Spider-Man 3 6" figure pics

Scott

I really don't know why everyone is griping... these are MOVIE figures... it's not like they're comic accurate figures we've been waiting years for... I think that these three waves (Spider-Man 3, Hulk, F4 etc) are just the beginning of HML spin-off lines... like Spider-Man Classics, F4 Classic, etc. I don't think this is HML4... it couldn't be... Hasbro isn't THAT stupid, or are they? Adding BAFs to thse spin-off lines is the perfect way to sell the figures, IMO if Sandman was all Sand and no human head, I would actually consider buying him as a comic accurate all sand Sandman...

As long as the rumoured Hulk, F4 and HML4 waves are true, I'm fine with these crappy Spider-Man 3 movie figures...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know why everyone is griping... these are MOVIE figures... it's not like they're comic accurate figures we've been waiting years for... I think that these three waves (Spider-Man 3, Hulk, F4 etc) are just the beginning of HML spin-off lines... like Spider-Man Classics, F4 Classic, etc. I don't think this is HML4... it couldn't be... Hasbro isn't THAT stupid, or are they? Adding BAFs to thse spin-off lines is the perfect way to sell the figures, IMO if Sandman was all Sand and no human head, I would actually consider buying him as a comic accurate all sand Sandman...

As long as the rumoured Hulk, F4 and HML4 waves are true, I'm fine with these crappy Spider-Man 3 movie figures...

i have to agree. CTR siad that the Nemesis wave is the fourth wave. also i really think this wave is to satisfy fan who weren't happy with the movie line. Personally i fine with this wave as long as the over waves are true and this is a spin off wave for fans (Maybe Spider-man 3 Collector Editions would be nice.)

meh they all look pretty lame. I love BAF Sandman but I really don't want to buy yet another Venom, two Spideys, Sandman and New Goblin AND GG and Doc just to build him when hes mostly a statue anyways. I might get Harry if his mask is removable and ends up looking good, but besides that I'm saving my money to complete the Blob which I still think is the best BAF

ur right star wars fan. i mean these figures arent TERRIBLE. i mean people people really. to me thsi is how i see it

1. sandman isnt bad at all. arms are the only thing imo

2. venom is purple. just repaint him! ITS MAGIC ISNT IT! now the face i dont like but sharpen the teeth and repaint the eyes movie acuratley and its not that bad. tongue needs to be chopped of tho.

3. new goblin is ok. upper body or chest is the only bad thing. the face yes is a little off but not terrible

4. mary jane is very good. im gonna redo her dress but shes not that bad people. shes supposed to look like kirsten not mj and i think that was done

5. black spiderman is the downfall. really i think it would have saved money to just repaint the regular spiderman which im doing now because of this. its inorexic and bad

6. regular spideys fine just hope it has good articulation.

7. dock ock looks fine but gg something about it is weird. either way its fine to me

8. baf is not that bad. i mean for people like me expecting the sand monster its bad becasue he was gonna be in my display of the final battle but for me this is fine.

overall the figures arent bad. theyre just missing details, like little things. black spidey sucks tho. im hoping for a spiderman classics line like u star wars but i think how this line sells is the deciding factor

Looks good! Glad to finally see some pics of these guys. The articulation department has really taken a step up from the old days, I'm glad to see them trying out new stuff and keeping with the other developments they've made (though i'm sad to see that the funky hip joints are here to stay....at least it looks like it).

As for them individually, I'm certainly gona get Venom; it's the first Venom in a long time that's not a huge freakin' monster or drooling twenty gallons of slop. It's a nice redesign and I'll be happy to have him as my standard Venom! I'm also gona pick up the Harry figure, though I wish he still came with the sword thing so that his hand is open to hold other things (the regular movie figure has been alot of fun so far since he can hold a wide number of accessories and pose as a sort of spy-guy). The black Spider-Man is looking pretty snazzy as well! It looks a bit different from the movie, which I like. I think I might pick it up on looks alone.

Anyhow, I'm pleased and I hope they keep up this level of quality.

Looks good! Glad to finally see some pics of these guys. The articulation department has really taken a step up from the old days, I'm glad to see them trying out new stuff and keeping with the other developments they've made (though i'm sad to see that the funky hip joints are here to stay....at least it looks like it).

As for them individually, I'm certainly gona get Venom; it's the first Venom in a long time that's not a huge freakin' monster or drooling twenty gallons of slop. It's a nice redesign and I'll be happy to have him as my standard Venom! I'm also gona pick up the Harry figure, though I wish he still came with the sword thing so that his hand is open to hold other things (the regular movie figure has been alot of fun so far since he can hold a wide number of accessories and pose as a sort of spy-guy). The black Spider-Man is looking pretty snazzy as well! It looks a bit different from the movie, which I like. I think I might pick it up on looks alone.

