2007 JoeCon 3 3/4" box art and figure preview

LoneRaver

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Paul here. This late in the schedule, they should dispense with the false hype so that those who are on the bubble about the Con due to the figures will be able to decide.

I also think they're using this method because you guys guessed 'em impressively fast last year, I think within less than a week of the teaser photo, IIRC.

-PJ

It looks like they are possibly using the "Operation Crimson Sabotage" in this years set to. Perhaps we are getting a Joe undercover agent in the Cobra ranks? I know that Lanny posted that he had some of the figures to go over on 07/04, so hopefully if they colors are right, we can see some of the figures soon.

Lt. Claymore is a Cobra. He's a character from the cartoon. It's not the same person as Capt. Claymore of the Joes.

Flash's torso does look more like the Star Brigade Duke too.

Reminds me of the S.T.A.R.S. group shot, from Resident Evil! ^_^

starsa.jpg

Looks like Flash is getting a Barricade chest. Somewhat acceptable.

I suppose... They'd have gotten their money's worth if they had just recasted the Flash/Grand Slam pieces, I think. Oh well.

Another piece is up, and it looks like the end of a tank barrel very similar to what I remember the Mauler's barrel looked like. If it truly is a Marauder I will be very happy indeed. Supposed to be a second piece added again later today, and then only two more to go...

Can anybody make out the female trooper's body mold? I can't tell yet. Don't you think the Baroness or Lady J mold would be the likley choices? Thoughts?

Baroness bodies.

Based on what I can glean from this set of pics: The barrel is definately a Mauler or Lynx, but the body doesn't seem to be quite right like maybe they had added a brush bar or something. Either one would be fine, but it better have the freakin' tow cable. The Female Cobra's are definately Baroness torsos (and maybe more), and it looks like the helmets have goggles and they resemble the Ice Viper helmet from what I can tell. The boots on Claymore are very familiar, but I can't quite place them. The Post Card is signed Shana (Scarlett) and "You know who" (Snake Eyes most likely) which is interesting. If they are using a pre-existing head for Flash, my money is on the Comic Pack Grunt given the hair being parted on the wrong side from pretty much all other artwork of him. The lower legs on the Females are throwing me too...can't quite place them.

Another puzzle part is up. Uniforms on the female troops look pretty good color wise and it looks like the Baroness mold from what I can make out. I still can't tell if the tank is the Lynx or Mauler, but I have my fingers crossed for the Mauler.

Later...

New piece. Oh....I see. Our Fem-Cobras seem to be "reinacting" the pose for the #1 Issue Cover. I suppose that middle piece will be the last one to fill in on Tuesday.

Now....I wish we can see some proof shots of the figs.

Based on what I can glean from this set of pics: The barrel is definately a Mauler or Lynx, but the body doesn't seem to be quite right like maybe they had added a brush bar or something. Either one would be fine, but it better have the freakin' tow cable. The Female Cobra's are definately Baroness torsos (and maybe more), and it looks like the helmets have goggles and they resemble the Ice Viper helmet from what I can tell. The boots on Claymore are very familiar, but I can't quite place them. The Post Card is signed Shana (Scarlett) and "You know who" (Snake Eyes most likely) which is interesting. If they are using a pre-existing head for Flash, my money is on the Comic Pack Grunt given the hair being parted on the wrong side from pretty much all other artwork of him. The lower legs on the Females are throwing me too...can't quite place them.

94 Ice Cream Soldier/02 Shock Viper legs on Lt. Claymore. I can't place the female legs either. Hopefully, Scarlett and Snake Eyes will be extras.

I think the legs look quite a bit like Baroness as well. The 'coil' armor on the legs and thighs is too much like her original mold. Does anybody else wondering why Rock and Roll looks more like a Hobbit than a retired Joe. Something about him looks sooo darn hobbitish.

i hope its going to be a blue mauler for cobra

that shall be sweet...cobra females shock troops looking cool

by the look of them they got like the ice viper helmet???

looking forward to this set ..and i hope mc keeping them to arah style