Spider-Man 3 6" figure pics

Scott

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I'm not into collecting movie figures, I was never gonna get these aweful re-hashed figures anyway. Seriously folks, haven't you all had your share of collecting the same ol charatcers over & over again? Why do any of you want a venom, goblin, sandman, or even another freakin Spidey etc again?

I'm done buying Spidey based figures until I see new villians that they've never done such as Tarantula, Jackel, Stegron, Hammerhead,etc.

By continueing to buy the same crap they put out, they will never give us never before done characters & it'll be your fault!

There's definitely some pros and cons here. I've been with marvel legends since before it even began with spider-man classics. That said these are some of the more poor figures I've seen. I probably won't buy any, but lets be reasonable. This line is far better than spider-man 2's toybiz line. At least you get a harry and mary jane. Last movie's line there were 40 different toys but only 2 characters, spider-man and doc ock.

The figure look cheap mainly because of the plastic and lack of paint applications, but also because of a lack of minor detailing. Otherwise if you really want spider-man 3 toys these aren't all that awful. If you didn't want them who cares? You save some money since they're not good enough quality to warrant a purchase even if you didn't care for the movie.

Bleh. I was hoping the MJ figure wouldn't look so much like Kirsten Dunst so I could pass it off as a 616 version. Maybe I'll pick up a couple of these when they go on clearance, but probably not. Hasbro does it again.

Wow these things are garbage. I haven't bought a figure in a month and I think Im done with hasbro products. I really wish HML line and the other marvel lines die. I rather the lines end then watch them ture into such a joke. I saw Doc Doom from the FF line and both of his hands were molded in a way that the fingers were not seperated. I rather buy the Kenner Water World toys than these hunks of ass.

Wow total trash!

Ugh, at least I won't need to get all the figs for the BAF, since it doesn't excite me all that much. At first glance, I'll probably get Venom, New Green Goblin, MJ, and maybe black costumed Spidey. The Sandman is easily the worst of the bunch - it's really bad. At least I have the Spider-Man Classics one. If these are the protos, then Hasbro has a lot of work to do on the paint, especially if they're trying to cater to the collector's market.

Wow these things are garbage. I haven't bought a figure in a month and I think Im done with hasbro products. I really wish HML line and the other marvel lines die. I rather the lines end then watch them ture into such a joke. I saw Doc Doom from the FF line and both of his hands were molded in a way that the fingers were not seperated. I rather buy the Kenner Water World toys than these hunks of ass.

That makes a whole lot of sense. Instead of wanting them around so that the people who do enjoy them can do so, you'd rather the line completely end just because you do not like them...

:rolleyes:

I don't think not liking them is the only reason for not wanting these on pegs at all. If they sell poorly, which they likely will, Hasbro isn't likely to blame the failure on the fact that these figures suck. They'd be just as likely to cut back on Marvel stuff because they think the market is oversaturated or something than use the poor sales as motivation to make better toys.

When figures suck this bad, everyone loses.

I wasn't expecting much to begin with so now I can say that they're actually better than I expected. I was originally going to just get MJ, but now I'm also getting Harry and maybe black spidey. The rest are pretty ho-hum. Both Sandmans pale in comparison to the TB version. Three re-issues don't help either, especially when Doc Ock and GG were already re-done in the Origins line. How many times are these figures going to have to rot on the shelves before someone realizes that nobody wants them? Anyway, I'd give this line a C- overall.

There's definitely some pros and cons here. I've been with marvel legends since before it even began with spider-man classics. That said these are some of the more poor figures I've seen. I probably won't buy any, but lets be reasonable. This line is far better than spider-man 2's toybiz line. At least you get a harry and mary jane. Last movie's line there were 40 different toys but only 2 characters, spider-man and doc ock.

Of course there where tons of spideys and ocks because there was nothing left to choose. SM3 has three villains and two different spidey costumes (Which i thought they wuold have turned out really good, cause TB`s blue spiderman looks dark grey, not blue). I had hopes for this line, it wasn`t really difficult to use TB molds, with better plastic quality and , at least, correct color tones on both spideys, but nooooooooo, they just had to F·%" it up.....

I hope i change my minds (which i think i will not) when the SDCC pics come out

HOLY CRAP!! Those are REAL CRAP!!!

I have never been so underwhelmed by 6' Marvel figs in my life.

How soon 'till HASBRO loses this license? 1 year? 2?

It will happen...

They can't loose the license they paid for it. It's theirs to do whatever they please.

It will happen...

They can't loose the license they paid for it. It's theirs to do whatever they please.

they only have the license for a cerain number of years, and once that is up then the license is up for grabs. so yes they can lose it after it expires. just like toybiz did. now just because they have it does not mean they have to make any marvel product till that time. they can stop making the product after next year if they want and still have the license for the rest of the time avoiding any other toy company to make the line. after all they have the star wars license til 2018 but that does not mean they have to make star wars toys till 2018.

It will happen...

they only have the license for a cerain number of years, and once that is up then the license is up for grabs. so yes they can lose it after it expires. just like toybiz did. now just because they have it does not mean they have to make any marvel product till that time. they can stop making the product after next year if they want and still have the license for the rest of the time avoiding any other toy company to make the line. after all they have the star wars license til 2018 but that does not mean they have to make star wars toys till 2018.

They have the Marvel license for 5 years. 2007-2011

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

When I heard the Marvel license was going to Hasbro, I said "Habro will ruin it the line." Everyone I knew told me to "Give Hasbro a chance." Well I gave them a chance, and they have ignored everything that made Marvel Legends worth collecting.

I'd sure like to have a Mary Jane figure, but I'm not even going to buy her. I refuse to give Hasbro any money or support for this trash.

It will happen...