Not sure what you smoking in that picture there but i'd guess it's crack or meth.

"I'm pleased and I hope they keep up this level of quality." haha.

Not sure what you smoking in that picture there but i'd guess it's crack or meth.

"I'm pleased and I hope they keep up this level of quality." haha.

Well, the quality of the articulation is nice; I like the new styles they've made. The joints are tighter now, and I can now buy MLs without wondering if it's going to break right out of the package. Good stuff! The paint is a bit brighter (not much blackwash as the Toybiz stuff) but they're still fun toys, so eh. Who cares?

In terms of liking the figures....well, what's not to love? I hated the last Venom we got; he looked like a black bag full of chunky soup with a face that was possibly shot with a shotgun first, then painted up. I always liked the toned down original version of him without the super hunched over beast look with the bulging muscles and veins. I also hated the jaw that went down to his mid-chest. This one is more subdued and I liked the movie redesign. The other figures are good lookin' to boot, I just don't want 'em all.

I'm sorry I don't share your views, but let me explain: I like toys. Characters always come second. For instance, the Harry figure is just a sweet looking toy. I couldn't care less that he's from the movie. Black costume Spidey? Just a snazzy design and a cool looking toy. The rest can stay because Sandman isn't in my area of interest. He's a great looking figure and awesome for Sandman fans, but I don't really want 'em.

Anyhow, my point is that these figures cater to my interests. I don't need to be on anything to enjoy a good action figure. However, I figure you've got to be on something to complain up and down about the little differences that a toy line goes through in it's lifetime. Or, perhaps being on something just prompts useless, one sentence answers that don't provide any substance or explanation of the comment. Your choice.

How can you judge somthing that has not even been released yet these are most likley not what the final products are going to look like and mostly everyones already complaining. TYPICAL!!

I still dont like the figures but have to agree that the BAF would be better if it was all sand instead of the human head. I would have considered buying a line i dont want for a cool BAF. As it stands still just MJ for me.

2. venom is purple. just repaint him! ITS MAGIC ISNT IT! now the face i dont like but sharpen the teeth and repaint the eyes movie acuratley and its not that bad. tongue needs to be chopped of tho.
Although I agree that these figures aren't quite as bad as people are making them out to be, I really don't agree with you here. It's not my job to correct what should have been done right the first time. Hasbro ought to know that Venom isn't purple. They PAY people to get these things right. It's rediculous that they would even make a mistake like this.

Thank you, Duck Face. There seems to be a lot of this going around..."This figure's not that bad...just do X, Y & Z to it and it's look great!"

Why? Why should you have to? If you are paying 10 bucks for a stupid action figure, the MOST work you should have to do is open it and display it. Not completely revamp it, even if you have the ability/skills to (which most collectors don't).

I always chuckle when I read something like that. If I go buy some new clothes and get home and realize they are full of holes, should I sew them all up just because I could??

I REPAINT MY FIGURES A LOT. IT IS MY HOBBY. I JUST LOVE TO DO IT. NOT EVERYBODY CAN PAINT AND THOSE PEAPLE DESERVE TO GET THE FIGURES RIGHT. HOW IT IS IN THE MOVIE AND NOT PURPLE VENOM. I MEAN IN THE MOVIE HE IS BLACK. WHY DO HIM PURPLE? IT IS SUPOSE TO BE A COLLECTORS WAVE. THE KIDS STUFF IS DONE. IT TOOK ME SOME FIGURES TO MESS UP JUST TO TRAIN PAINTING FOR THE COLORS AND ALL. NOT EVERYBODY HAS THE TIME, THE PATIENCE, THE MONEY, THE TALENT TO DO IT. YES THE SCULPT IS GOOD FOR VENOM. I HAVE REPAINTED THE 5-INSH ONE AND FOR ME HE LOOKS AWSOME. I WANNA SHOW THE PICTURE BUT I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS HERE. MY COMPUTER SKILLS ARENT GOOD :P

Hmm... on the subject of the re-used Toy Biz molds (Spidey, Doc Ock, Goblin), how many Toy Biz sculpts does Hasbro now have the rights to? They released the "attack feature" Ock in the Origins set for play value, but what's stopping Hasbro from using the second version (with the bendy tentacles) in the more collector-friendly line?

yeah a black venom would be nice, how bout hasbro give us a scorpion venom? anyways the only one i'm looking into getting is the red spiderman because i've missed out on that one a coupla times maybe the new goblin

Not liking any of these. Definately a line I'll be avoiding.

The ones I want are just the toybiz re-releases since I didn't get them the first time around.