2007 JoeCon 3 3/4" box art and figure preview

LoneRaver

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the comic pack Hawk head on Grunt?

Looks like it, which works, but is a little odd since they already had a comic pack Grunt head that could have just been a little retooled.

From the cardart, I'd say Star Brigade Duke torso, Comic Pack Grunt head, weapons and arms from 1991 Sci Fi/Laser Viper, and a Hollowpoint waist. That head was perfect for him the first time around, it's a pity a helmet won't fit it though.

It figures the one I most wanted to see is delayed. I am happy they are finally making a new Flash and from the filecard it appears that his murder at the hands of the DD @sswipes doesn't count in official GI Joe cannon. Sounds like he will have a shoulder fired laser gun, probably the one that came with v2 Sci Fi. They should use comic pack Steeler's head and give him the same helmet with a visor.

The Flash picture is up and he looks really good except that he doesn't have a helmet. Anybody that buys a set and wants to sell me their Flash and Grunt, PM me. Those are the only two I really need.

Flash looks real good!

I'm really impressed with this set so far. Some of the weapons are big and funky (especially the Savage ones) but that's what Mauraders is for, so as it is...I'm really thinking I just might get me a con set after all these years. ^_^

Flash looks real good!

I'm really impressed with this set so far. Some of the weapons are big and funky (especially the Savage ones) but that's what Mauraders is for, so as it is...I'm really thinking I just might get me a con set after all these years. ^_^

But are you going? That's the REAL question here!

-Kevin

Flash looks real good!

I agree, but I actually like the big and funky weapons. I generally don't, but for some reason I am into them with this set. I know I have been glowing about this set since pictures first started being released, but I really think this is the best con set they've done.

the question is to try and get one now, or wait a year when you can usually pick up con sets on ebay for about $100 less.

Flash looks real good!

But are you going? That's the REAL question here!

-Kevin

Mmmmmmmm..Maaaaaaybe!! ^_^

the question is to try and get one now, or wait a year when you can usually pick up con sets on ebay for about $100 less.

I'm almost afraid to take that chance, seeing how I really like this set. My luck, so will everybody else and no later discounts to be found, so I'll be stuck paying regular price plus extra for shipping or something.

I'm almost afraid to take that chance, seeing how I really like this set. My luck, so will everybody else and no later discounts to be found, so I'll be stuck paying regular price plus extra for shipping or something.

Actually, the sets people really like seem to sell for more than their original cost...

-Kevin

that's was fast.. I wonder if they're just trying to spread the last two out, lol

Joe- I spoke with Lanny today, and he had mentioned that he had hoped that the corrected samples would make it in today and it looks like they did. He had said the problem with the first smaple they got was that the waist and a couple other things were wrong....they had asked for corrections and the samples were due to arrive at any minute since they got these samples in about 2 weeks ago when this all started.

BTW, the figure kicks all kinds of a$$, and I'll see what I can do about making a helmet to fit the head and having it ready by Con. The Downtown legs are a great working choice for this design.

that's was fast.. I wonder if they're just trying to spread the last two out, lol

Joe- I spoke with Lanny today, and he had mentioned that he had hoped that the corrected samples would make it in today and it looks like they did. He had said the problem with the first smaple they got was that the waist and a couple other things were wrong....they had asked for corrections and the samples were due to arrive at any minute since they got these samples in about 2 weeks ago when this all started.

BTW, the figure kicks all kinds of a$$, and I'll see what I can do about making a helmet to fit the head and having it ready by Con. The Downtown legs are a great working choice for this design.

How difficult would it be to make a helmet w/ a visor? To me Flash and Grand Slam's iconic look includes the helmet with the visor. To have them without it looks great, but is just missing that certain something. Since they are most likely going to give us Grand Slam as well, take that into account with how many you make (if you are able to get this project completed in time) I'm just hoping it won't come to that and that somehow MC will hear our cries once again and get a decent looking helmet in there.

How difficult would it be to make a helmet w/ a visor? To me Flash and Grand Slam's iconic look includes the helmet with the visor. To have them without it looks great, but is just missing that certain something. Since they are most likely going to give us Grand Slam as well, take that into account with how many you make (if you are able to get this project completed in time) I'm just hoping it won't come to that and that somehow MC will hear our cries once again and get a decent looking helmet in there.

I agree, that was my favourite thing about my Flash figure back when I was a kid.