They have the Marvel license for 5 years. 2007-2011

MARVEL has the right to terminate this contract at any time.

NO, I haven't seen the actual contract, but I don't have to. I've signed enough contracts to know that that is standard language, and is designed to specifically avoid the scenario described above where the licensee does not produce any product based on the license, and the client suffers as a result.

NO client would be dumb enough to grant a license to any company under these conditions. It would offer no recourse whatsoever to rectify a bad situation, such as failure to fulfill the terms of the license.

In other words, if HASBRO was habitually late in making deliveries, and produced poor quality product, MARVEL can cancel the license. There would probably be some legal wrangling, but that's how it would work.

Again...NO...I haven't seen the language of the contract...but what I decribe is STANDARD.

i'm really not interested in getting any of these, but i am hoping from what we are starting to see, from the the spidey origins signature series is now marvel legends signature series, that this will just be a side line and not an actual ML wave. i'm not happy with these but this does give hope of getting a 6" iron man from the upcoming movie, i was worried this only 5" for movie thing would stick. maybe instead of marvel legends being a line, and spidey being a line and x-men, etc.... maybe the term "marvel legends" is just a new banner to bring all there products closer (maybe you collected MLs, but not the x-men figures or spideys, now they'll all be MLs, ha!).

i think the biggest mistake is that build a figure (i will buy a whole crappy line for a good BAF), if his head was sandy and big i might be a lil more interested, but the human type head stuck on the sandy body looks cheap. i'm kinda pissed that these are the ones getting vehicles and bases, when the regular mls don't even come with cheap-o flying stands or anything (so far atleast). the MJ's too dunsty for me, i'll wait for a 616 version (like we'll ever see that).

if this turns out to be a side line and doesn't slow down the normal ML progress (if you can call it that) then whatever, i'll just skip it. but if this is a normal line and i have to have this stuff staring back at me from the shelves for months, then i'll be pissed.

i think the biggest mistake is that build a figure (i will buy a whole crappy line for a good BAF), if his head was sandy and big i might be a lil more interested, but the human type head stuck on the sandy body looks cheap.

It really does. To make matters worse, this can hardly be called an action figure. As far as I can tell, he's articulated at the shoulders, neck, and maybe waist. More a glorified statue than a BAF.

As for everyone saying the images look cheap... blame Cool Toy Review. Since blue backgrounds in their image banks is a trademark of the guys behind the site (also seen extensively on Rebelscum.com), they like to photoshop blue backgrounds onto official images. The result is almost always cheap looking. That's not to say these figures would look any better with a regular white background, but there you go.

I might've gotten Doc Ock if they up-scaled the 5" one, since I think that version captures the feel of the character better than the Toy Biz ones, even if the details aren't entirely accurate.

At the moment, these could just be prototype photos so for all we know. They may actually look somewhat better once you see them in person(Or from the photos from the SDCC). But judging from these photos at the moment, I'll most likely go after MJ, black Spidey, and maybe New Goblin. MJ is more based on Spider-man 2 than 3, but I'll still get her, espeically since she's in more normal clothing. While I did like the 1st Spider-man movie MJ, I felt that the dress she wore was more for a night out of town, date, or even a model show than for something she would wear on a daily basis or at home giving Peter a back rub. The Black Spidey is just missing the wrist articulation to allow it to move side to side, which is something I'm still hoping could be added in. New Goblin is just as good as his regular 5" counterpart, and I like the more superposiable 5" New Goblin figures. That figure showed me that Hasbro probably could do good superposiable 5" scale figures(But word of advice for Hasbro: Stick to 6"). Plus, he may have a removeable mask, making it even better than the 5" 1(Especially since the 5" New Goblin with removiable mask has a very low account of articulation). Regular Spidey I may get if they get the right tone of blue.

The rest I'm going to avoid. I picked up the Wal-mart Exclusive 5" Venom figure so I'm okay with that, even if it's not in scale. To me, rather have a proper colour figure in a different scale than a figure that isn't in the proper colours in scale. The 6" Venom sculpt looks okay, and they gave him white eyes, but the fact that it's purple is the real turn off(You know, I could maybe accept purple Venoms as some variant of the figure, but only so long as there are movie accurate black verisons out there too). Sandman looks cheap. When I heard Sandman was going to be in Spider-man 3, I was expecting a Sandman figure that would be done similar to the Spider-man Classics verison. Or heck, even a Sandman figure similar to that 3" 1 with motocycles, which has normal hands with some sand accessoires to attach to his hand. So you can see that I've been a bit let down with all the Sandman figures from Hasbro(The only Sandman figures from the movie I like is the 2 pack ooze one with Spidey since it's an interesting sculpt, and the 8" or 9" talking 1 from Thinkway Toys). Add in the fact that I think the Build A Figure Sandman's head looks more like the actor than the regular 6" figure has me somewhat upset as well. Wonder if you could replace the regular Sandman figure's head with the Build A Sandman's head? If you can do that, I might end up slightly interested, but not so much really.

Not interested in Green Goblin or Doc Ock. Maybe if Ock was a 6" verison of the 5" figure from Hasbro or even if they gave Ock a shirt(Resculpting, cloth, or even painting it in), I would of strongly considered it. Hated the fact that all the ToyBiz Spider-man 2 Ock figures were shirtless wonders(If more Doc Ock figures were made, I could accept 1 or 2 being shirtless. Or even with the 2, 1 should of had a shirt). I mean, I don't want to be looking at his gut feeling that he should cover up or put on a shirt or something like that. Plus, I sort of get this "Flasher" type vibe to this figure because he has no shirt. Not interested in the Build A Sandman. Interesting, but not interested. But again, will reserve 100% judgement once I see them in person or at SDCC.