2007 JoeCon 3 3/4" box art and figure preview

LoneRaver

I'm a huge fan of this Sparks. I really am digging it.

Same here. I always wanted an "authorized" version of Sparks without having to make a custom or substitute with a TRU Generic Infantry guy.

Love the filecard as well.

That's one toon figure down; now if they would only come out with Big Lob! :P

-PJ

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how Sparks could be displayed with the comic pack versions of the original 13 and fit right in.

Actually, I am not familiar with the character, and actually thought he was the character in the picture with Rock n Roll and Clutch. Because that certainly didn't look like Grunt to me.

Wow! This may be the first time I'm truly tempted tp buy a Con set. Now you all tell me; is the plastic quality of these anything like the comic three-pack figures? If so, I don't want 'em. I've recently opened some of mine, and I'm not greatly impressed. I've never owned one of the recnt convention RAH-sculpt figures. But these look amazing. That's the best Grunt I've ever seen. I want it bad...

Wow! This may be the first time I'm truly tempted tp buy a Con set. Now you all tell me; is the plastic quality of these anything like the comic three-pack figures? If so, I don't want 'em. I've recently opened some of mine, and I'm not greatly impressed. I've never owned one of the recnt convention RAH-sculpt figures. But these look amazing. That's the best Grunt I've ever seen. I want it bad...

I've never had a problem with a con figure... They are by far THE BEST Joe figures I've ever had.

-Kevin

DB, GET THIS SET! Con figures are of the best quality although they might not choose the best characters or themes.

Sparks looks great.

Best Con set ever!

I'm really liking this set and it's nice to see Sparks in figure form!

How much is the set for those who don't attend? I really want Sparks, Doc, Clutch, and Flash. Not really interested in the others. Don't they usually sell bagged sets without the box for cheaper?

Alternately, if anyone would be willing to pick a set up for me, Ican send you the money ahead of time.

I am also curious to see what figures will be in the 3 pack. You can tell that some of the blacked out words on Sparks's file card should be a person's name. I wonder if any of them will be characters like Sparks, getting a figure for the first time.

How much is the set for those who don't attend? I really want Sparks, Doc, Clutch, and Flash. Not really interested in the others. Don't they usually sell bagged sets without the box for cheaper?

Alternately, if anyone would be willing to pick a set up for me, Ican send you the money ahead of time.

I am also curious to see what figures will be in the 3 pack. You can tell that some of the blacked out words on Sparks's file card should be a person's name. I wonder if any of them will be characters like Sparks, getting a figure for the first time.

$268 for attending, or non-attending. The bagged set is only available if you've purchased a boxed set as well. Those go for $138 a pop.

I've purchased on box, and one bag myself. While there I am very likely to purchase another, but only if I can find someone interested in the box set.

-Kevin

$268 for attending, or non-attending. The bagged set is only available if you've purchased a boxed set as well. Those go for $138 a pop.

I've purchased on box, and one bag myself. While there I am very likely to purchase another, but only if I can find someone interested in the box set.

-Kevin

Ouch. Since I am only really wanting 3 or 4 figures out of the set, I might be better off waiting until Guru-Planet gets some and sells off the individual figures.

-Kevin

I would offer $203 for a bagged set! :) That's the combination of both amounts divided by two, so if that's a good deal and somebody wants to hook a brutha' up?

$14-$15 per figure is still pretty steep, but I just don't see getting them much cheaper, even off of ebay.

-Kevin

I would offer $203 for a bagged set! :) That's the combination of both amounts divided by two, so if that's a good deal and somebody wants to hook a brutha' up?

$14-$15 per figure is still pretty steep, but I just don't see getting them much cheaper, even off of ebay.

HA! Silly VH! :) Tricks are for kids! Go to the con yourself, you bum.

-Kevin

HA! Silly VH! :) Tricks are for kids! Go to the con yourself, you bum.

-Kevin

:P I know..I know!

