Official Movie talk for those who HAVE seen it. SPOILERS GALORE

Starscream49

Dprime, I really enjoyed reading your review man. It made me think about things I hadn't considered, like how they all seemed to blend-in together whenever the fighting would start. It was hard to follow them at times, trying to figure out exactly what you were looking at. (lol) And I agree in that I too wish their faces were more "solid" instead of mechanical parts moving around to make up a "face". In recent years I had decided since Terminator 2 introduced us all to liquid metal, in retrospect that could have explained how fluid the original Transformers' faces looked in the show. They had liquid metal faces! Mystery solved! (lol) Again good review Dprime.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dprime, I really enjoyed reading your review man. It made me think about things I hadn't considered, like how they all seemed to blend-in together whenever the fighting would start. It was hard to follow them at times, trying to figure out exactly what you were looking at. (lol) And I agree in that I too wish their faces were more "solid" instead of mechanical parts moving around to make up a "face". In recent years I had decided since Terminator 2 introduced us all to liquid metal, in retrospect that could have explained how fluid the original Transformers' faces looked in the show. They had liquid metal faces! Mystery solved! (lol) Again good review Dprime.

Yeah, metal can be malleable, it's totally workable. Thanks, btw.

Speaking of which, interesting that they kept telling us time and again how mass-shifting wasn't believeable, but they put it in the script anyway...

Hearing so many good things about the film really got my hopes up, but what I think is happening is "The Phantom Menace Syndrome" - so many people were ready to LOVE this movie that they did, but when all the hype died down and people started looking at it a bit more objectively, a LOT of flaws will start to become more apparent.

UNTRUE!! I was going INTO it expecting it to BLOW CHUNKS aside from the robot action... but I loved it all for the most part! Its not perfect but it works! :) Just go into it not expecting anything and you will either love it or hate it though I don't see how its possible to hate it ...i

Same here... I started getting worried about the movie. I had my hopes very low, expecting crap, but still somehow hoping for the best.

Is it just me or was there a pretty big size discrepancy in Prime's hand when he picked up the sunglasses (after BB and the kids were hauled off by the feds). I thought his hand looked a lot smaller than normal when he picked it up.

UNTRUE!! I was going INTO it expecting it to BLOW CHUNKS aside from the robot action... but I loved it all for the most part! Its not perfect but it works! :) Just go into it not expecting anything and you will either love it or hate it though I don't see how its possible to hate it ...i

I hate it, but only in comparison to what could have been! Sort of the same way I feel about the Masters of the Universe movie I guess!

Anyway, I forgot to mention one of the best parts of the movie - MOJO! I loved that dog.

so you have seen it now then?.. & you still hate it?.. Just what could it have been?..

It's in my post on the last page. I didn't hate it, I just left the theatre feeling very disappointed. First half was good, once the Autobots showed up it was just, well, boring. I think it really showed that, despite a few G1 lines mixed in here and there, Bay just didn't get Transformers at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the movie... it dropped later here in London.

I think it was a very good movie. It was very entertaining and I enjoyed it.

However.... This movie didn't really have to be called Transfromers, did it?

change the names of the characters, and there is nothing "Transformers" about it.

I watched all the toons, played with the toys, read some of the comics, and I don't think any of the on screen bots fit their 80's counterparts very well.

before I list my complaints, again I will say that I liked this movie.. but it could have been about any alien robots and it would have been the same.

1. They didn't look like Transformers (they looked more like bugs most of the time)

2. Optimus doesn't have a mouth! WTF was that?

3. Megatron is not a mindless, animal, berzerkor. He was in the movie though.

4. Optimus is not a wimp, why was he in the movie? He got his ass kicked quite easily all over the place.

5. Where was Starscream? he was lame in the flick

6. How come Anthony Anderson was the ONLY hacker on the planet who could decode the Decepticon signal? LOL

7. Hated Frenzy with a passion, my girlfriend did too and she knows nothing about TFormers.

8. How come the hottest girl in Australia was the ONLY analyst who could figure out that the decepticons were a living creatures?

9. Why was Bumblebee the star of the movie until it came time to fight, then he got whooped and had his legs taken off?

10. How come the Decepticons kicked the Autobots ass, but a soldier with a gun was able to kill Blackout?

11. Allspark cube = lame

ah... there were lots more things I didn't like about the "Transformers" aspect of it... but it was good.

I hope before making the Sequal, Michael Bay, the producers and writers, watch some of the old cartoons and play with some of the G1 toys.

They need to make it more "transformery" @lol@

anyways.. good flick, definitely worth my 4 pounds (8 dollars)

:) :) For once, I actually agree with everything Claim34 said about this newly TFTM. The only thing I like about the movie is the CGI. I hate the plot, the less TF interaction with one another, and mostly in an exception to Prime/Bumble Bee/Jazz the rest of the TF designs are all crap! Anyhow, hopefully the sequel is better.

I have high hopes for the 2nd movie I'm sure it will kick ass :) now that they HOPEFULLY know what NOT to do LOL! I never even thought of some of the things that clam said but ya its oh so very true! Optimus was not that much of a wimp he sliced that one guys head off :) He was just more concerned about protecting us puny humans I think which makes him a true hero :)

1. They didn't look like Transformers (they looked more like bugs most of the time)

Yes stupid ugly bug eyed freaks were the decepticons & the autobots were all bug eyed too... I got use to it in the film though & thought some of the eye movement was quite neat... more like little cam corders...

