G.I.Joe and Microman similarities?

Viper Hunter

Ever since somebody mentioned they swapped out the new CC's micro noggin' for a more normal sized one, from a Microman Material Force figure, I've been looking at these things, and thinking they don't look half bad.

I haven't ever liked much of the other MM stuff, but these generic bodies for this particular line, look really cool, and I see some similarities in them, with the new Joes coming out.

I know a nude action figure, or a Super Hero action figure wearing spandex, allows for some greater POA's that won't interfere with molding made to resemble clothes or regular uniforms like the Joes wear (that I PREFER they wear at least, as some are kinda tight in the spandex looking department) but the same types of articulation features are still there on these MM's and the new Joes.

Even so, how awesome if the Joes could pose like some of these...

materialforce4sw3.png

and if they CAN pose like this, why can't Hasbro do this when displaying the Joes for promotional purposes or at the conventions? The name of the game in the action figure world is ARTICULATION it seems, and that of course gives an action figure more ability to pose into "ACTION" stances, yet Hasbro seems reluctant to showcase this, with the Joes and BRAG about it, if they got it.

Then I noticed the MM have the additional hands for changing out the figures, for various grips and holds and such..

photo02li3.png

If the Joes are going to have the swivel joint at the forearm now, how cool would it be to have them come with different hands as well? Clenched fists, or open palms for karate choppin', hands to hold weapons, and all in both a Left and Right position, for one hand clenched the other open?

MFshining-6a.jpgphoto05hh6.png

I don't like the shoulder joints on these things, and I'm not that crazy about the hinged knees and elbows, and I could do without the extra screw in the lower calf, so the Hasbro design for the Joes in these areas could remain the same (if possible) and I think it would work pretty well.

Maybe?

Too bad these things aren't sold in America though, and are way too expensive elsewise. ^_^

Those would be pretty cool to have as some kind of weird Cobra robot/android troops. Kinda like a faceless Synthoid or something. They could have a black one that is made to copy Snake Eyes where it can mimic him and stuff.

I have a few. They're pretty fragile. . .even when compared to the Marvel SS figures, especially at the wrist (tiny pegs with no anchor).

I only have them for customs or display. The Batman, Batgirl, and Supergirl MM figures are kewl, but the comic Superman is. . .HUGE because we're talking comic book and anime porportions, so careful which size guy you choose.

-PJ

Those would be pretty cool to have as some kind of weird Cobra robot/android troops. Kinda like a faceless Synthoid or something.

There's a panel in the comic when Mindbender is creating Serpentor in his cloning vat and he looks just like that (TBP vol. 5. p. 175).

-PJ

Yep, I used to buy one of each of the Micromen that would come out. I even have a few of the Material Force (blank ones) but I pretty much stopped when the knees and ankles would start to break. They would break with just normal movement, especially the characters cast in a clear plastic.

Cool toys but too fragile for the cost of each one.

i have only had 4 break at the ankle out of say 100 micromen over the years, I use them for my customs and they are great, only draw bac kis i wish that the hands had a bulb at the end so they stay in the forearm

kill