether. I love the originals and they do hold up better than g1, but some of them like blackarachnia deserve better.

To be honest, I WOULD buy MP figures from Beast Wars - as far as I'm concerned, they are a part of G1, so they're okay! ;)

The original BW toys pretty much sucked though, and don't do it for me from a nostalgic pov like the G1 ones do, so I was never interested in them. The characters on the series were great though, and I'd DEFINITELY buy an MP Dinobot.

I'd still like to see at least a G1 Thundercracker, Soundwave (with cassettes), Shockwave and Grimlock before then, though. And if they ever decided to do smaller ones, add Prowl and Bumblebee to that list. Insecticons would be amazing too, now that I think of it...

MP Prime would be awesome. I'd buy it in a second.

i honestly dont think the movie could support a MP line for the figs, especially at 60$ a piece at least, probably more.

im down leaving MP with the G1's, altho i would hope they would expand after doing some good characters from G1

Grimlock being one of them, Rodimus, heck id even like a Masterpiece Megs from Beast wars.

the movie toys are cool, and id much rather have MP bumblebee as the Camaro then his lame ass Bug version.

same with Iron Hide and Rachet.. but as far as Blackout and Brawl.. perfect MP guys to be used.

MP1 will always be the most perfect prime EVER!

I agree w/ ya ss49; there are alot of good tf lines.

I don't see why we can't have a mp that isn't g1; at botcon hasbro said they want to do classics figs from other lines, so why not mp? A mp bw tm megs would be awesome!

I think your missing the point. With a $80+ dollar price tag per figure, they have to be VERY...selective on the figures.

As I mentioned early in the thread, I think an ALTERNATOR line, encompassing all the TF lines, would work better than an MP line.

The other thing is, and I could be wrong, but the original Masterpiece Optimus Prime was intended to give collectors a transformable version of the cartoon figure (where as Classics Prime was an update of the toy figure). The same for Starscream (for the most part) and Megatron.

The cartoon versions for a lot of the TFs had significant differences from their toy counterparts. While Prime was not as "altered" as, say Ironhide/Ratchet or Bumblebee/Cliffjumper (or even Megatron) there WAS a difference that could be accountable in the MP line.

The movie figures do not significantly enough differ from their toy counterparts to really justify an MP version, IMO. All that would end up happening, say in the case of Movie Prime, is the figure would get bigger and the articulation would "improve" but that would really be about all and is that really worth $40?

I think your missing the point. With a $80+ dollar price tag per figure, they have to be VERY...selective on the figures.

Of course they have to be selective, but I think a few bw figs would be great, esp. since many of them haven't every had anime accurate versions.

As I mentioned early in the thread, I think an ALTERNATOR line, encompassing all the TF lines, would work better than an MP line.

That'd work for me. :)

Another thing is, I don't think anniv. prime sold well enough in the states to warrant another figure of that size/price point.

If it were sold as a collectible they can do whatever they want, but they can't sell it on the same shelves were kid's toys are sold.

Exactly, and that simply doesn't make good business sense.

If it were sold as a collectible they can do whatever they want, but they can't sell it on the same shelves were kid's toys are sold.

Exactly, and that simply doesn't make good business sense.

What about online exclusives? Hasbro has done that before.

• 2 weeks later...

THinking about what other types I'd like to see about this line & I think some sort of dieclone version prime would be neat as well as a TWWI version too :) ! Heck give me other TWWI versions in this style or bt style as well :D