My unemployed status hasn't changed, so I'm worried that it''s not going to happen AGAIN this year, trying to get to the con.

I really like this set, so even if i don't make it myself, I'm going to scrape and save just to get what I can to pick one up.

Group shot of the entire convention set is up. Now that it's finally all laid out, it really shows the cohesive look of the Joe team as well as how cool all the cobra's look together. Just picture the set with Flash and Zap having the helmets from Alyosha. To me, you pretty much have a winner of a set right there! #US1#

Just got the Club email, they said the hotel block is over 100% full and they have more rooms added and they are looking into another hotel in case of overflow!! This has to be a good sign, wonder how well the convention sets are selling.

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

wonder how well the convention sets are selling.

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

I am willing to say that based on the past 3 years of not selling the set out, the price increase, and the later date of the convention. Anyone wanting a set will easily be able to order it or pick it up on ebay. I am kind of a skeptic of MC's marketing practices and i think master collector gave us photos of the figures way faster than any previous years set. I kind of feel that it is due to lower than expected preorders of the set. But I have no inside information , just going on my own opinions and what i learned from the Walton college of business.

Wow! Scarlett has horrible handwriting. LOL Can anyone tell me what that post card says? I can read some, but with my moniter's resolution, some of the words appear to run together making it hard to read.

Also, does anyone know if they will be revealing the 3 pack characters and vehicles before the convention?

I had no problem with the sets and quality of major major issues. I had some small issues in last years set, took the figure to the club store table and got a immediate replacement. I also had an issue with a missing part's tree for one of the vehicles at the Disney con. Took it to the table and they got me what I needed. The never ask questions, and are always cool.....but like all things in life, if you come up being an a-hole, don't expect them to go out of their way for you. @lol@

Group shot of the entire convention set is up. Now that it's finally all laid out, it really shows the cohesive look of the Joe team as well as how cool all the cobra's look together. Just picture the set with Flash and Zap having the helmets from Alyosha. To me, you pretty much have a winner of a set right there! #US1#

How much are THOSE going to cost?? I will not subsidize the cost of his room! :D

I am willing to say that based on the past 3 years of not selling the set out, the price increase, and the later date of the convention. Anyone wanting a set will easily be able to order it or pick it up on ebay. I am kind of a skeptic of MC's marketing practices and i think master collector gave us photos of the figures way faster than any previous years set. I kind of feel that it is due to lower than expected preorders of the set. But I have no inside information , just going on my own opinions and what i learned from the Walton college of business.

Ah, always one skeptic in a group. Does a skeptic keep us honest or just spread more doubt?? Hmmmmmm. I go to the con to meet the fellas and hang out. If ya just go for the set (or just buy the set separate) you're missing the whole experience. 'Nuf said.

Wow! Scarlett has horrible handwriting. LOL Can anyone tell me what that post card says? I can read some, but with my moniter's resolution, some of the words appear to run together making it hard to read.

Also, does anyone know if they will be revealing the 3 pack characters and vehicles before the convention?

The higher rez picture will help out. I could read it fine. It is a post card to Sparks.

As for releasing any details on the 3 pack, 2 pack and vehicles, unless a rogue copy of something makes it on evilBay, we typically don't know until registration night. But rest assured, the box always gives clues to who we will see extra. I would say there is a better than 50/50 chance we will see a SE and Scarlett figure. Since the theme is TANKS, and we see a lot of the original 13, Steeler and maybe some armor vehicle will be offered as well. I know nothing, just guessing after going to 5 of these things.

We do not know, other then the Rowdy Roddy Piper figure, what else is planned. Lanny has said he will put up the artwork for the Piper figure. No good samples of the figure yet. Everything else is going to be kept under wraps until the convention. But we all figure a Mauler, a possible 2 figure pack (Grand Slame with silver pads and jet pack maybe?? and Rumbler maybe?) or a 3 figure pack, and one more vehicle (from Clutch's filecard, the Vamp or AWE or I think the Hammer)

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!