2007 JoeCon 3 3/4" box art and figure preview

LoneRaver

Clutch is at best, alright. I'm not really in love with the 1982-83 style legs given that they look so dated (and the waist to a lesser extent), and what gives with the paint job on the boots? Is that supposed to indicate long pants or that the boots have some different material on the uppers? Weird....the torso, head and arms are cool enough and present a different but uniqe look though.

I guess they're supposed to be gaiters?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaiters

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be cool with that if they found some legs that indicated that, but right now it looks like a Funskool paintjob on the lower legs. Perhaps if they'd chosen a slightly lighter or darker color for palette demark-ation. Again, it's jsut a nit pick and something of an eyesore to me personally.

I love that Doc figure!!!!! She looks awesome and I love the reference to her "legendary uncle." ^_^

Rock N Roll is a close 2nd follwed by the Cobra Females. I'm not to wild about how Clutch looks but hes ok.

I may end up having to order this set after all @hmmm@

Dunno if anyone noticed, but those are Ripcords legs...makes me wonder how much of the rest of the figure they have stil available? IIRC this is the first time those have been used since South America?

Zap does look good, but it looks like he'll be trading the springloaded weapon for a Maraduer John RPG-7. Other than that, kudos (even though they used the same waist for Clutch).

*EDIT* Actually, the legs are from Snow Job. I knew it was wishful thinking.

I think this is the first con set I actually like.

Are they using comic 3-pack heads for these?

So far anyway. Both the R&R head and now Zap have both been from the comic packs. I wasn't too excited about the looks of the R&R, but everything else, including Zap here, looks great!

all the Joes look really nice, but I am just not sure if I need to own them. They aren't really any of my favorite characters, and I hate those Cobra chicks.... so I don't see buying them, at least not from MC.... I might chase them down later though.

as for Clutch's filecard, I kinda think a snowcat might be in the set.... and a wintercamo Vamp.

I am just worried th vehicles will have an ugly marble camo like they keep doing

Seeing the black strip on Clutch's file has me agreeing Clam. I just hope that the tank is not the one per set vehicle cuz I want more as my COBRA motor pool is lacking tanks other than HISS I's II's and III's

Clutch looks good! A lot of nice figures here, and the colors are pleasing to my particular tastes, so I'm still thinking of trying to pick this set up.

this set continues to impress me. great use of molds with enough originality thrown in. by far the best con set MC has produced, and the first one I regret I won't be getting.

Clutch is at best, alright. I'm not really in love with the 1982-83 style legs given that they look so dated (and the waist to a lesser extent), and what gives with the paint job on the boots? Is that supposed to indicate long pants or that the boots have some different material on the uppers? Weird....the torso, head and arms are cool enough and present a different but uniqe look though.

I guess they're supposed to be gaiters?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaiters

In the latest pics it looks like MC may have recolored the boots and lost the gaiters.I agree that they looked quite strange with the old school boots.

The Joes are "meh" so far. They look like they would be placed with my Steel Brigade units. Moore looks good although the head is kinda big compared to the other heads being used. Still, it will be nice to have an Infantry Commander aside from Bludd.

doc, clutch and zap are the only figures that look good to me. given what they had to work with i think mc did a nice job with the female cobra trooper females but i was hoping for them to look more like the ones in the cartoon not the baroness's kinky friends she invites over for dinner when destro is entertaining some guests. . .

maybe if they were not black and didn't have their skin showing on their back and if their military uniform wasn't held together by 8 tiny red strings. . .

lt. claymore is pretty cool too i guess. but considering i don't have any shock viper anymore he has no purpose in my army. . . why was he included in this set?? o yeah and i really really hate that helmet.

Clay Moore is a decent figure... but nothing that grabs me and says "buy this set!"

I don't understand the return of spring loaded weapons, or why MC continues to mold all of their weapons in that crappy translucent grey plastic.... black guns anyone??

Grunt's up. The new head is kewl, but I'm not sold on the use of Snow Job's body here, and especially not the legs twice in one set. Seems cheapish to me on what should be a unique figure.

Yay! Grunt actually looks good. I just hope Flash retains his classic look. Why is Grunt the only Joe with a helmet? Shouldn't they all have one for consistency?

Flash better have a helmet, a visor and his shoulder fired laser gun.