MP movie line

synch

To be frank most of the movie toys suck unless they are in there alt modes... I duno if I would want or even buy some kind of highly detailed better paint app movie ALT or bt type line but the thought did cross my mind of a MP movie optimus figure... Could turn out to be pretty cool...

Maybe even a megatron as well?..

What do you guys think?.. Would you buy one?.. I know I would buy some kinda MP movie optimus at least for sure... & then if they ever put out a megs I'd buy one of him too to go with...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one I'd really want is a good, 1:1 scale Frenzy.

..that's a triple changer (bot, cd player, spider-thingy)! That'd be sweet!

We are getting that ultimate bb, so that's close..

Only one I'd really want is a good, 1:1 scale Frenzy.

..that's a triple changer (bot, cd player, spider-thingy)! That'd be sweet!

We are getting that ultimate bb, so that's close..

Well, if he's able to puke the spider legs out of his head like he did, then yeah.

Ultimate 'Bee looks to be rather lacking from the video I've seen of it, though. =/

:) :) Like I said in many of the threads, the only MP Movie bots that I will purchase is Prime and maybe Bumblebee if they give him real a hand on both side. To me, other than these two, the rest all are crap.

:) :) Like I said in many of the threads, the only MP Movie bots that I will purchase is Prime and maybe Bumblebee if they give him real a hand on both side. To me, other than these two, the rest all are crap.

Bah!!

Blackout is easily the best TF from the movie. His toy and his movie likeness are easily the most transformer-like in terms of traditional transformers. He could almost pass for a G1 if he had some die-cast on the toy. A larger MP version would be just too awesome because the toy is a bit small for the "largest Decepticon in the movie," which is my only complaint about him.

Bah!!

Blackout is easily the best TF from the movie. His toy and his movie likeness are easily the most transformer-like in terms of traditional transformers. He could almost pass for a G1 if he had some die-cast on the toy. A larger MP version would be just too awesome because the toy is a bit small for the "largest Decepticon in the movie," which is my only complaint about him.

Though I do not own Blackout, I'ld have to nominate Ratchet for "most like a traditional transformer" with how blocky he is. :)

if they did it would most likely only be prime and/or bumblebee. i would get them. i would LOVE a blackout MP though :)

Yes yes yes...absolutely would I buy MP Movie toys. Absolutely, especially Prime, Megs, and Bumblebee. I'd also like a MP Movie Jazz, Ironhide, Starscream, and...aw heck, just make 'em all Takara. (lol)

Personally the movie toys, while not perfect, are good enough... for now. I'd rather them keep updating the way out of date G1 toys as MPs. Then when they get enough of the main characters out of the way, move on to beast wars, then do the movie line. Everything else has been done well enough. This way any MP movie figures wouldn't compete with the normal movie figures, as it'd take at least a decade. Plus technology will be much better so they'll be able to match the movie designs to the toys better. By there will have been about 3 movies, so there will be a whole fan group that will buy into it.

That's just my opinion.

I wouldn't mind getting Bumblebee... The newer Camaro or the Battle damaged one, just b/c I collect Bumblebees! ^_^

Nope. I mean, come on - let the G1 fans get SOMETHING. I'd hate to see MP versions of the movie characters when we could be getting a G1 Soundwave, Shockwave or Grimlock.

The G1 fans have already gotten THREE HUGE SOMETHINGS. :P

I LOVE the movie line for the reason that a lot of people seem to not like it...BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT!

Seriously folks, are they supposed to keep churning out the same old things time and time again with nothing but moderate changes???

The only other time we saw such a radical change was Beast Wars, and that re-ignited the franchise. Not everyone liked that either. I think these Blow anything Beast Wars did out of the water.

I think the transformations on these rival what we got from Alts only did what was REALLY difficult in giving us more unique and fresh ways to transform vehicles into bots.

There are some issues with a few deluxe figs but otherwise the rest are pure gold. Real Gear are all sensational, Voyagers are just wicked, and the Leaders are killer.

I even like the FAB's.

Nope. I mean, come on - let the G1 fans get SOMETHING. I'd hate to see MP versions of the movie characters when we could be getting a G1 Soundwave, Shockwave or Grimlock.

ONE line with only three figures? Wow, I guess we should be grateful...

