2007 JoeCon 3 3/4" box art and figure preview

LoneRaver

so far, so pleased. the female cobras are better than I expected. I have never had an interest in female Cobras but they may be enough to get me to try and get a set. and the R&R is a great update of the character.

MC should have been putting together the RAH 6 packs, they have a much better feel for the characters and parts than Hasbro does.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can this thread get merged?

agreed, and people started talking and speculating about the figures in that 3-pager when the midnight preview was shown.. so, I merged and changed the title to reflect ;)

Rock n Roll looks decent.... not fantastic.. but I would like to own him.

however, I have no interest in those female troopers whatsoever. gross

They put up DOC, now:

She looks pretty cool.

New head sculpt.

New medic case.

Nice.

Yeah, she does. I do so love the medics especially. And they're getting alot of seriously great mileage on that Lady Jaye torso!

Those accessories are so awesome. Who's designing these things??? It's like they read my mind!

She's even wearing a freaking caduceus and the orange cross!!! :wub:

The only problem is. . .the Doc in my Joe-verse isn't dead!!! @cry@ What am I gonna do? What if the filecard continuity lists her as a. . .replacement??? I'm pretty anal about that. ;)

Crap-in-a-hat. @grumpy@

-PJ

They put up DOC, now:

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/.../RAHpreview.cfm

She looks pretty cool.

New head sculpt.

New medic case.

Nice.

WOW!! :o

There's another HIT! I like this figure a LOT!

I may be purchasing my FIRST convention set yet? :)

They put up DOC, now:

She looks pretty cool.

New head sculpt.

New medic case.

Nice.

The case isn't new. It originally came with 1990 Salvo.

They put up DOC, now:

She looks pretty cool.

New head sculpt.

New medic case.

Nice.

WOW!! :o

There's another HIT! I like this figure a LOT!

I may be purchasing my FIRST convention set yet? :)

you and me both! on top of the figure looking great, my late mother-in-law went to Wayne State Medical School. that may not mean much to anyone else, but it is those little details grounded in reality that can personalize G.I. Joe and make it that much more appealing.

ZOMG! They PUT UP THE FILECARDS!!! Someone up there must really like me. :)

Is that the same Doc from the DD comic?

EDIT: Ohhh. . .she's from Reloaded, an "alternate Joe-universe" version of Doc, like the Ultimate Marvel Universe continuity. She's so good, she can cure the zombie virus!!! @loll@

Her FC text is a fun read. And like Gun stated above, it's pretty realistic. And before anyone scoffs at the "family relation" angle, it's actually more realistic than you think. It's not uncommon for an entire family of doctors to work in the same hospital, especially minorities. No, I can't prove this, HIPAA won't let me. Just take my word for it. That part of her file only adds to the realism.

The female trooper cards are pretty kewl, but they need someone to proofread and re-edit. <_<

-PJ

:puts on Karnak hat:

I predict the SDCC giveaway will be either a little comic book detailing the plot surrounding the convention set, or one will be later included as an add-on to the con set, kind of like the little VvV comics. The con filecards seem to allude to a more extensive back-story just begging to be told.

Furthermore. . .Trimpe and Hama are special guests. Who would pass up an opportunity like that?

-PJ

Yeah, she does. I do so love the medics especially. And they're getting alot of seriously great mileage on that Lady Jaye torso!

Those accessories are so awesome. Who's designing these things??? It's like they read my mind!

The only problem is. . .the Doc in my Joe-verse isn't dead!!! @cry@ What am I gonna do? What if the filecard continuity lists her as a. . .replacement??? I'm pretty anal about that. ;)

Crap-in-a-hat. @grumpy@

-PJ

It doesn't say she replaced him at all, just that she followed in his footsteps by joining the military. Someone can follow in the footsteps of someone still alive.

this DOC female is the number one reason I am buying this set,! Sparks is number two!

I love this DOC character and hope to see her appear in the comics!

oh and if anyone wants to buy my Rock and Roll Zap Grunt or flash PM me I have no interest in them and would like to sell them. Will sell them for the actual cost, dont want to make money off of them just get what i paid for them!

thanks

Rock n Roll looks decent.... not fantastic.. but I would like to own him.

however, I have no interest in those female troopers whatsoever. gross

Clam doesn't realize women are inherintely evil...?

-Kevin

I always knew Clam had no interest in females. @smilepunch@

Clutch is at best, alright. I'm not really in love with the 1982-83 style legs given that they look so dated (and the waist to a lesser extent), and what gives with the paint job on the boots? Is that supposed to indicate long pants or that the boots have some different material on the uppers? Weird....the torso, head and arms are cool enough and present a different but uniqe look though.

They put up DOC, now:

She looks pretty cool.

New head sculpt.

New medic case.

Nice.

Crap-in-a-hat. @grumpy@

-PJ

I don't consider Doc dead either, but I don't see anything wrong with having two MDs on the team. It's gotten pretty big over the years and it'd help him out quite a bit, considering the trouble Joes could get into!

Clutch is cool. I don't like him as much as Rock and Roll or Doc, but I like him. Crap, I'm gonna have to preorder this I think... I'd better wait til next payday!