2. Optimus doesn't have a mouth! WTF was that?

I thought he did have a mouth though ?.. Isn't that what was lame about him?..

3. Megatron is not a mindless, animal, berzerkor. He was in the movie though.

Hopefullly he is bettter in the 2nd movie and we can just put that up to being frozen in ice & deactivated for oh so very long by the humans...

4. Optimus is not a wimp, why was he in the movie? He got his ass kicked quite easily all over the place.

5. Where was Starscream? he was lame in the flick

Less hackers more SS! The fan based rumor that he was one of the jets that took the final shot at megatron though is quite nice and makes up for it :)

6. How come Anthony Anderson was the ONLY hacker on the planet who could decode the Decepticon signal? LOL

Yes hackers and hot chick should not have even been in the movie as well as the s6 guy tard...

7. Hated Frenzy with a passion, my girlfriend did too and she knows nothing about TFormers.

You think he would have taken a note from starwars ala jarjar binks.... he was the jarjar of tftm... I wonder what kids think of him though ?...

8. How come the hottest girl in Australia was the ONLY analyst who could figure out that the decepticons were a living creatures?

HA!

9. Why was Bumblebee the star of the movie until it came time to fight, then he got whooped and had his legs taken off?

"ewok" factor! They make you love him then feel sorry for him & then by the end of the movie you are just happy he is alive and well :) He did get a bit too beaten up though yes.. one leg off would have been quite enough! I would have liked to see him transform or try too with just one leg haha! That would have been funny! lol half the car gone hahah!

10. How come the Decepticons kicked the Autobots ass, but a soldier with a gun was able to kill Blackout?

Yes very true! Ironhide was all talk and no gun fire through out the movie, I think BB was the only one who really shot at anything, what were they thinking with that?!!?!....

"do you want me to off the prents?" LOL LAME ASS!! HIs hands are guns and he didn't even shoot at the deceps...

11. Allspark cube = lame

Ha! Yes very much so, hopefully it will lead to something biger in the next movie... like yknow the matrix and junk... bringing megs back to life...

After really thinking about it, the critizisms about the movie are true. THe movie was good, much better than I expected and the sequel better blow it away. THe bots should have had more bot on bot fights instead of humans beating them and there should have been less hacker stuff. I guess it was needed to keep the general non TF-fan interested while we TF fans were waiting to the the Transformers themselves.

yes its like xmen 1 vs xmen 2... or any other marvel movie just about once all the intro cra* for the most part is done with the next one is almost alll action!

Hearing so many good things about the film really got my hopes up, but what I think is happening is "The Phantom Menace Syndrome" -

I didn't have the "The Phantom Menace Syndrome". I had the "Revenge of the Sith Syndrome". I thought Scorponok was to Transformers what General Grievous was to Star Wars. Characters that weren't necessary, whose purposes could have been achieved by someone else.

Yes, I know General Grievous was a foreshadowing of what would happen to Anakin Skywalker, and acted as a prototype for the cybernetics, but I wish they had brought Darth Maul back to fill that role and he could have looked like he did in "STAR WARS: VISIONARIES".

The Transformers purpose of having alt modes is so they can blend in to their environment. Well, though he had some of the characteristics of a scorpion, he sure wouldn't have been able to blend into a group of them. Instead of Scorponok, they should have used any other character with a earth vehicle alt mode. Megatron not having a earth alt mode was fine and made sense. However, Scorponok stuck out like a sore thumb.

Yes, I know General Grievous was a foreshadowing of what would happen to Anakin Skywalker, and acted as a prototype for the cybernetics, but I wish they had brought Darth Maul back to fill that role and he could have looked like he did in "STAR WARS: VISIONARIES".

See I really like Maul and think they shouldnt have killed him. He was a great looking character. They should have let him go through all 3 movies and eventually die at the hands Obi-Wan or even Vader when Anikin was to take his place.

Hearing so many good things about the film really got my hopes up, but what I think is happening is "The Phantom Menace Syndrome" -

I didn't have the "The Phantom Menace Syndrome". I had the "Revenge of the Sith Syndrome". I thought Scorponok was to Transformers what General Grievous was to Star Wars. Characters that weren't necessary, whose purposes could have been achieved by someone else.

The Transformers purpose of having alt modes is so they can blend in to their environment. Well, though he had some of the characteristics of a scorpion, he sure wouldn't have been able to blend into a group of them. Instead of Scorponok, they should have used any other character with a earth vehicle alt mode. Megatron not having a earth alt mode was fine and made sense. However, Scorponok stuck out like a sore thumb.

Well, what I meant by "The Phantom Menace Syndrome" is that while the movie is still relatively new in our minds, a lot of people seem to really want it to be good - there was a lot of hype surrounding it and TF fans are pretty passionate, after all. On the surface, there's a lot of action, special effects, (arguably) cool looking characters and what not, and you heard a lot of people talking about how awesome it was leaving the theatre and for several days after, but there wasn't any real plot, the characters themselves were shallow, and parts of it were downright annoying (Frenzy in this one, Jar-Jar in the other). I don't think this movie is going to be remembered well in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's probably a better film than TPM, but that's not really saying that much.

I was a little disappointed in the Optimus vs. Megatron fight... where was that cool energy blade he used on Bonecrusher? From what I heard there was a lot of stuff cut from the movie... lets hope for a really good DVD release with tons of extra... supposedly there is more dialogue between Starscream and Megatron... it be real cool too if there is a clip of Starscream flying off into space and claiming the new leader of the Decepticons...