2007 JoeCon 3 3/4" box art and figure preview

LoneRaver

I am glad to see they are finally giving us a new Flash. It's about time! What sucks is that I will probably never be able to get ahold of one unless they use the mold for a more general release figure.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick note....I'm not certain if you guys were aware, but the box-art was done by Herb Trimpe who was also the artist on GI Joe #1, and several subsequent issues. Factor that into trying to decide what the designs are exactly.

*EDIT* Actually, I just cofirmed that the boxart is (of course) an homage' to the artowrk he did on the cover of GI Joe #1. The artwork he did do for this year is actually for the filecards. Just thought I'd make that correction.

My thoughts:

Black suited cobra troops- this sucks because they will not blend in w/my army of original cobra soldiers and officers.

Tanks- could be very cool, is the mauler mold still around anyone know???

-saboteur

SO do we know for certain if these are going to be ARAH, New Sculpt or dare I say it... 25th style. I for one don't care about ARAH and won't be getting the set if it is ARAH. I just want to know so I can put mail my con form in.

The last puzzle piece looks like it will reveal a female Joe. Looks like the Lady Laye body to me, but there seems to be some shoulder length hair on the edge of the piece we can see. I am wondering if she will be a new character, LJ, or even Cover Girl redesigned. The reason I mention her is because in the picture she looks to be wearing brown or tan.

I am also wondering about the other Joes. I can only make out Rock n Roll, Clutch, and Flash. Who are the others? Could we also be getting the GI Joe Claymore as well as Cobra's? Because in the pic with Flash, there is a guy wearing a yellow shirt with a green vest over it that does resemble Capt Claymore. Could be Dial Tone as well, but...

I thought ARAH figures was pretty standard for the convention sets?

I think there's more demand for'em anyway, seeing how they're not on the market at all now, and all the molds are at MC's disposal now, so I'd only imagine they're going to take advantage of that, and put together some interesting versions of some old molds for some NEW characters.

If I had any say in it, I'd advise that they stick with that formula. :)

The last puzzle piece looks like it will reveal a female Joe. Looks like the Lady Laye body to me, but there seems to be some shoulder length hair on the edge of the piece we can see. I am wondering if she will be a new character, LJ, or even Cover Girl redesigned. The reason I mention her is because in the picture she looks to be wearing brown or tan.

I am also wondering about the other Joes. I can only make out Rock n Roll, Clutch, and Flash. Who are the others? Could we also be getting the GI Joe Claymore as well as Cobra's? Because in the pic with Flash, there is a guy wearing a yellow shirt with a green vest over it that does resemble Capt Claymore. Could be Dial Tone as well, but...

The figures are:

Flash

RnR

Clutch

Zap(they one that looks like Claymore or Dialtone)

Grunt

Sparks

Doc(Carla Greer- female- GIJoe Reloaded)

Lt. Claymore(Cobra)

Female Cobra Officer

Female Cobra Troops x6

If we get a Cobra Mauler out of this, it's going to be a BIG factor as to whether I go to the Con or not this year! I'd prefer another Joe version, maybe in camo this time around (green preferably but tan/brown camo would look great next to the original as well), but maybe in the future, if the mold is in fact still around!

My thoughts:

Black suited cobra troops- this sucks because they will not blend in w/my army of original cobra soldiers and officers.

Yeah, I would have prefered female blueshirts, but they still look cool.

My thoughts:

yeah, that and the breasts. @smilepunch@

Well, they are bandying around the idea of re-releasing these females in blue with black trim thru the club possibly (at least in the forums). It all depends on member response.

SWEEET....

Mauler time baby! i called it.

ALL female troops on the tank though??? Come on...thats kinda lame. Cobra would never have a brigade of just women. We better get a few matching regular soldiers to go along with this...maybe a three pack or something>?

liking the mauler though...especially in blue/black

-saboteur

Cobra Commander is too much of a male chauvinist to employ WOMEN into his Cobra ranks. He can barely stand the Baroness being around, but that's Destro's doing, so he tolerates her.

Not sure I'm all too crazy about some pony-tailed Cobra troops. @lol@

I like this figure a. . .lot (scroll down on their page for a bit of a closeup).

I think Mastercollector really outdid themselves this time. Hopefully, there will be a blue variant set (I hope). In any case, I'm going to try my hardest to get at least a brunette trooper and maybe Sparks.

Again, great job you guys! @yipee@

-PJ

Yowza!!! Those are some smokin' action figures!

Wait, maybe theyre too smokin'...this seems just wrong for some reason. @hmmm@

But anyway, can anyone figure out where the parts come from? I'm just worried it looks kinda not ARAH (maybe the head is smaller than usual?) but I just want them to fit in with the rest of my Joes.