Keep MPs G1 - the movie versions aren't definitive anythings, at least not yet. Anything labeled a "masterpiece" shouldn't be based solely on hype. Maybe in 15-20 years, they'll deserve the label, but for right now, I'd rather see a few more G1 designs get the articulated and detailed treatment the movie line already gets.

I LOVE the movie line for the reason that a lot of people seem to not like it...BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT!

Seriously folks, are they supposed to keep churning out the same old things time and time again with nothing but moderate changes???

The only other time we saw such a radical change was Beast Wars, and that re-ignited the franchise. Not everyone liked that either. I think these Blow anything Beast Wars did out of the water.

I think the transformations on these rival what we got from Alts only did what was REALLY difficult in giving us more unique and fresh ways to transform vehicles into bots.

There are some issues with a few deluxe figs but otherwise the rest are pure gold. Real Gear are all sensational, Voyagers are just wicked, and the Leaders are killer.

I even like the FAB's.

So what are you arguing? That the movie line is great? Fine, but if you want things to be as different as you claim, why not have something available to the G1 fans as well as the movie fans?

Some G1 fans ARE movie fans... those who are, are happy! :)

ONE line with only three figures? Wow, I guess we should be grateful...

Keep MPs G1 - the movie versions aren't definitive anythings, at least not yet. Anything labeled a "masterpiece" shouldn't be based solely on hype. Maybe in 15-20 years, they'll deserve the label, but for right now, I'd rather see a few more G1 designs get the articulated and detailed treatment the movie line already gets.

Yeah, one line with three figures of incredible design and quality, and one that could arguably be the best Transformer of all time. (Prime.)

And, y'know, those Classics things that're gonna be revived. :)

I'm not saying convert the line into all movie stuff, but maybe take one character from it. Say, Bumblebee, since he was kind of the main 'bot.

To go with you, though, I'd love to see Grimlock get the MP treatment.

MP movie line? No.

Alternator movie line? Yeah. I mean a Bumblebee Camaro Alternator? I'm honestly surprised they didn't do that.

I even like the FAB's.

So what are you arguing? That the movie line is great? Fine, but if you want things to be as different as you claim, why not have something available to the G1 fans as well as the movie fans?

I don't have a problem with the movie line looking "different". But it's the lame "animorph gimmick" that weakens the line in some ways. As well as just the overall weak figures (mostly the deluxes).

Well, let's see now...we just had CLASSICS for g1 fans. How's that? They'll be back next year too.

For the movie, the autobot characters were some of the best from g1 and the characters played out very well.

G1 repaints in the movie line. Some may still not like them, lots more will probably love them.

Takomy has all kinds of g1 goodies on it's way.

The movie had plenty of little nods to g1 throughout.

Get the point yet??? When ISN'T there something done for g1 fans?

I grew up on g1, I've been through over 20 years of it. Time to move on! The franchise can't be free to move forward into the future if it's stuck being too anchored to the past.

Just because EVERY little thing isn't done with g1 in mind doesn't mean it has to be immediately dismissed as garbage which is what far too many do.

Are you trying to just pick fights? No one here is bashing the movie, or their toys. They're simply saying the movie toys are good enough that doing MP versions would be redundant. Which is the truth. G1 was done 20 years ago so their toys need the updated treatment.

If you want to #$#@# about people not liking movie toys, start your own thread. The question for this thread was should there be MP movie figures, which you NEVER answered.

I'm bashing movie toys I think they look like cra* compared to the movie :P Thats why I'd love a MP movie optimus if anything :D

Theres no reason why we can't have both or why one would stop them from putting out another as well...

Op

Megs

SS (eh....)

I think we are doing pretty good so far...

& if they have another g1 figure in the works they can stick it out now too along with a MP Mop... Now is the time to be pimping big expensive stuff like this :D :D

I wouldn't mind getting Bumblebee... The newer Camaro or the Battle damaged one, just b/c I collect Bumblebees! ^_^

Oh?.. Got pics?.. How many you got so far?..

I have mostly the smaller ones, and the old Bumblebee.. so far I'm not sure how many I have to be honest with you. But I think I want to collect more now! ^_^

I'm bashing movie toys I think they look like cra* compared to the movie Thats why I'd love a MP movie optimus if anything

I have to agree. The toys fall way short of their movie counterparts, and seem rushed to me. Frency in particular looks like they didn't know how to make a toy version so they just did whatever to make him a radio.